Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding layoffs and the ability to cut, I have been surprised this week to see how many CMs there are working in the parks. I assume there must be some minimum for safety reasons, but I thought there would be fewer than what I have seen. For example, I think there were five CMs working Living with the Land and there was zero queue and we were the only people on the boat and no one in the boat ahead of us. The CMs outnumbered the guests.
I think you’re right that there is some minimum staffing need. Staffing has to be a huge challenge for the parks right now. This is my speculation, but there are probably times of day when they do need all these staff, for example opening or for covering breaks, but outside these times there’s not as much need.

But you can’t really schedule your employee to only come in for the 2-3 hours they’ll be needed. Usually company policy or state law mandates some minimum number of hours guaranteed if you are scheduled to work. For example, places I’ve worked must pay you for a minimum of four hours if you come in for a shift. No one wants to come to work for just a couple hours.

FB AP group has someone who bought Out of State Plat APs June 2019, they used their passes over 30 days total last year, and requested refunds last month. They got $306 back per pass, so it has nothing to do with number of times you used your pass.
Yea, that's bogus. The refund process was quick, straight forward, and accurate to the penny in our case!

Because she used her pass 17 times. She is an in-state FL Silver level pass.

She called back as well and was told the same thing.

Im curious how they justified it given their wording and no mention anywhere about it being subject to use.

Is she monthly and that makes a difference?

Because she used her pass 17 times. She is an in-state FL Silver level pass.

She called back as well and was told the same thing.

I haven't been an AP in a couple of years, so I don't have any first-hand experience with this issue, but from what I've read (anecdotally) it absolutely matters who you speak with as to what happens with your AP refund (I know, I know. We're all very surprised that the info is different depending on your phone CM)... Has your mom tried escalating it beyond the first CMs who answer?

These screenshots are from a thread on Twitter a couple of weeks ago discussing some experiences getting the refunds.
Here's the link to the thread if anyone wants to read every comment.

Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 1.40.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 1.35.43 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 1.35.54 PM.png

I dont think so. I think the issues have many layers and peoples thoughts need to work through those layers.

People may think they want to go right now but can't due to no international travel. However, I think many of those if the restrictions were lifted tomorrow would then think ok... but what about Fl cases? What about our local economy? Will the flights really be safe? They may well then change their minds again and still not go.
Bingo. I really WANT to go. But no way I am going anytime soon

I believe it was the CNBC interview the day they submitted their plan to Florida. Basically said they would be able to fill to whatever capacity was. I think at the time their data likely indicated that was true. Reading through these boards its clear that a lot of people are waiting as long as they can to cancel because they really want to go! I for example have a Disneyland vacation planned for November and I'm not planning to make any decisions on it until at least mid September. If they surveyed me right now and asked me if I still want to go or if I am still planning to go the answer is an undeniable yes. But will I go is a totally different question - the answer is we'll see.
My reaction back then was that Chapek came off as arrogant and shortsighted. No reason to change that opinion now

Just back from MK and the crowds continue to grow, MK has not hit whatever capacity is self imposed since they are still selling tickets at the windows. Obviously not crowded in the regular sense of the word but more people than a week ago, surely more than opening week. Still I have not seen so much cleaning in my life, today I saw the CM clean the Liberty Belle decks. along with every rail and rope and surface that anyone can and will touch.
Also shout out to skipper Scott from the JC, probably one of my top favorites. The progress on the GF MK walkway is looking great, I feel it might be done by the time the NBA leave

It's so interesting to read these forums (in general, not just this thread). A lot of posters still say they haven't left houses in month, some not even going to grocery stores.

Like it or not, there are tons of people out and about where I live. Wearing masks appropriately, but out. Every day almost there is still a line to get in Home Depot.
Outdoor cafes are full (but socially distanced), parks are full. Running trails, walking trails.
People hanging out in groups in our alleys again (it's a thing here).
Backyard full of families again.
Traffic is a mess again.

Here in my circle- I believe that people would travel if not for not having the money or having to quarantine if visiting certain places.
And I also think rather than being worried about city/state imposed quarantines, more people are affected by employment imposed quarantines. If they can't work from home, jobs make them use PTO days for quarantine.
I think there is something at play here. As you may recall I am one of those termed as being “afraid to go anywhere” on this board. It’s ok. I admit that for personal reasons I won’t bore you with I am rather cautious these days
But I do go to stores, socially distant gatherings in my hood, local outdoor restaurants and even my local pool club
But I am dead set against traveling anywhere. If I go somewhere local and am uncomfortable I can turn around and come home. But traveling somewhere and being away from my sterile comfort zone for a prolonged stay? Just not doing it right now

(AP refunds again) A post was made about 45 mins ago in the big passholder group where an out of state passholder who used theirs 30+ days got the exact refund they were entitled to.

I think anyone being told it’s based on usage needs to push the issue.
Exactly. My folks (out of state) used their's 50+ days and got what they were entitled to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter