Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were always able to game FP+ too. I will never understand the excitement over giving Disney money for something that used to be included with the price of a ticket and/or resort stay.

We don't know anything about whatever new system they are coming up with. I wouldn't call it excitement. I am, however, ready for a change.

I'm sure this was talked about a couple of days ago, but I completely missed the conversation if so.

https://www.kennythepirate.com/2020/08/09/train-to-connect-orlando-airport-and-disney-world/
The Disney World expansion was announced earlier this year and Brightline hopes to open the station in 2022.

Sounds interesting...

I was thinking about this the other day and forgot when the completion date was and if it was still in the budget. I dont know how far along they are, but seeing how long it took the light rail station from Denver Airport to Downtown Denver took, 2022 seems very optimistic

I was thinking about this the other day and forgot when the completion date was and if it was still in the budget. I dont know how far along they are, but seeing how long it took the light rail station from Denver Airport to Downtown Denver took, 2022 seems very optimistic

Sounds like the main station will be done in 2022, Disney would follow afterwards. I realized my post was OT after the fact, this just seems a good central thread for news.

How does it relate it to the coronavirus impact on DW?

It will definitely be delayed.

Sounds like the main station will be done in 2022, Disney would follow afterwards. I realized my post was OT after the fact, this just seems a good central thread for news.

How does it relate it to the coronavirus impact on DW?

It will definitely be delayed.

It adjacently relates to COVID. We dont know how travel will be by then, maybe people would prefer a bullet train over DME

This is why I don't see a reason to be outraged over the change. We always stay onsite.

FP- didn’t give on-site guests a benefit, FP+ did but arguably with some research, effort, and a bit of luck off-site guests could have just as much success. I’m not convinced whatever new method we get will definitely benefit Disney bubble guests as much as it will definitely benefit those willing to lay out extra cash on it, although I will be thrilled if it does!

ETA - I think COVID may have changed the narrative for the better here. When this conversation happened before all this Disney was drawing in people like crazy and up charging like crazy, and they didn’t need incentives to stay on site as much as they may now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter