Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
While it's good to see cases finally dropping I don't think it will change much in regards to the so called pent up demand. Many people will not have the money to travel like they used to. A lot of people aren't working right now.

I disagree actually.

When people see cases start to drop, see no cases linked to Disney (kind of find that hard to believe, but you never know) and start to feel it's "safer", the people with trips booked may think twice about cancelling and other people on the fence may feel more comfortable to start booking for later in the year, next year.

Of course if Disney cuts hrs anymore or takes away anything else, that could still influence people to not book.

I guess it’s all in the way you think about things. People stating that maybe it’s their one and only time at Disney or just wanting a “ normal” pic without a mask confuse me, honestly. THIS is our “normal” for now. I mean, I have a lot of pics of my DD with braces and acne because that was the “normal” at that time. This is where we are right now, accept it and follow the rules put in place.

I agree.

My son was there last week. I told him before he went that if he didn't get me a picture of himself with a mask on in front of the castle I was cutting him out of the will. :goodvibes

20 years from now, which would be more fun for him to show his kids - some random picture of himself at WDW or one showing him and his friends sporting masks and hanging out in front of the castle? He saved all of the park maps just because they have photos of guests and CM's in masks. Life may suck right now, but we are making history. I'd like to have some record of our family's tiny place in it.

Anyone heard anything recent on TIW cards, or is the extension all there is? I forgot to ask yesterday. Really wish I could just transfer it over to one of you 🙃

Anyone heard anything recent on TIW cards, or is the extension all there is? I forgot to ask yesterday. Really wish I could just transfer it over to one of you 🙃

I had thought I read they were extending every's cards for the time parks were closed

Doesn't help me though. I bought it in feb because I had friends coming down in March and April, and had planned many restaurants. Well, now that didn't happen obviously, and won't get anywhere close to the value out of it

yeah. So i am so upset about this. I live about 30 min away, & have had an annual pass for years (not this year) & I hate to say it but I knew this was going to happen.

A mask rule on its own is fine & needed but only if you have people in authority enforcing it.
The thing with Sesame Place is - they primarily employ local high school kids.

I would go so far as to say, unless I’m walking into guest services, every person working a ride or a snack stand is between 16-18 max. All guest facing roles.

Not that it’s ever ok to hit anyone no matter their age, but it’s easy to see they are basically children.
While I think it’s AWFUL that this happened - I put some blame on Sesame Place. You can’t put the responsibility of enforcing masks on high school kids. I think Sesame Place put these kids in a terrible position. It’s a seasonal park that has a huge following locally - they could have easily taken the season off (they had corporate backers at the ready to support). This is one park that I’m mad about being open.
Not the park's fault at all. Blaming them for being open is misplaced blame.

I had thought I read they were extending every's cards for the time parks were closed

Doesn't help me though. I bought it in feb because I had friends coming down in March and April, and had planned many restaurants. Well, now that didn't happen obviously, and won't get anywhere close to the value out of it

They are but I’m in a similar scenario as you. Bought in October with just DH and I with the intention to use it on approximately 15 TS restaurants with a party of 8 last March. Extension doesnt do much for me, unless a miracle vaccine comes along!

Definitely did not get our moneys worth out of that one.

I disagree actually.

When people see cases start to drop, see no cases linked to Disney (kind of find that hard to believe, but you never know) and start to feel it's "safer", the people with trips booked may think twice about cancelling and other people on the fence may feel more comfortable to start booking for later in the year, next year.

Of course if Disney cuts hrs anymore or takes away anything else, that could still influence people to not book.
I've said this a couple of times, the current hours are good through the end of October. If Disney sees that demand is there they will change them and extend them again. For right now Sept is looking like a good month to come for those worried, Disney is still giving CM 60% off room rates for the month so longer hours don't make sense.
As to hard to believe no outbreaks have been linked to any of the theme parks, I said this also, if there wasn't an outbreak from that last week of operations back in March, when we were sooo crowded, strangers hugging strangers, crying, the Mardi Gras concert at Universal packed with people, I wasn't expecting one now with everyone aware, masks, social distancing, hand washing/sanitizing being universally accepted and compliance very high

I've said this a couple of times, the current hours are good through the end of October. If Disney sees that demand is there they will change them and extend them again. For right now Sept is looking like a good month to come for those worried, Disney is still giving CM 60% off room rates for the month so longer hours don't make sense.
As to hard to believe no outbreaks have been linked to any of the theme parks, I said this also, if there wasn't an outbreak from that last week of operations back in March, when we were sooo crowded, strangers hugging strangers, crying, the Mardi Gras concert at Universal packed with people, I wasn't expecting one now with everyone aware, masks, social distancing, hand washing/sanitizing being universally accepted and compliance very high

I wasn't really commenting on the state of the hrs now, just giving other reasons people might still cancel even if it seems safer - more cuts, etc.

Anyone got updates on the HS lightning strike? The place that shall not be named says several other attractions are down due to the power issues

Well, that was easy. DS entry was smooth and coordinated. No issues seen with non-compliance and the amount of sanitizing stations is excellent. Went to Homecomin' without reservations, but didn't think they would be necessary before noon. Only downside is the limited menu didn't have the carrot souffle', but I did manage to get the recipe for the Church Lady Deviled Eggs! Won't post pics of lunch as to prevent drooling on the screen unless requested.

Not busy at all, but did pick up as we were leaving. Glad we made the drive over.

Guess I don't understand why they'd be getting rid of Fast Passes permanently . I'm assuming some other system will take it's place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter