Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize WDW may not ever feel like the same exact escape it once was. Some processes will be here to stay. Hopefully over time, more things will feel a bit more normal again.
I’m nervous about this. Which processes do folks think may become permanent? I really would like a return to “normal” as much as possible one day.

I really think some of the issue with Tim Tracker right now is that he doesn't want to ride any indoor rides or eat anything in the parks. I mean, they are sanitizing their groceries still, even though the CDC says that's not necessary. That fear, for lack of a better term, is going to affect the theme park videos to an extent.

We also have been watching Adam the Woo, and it's a much different point of view. He seems more comfortable with the situation, thus the videos seem more comfortable.

It is interesting to see the differences in the vloggers, though. I like having the well-rounded view.

I agree with the bloggers being all over the place. I like to take all the info from them and this message board to base my thoughts and plans going into our vacation.

Adam the Woo seems very comfortable and acts like how I think I would on trips.
WDW Couple seem comfortable but proceed with caution
WDW Prep School seems scared to a point but pushing herself
Tim Tracker just seems out of place right now

That's how i've been viewing the videos when i'm watching them and learning this new world we live in for our trip that starts tomorrow morning at MK.

Yeah, I suspect this is a big factor. I had dinner with my parents this week and was showing them some vlogs showing the changes and my Dad asked me to turn it off because it was too depressing. He wouldn’t visit WDW now because of the risk but even if that were not a factor he said he would not go until it feels at least a little more like normal. We’ve already moved a December trip to early March but will likely be moving that trip to May now and see if it even happens. 🙁

We feel the same 🙁

We moved June 9/20 to December 9/20... Because this is a first trip for my littlest grands it has to be as magical for them as it was for their big brother on his first visit. I’m now considering another move, this time to late April or early May/21. My Mom just pointed out that it’s a good thing I’m a Gram in my early 50s — cause the way it’s going with all the moves.. by the time we get there in these times... 😳 lol.

It’s both frustrating and sad..

^^ edited to add Moms unsolicited comment!! lol😂

Last edited:
I agree with the bloggers being all over the place. I like to take all the info from them and this message board to base my thoughts and plans going into our vacation.

That's how i've been viewing the videos when i'm watching them and learning this new world we live in for our trip that starts tomorrow morning at MK.

I’m a Patreon member of WDW Prep School and I can tell you they aren’t scared. Just being cautious as we all should be right now.

But yes, everyone has different levels of comfort and priorities.

I think it's good each brings a little different personal experience, perspective.

Well sure. I was just saying it was a good observation, people now know it may be happening and can avoid ride if worried and hopefully it's not happening at all.

Who are you arguing with?
Not arguing. Just amazed that people are breaking the mask rules. It is selfish. It's quite upsetting when those with common sense are essentially excluded from a ride because of the selfish and dangerous behavior of others.

Being a brand new parent during a pandemic will do that. Plus Casey's Corner being closed probably has him less enthusiastic. Tim will get back in a groove, just for right now he's in his own way which is completely understandable.

We were watching videos too. I will tell you, I watched the Tracker video and thought to myself, gosh, it looks so depressing there.
Then we watched Prince Charming Dev's videos and I was trying to find a way to go now! :rotfl:
It's funny watching two different perspectives. Both pointed out good/bad, but the second video - I felt his excitement!

We talked and are actually quite okay with the changes that are in place right now, even the crowd levels. As long as next May there is no huge boom in cases like there is now, no closures of parks, etc. - we are super excited to go! And then the trip after that (2023/4) would probably be back to normal.

I agree, I watched a couple of Prince Dev’s videos last night (he’s a doll). I don’t know what happened to Tim, not sure if it’s the anxiety surrounding the virus or if he’s tired (probably a little of both). I remember being a new parent and I know I would have rathered be home with my baby than wandering around parks in 100 degrees with worry.

Also watched some of the livestreams of CorymeetsWorld. He did a great job and I’ll be watching some more of his videos!

They really need to do something about the boarding groups. If their plan is to space out arrivals at the parks (by not opening parking lots until right before park opening, etc) having the rush for a spot for ROTR is crazy. They either need to figure out a way to make the 1 and 4 slots more attractive, or maybe release new spots every hour instead of just 3 times a day. Otherwise they will continue to see this rush at park opening go on forever.
Allowing people with a park reservation to book a 10 am, 1 pm or 4 pm BG at 10 am from anywhere would solve this problem. They're forcing people to still get there at 10 am to try for that slot first then use 1/4 pm as backups.

Last edited:
We are at AK today. Got in the park around 10. Very short wait for FOP and NRJ. Expedition Everest has been down since park opening. Hope this isn’t an all day thing. That’s my kids favorite. We missed Test Track on out Epcot day because it was down nearly the whole day. That’s really the only disappointing thing so far this trip

Allowing people with a park reservation to book a 10 am, 1 pm or 4 pm at 10 am from anywhere would solve this problem. They're forcing people to still get there at 10 am to try for that slot first then use 1/4 pm as backups.

I think that would cut the crowds down a lot at opening. I could see a lot more people selecting that 1 or 4pm slot to close the night out. The only problem is with the ride breaking down so much you pretty much need to get in on that 10am slot to have a real shot.

I just keep waiting for them to open up resorts stays where if you stay onsite in a certain room it comes with 1 guaranteed ride

We were watching videos too. I will tell you, I watched the Tracker video and thought to myself, gosh, it looks so depressing there.
Then we watched Prince Charming Dev's videos and I was trying to find a way to go now! :rotfl:
It's funny watching two different perspectives. Both pointed out good/bad, but the second video - I felt his excitement!

We talked and are actually quite okay with the changes that are in place right now, even the crowd levels. As long as next May there is no huge boom in cases like there is now, no closures of parks, etc. - we are super excited to go! And then the trip after that (2023/4) would probably be back to normal.
I do enjoy Tim Tracker's vlogs. I have noticed he is more excited in the Universal ones then the Disney ones. I enjoy the Universal ones more as I love seeing the Jurassic Park coaster construction. I'm wondering if that's why he is more excited going to Universal. There isn't much construction going on at Disney right now. I know before the shutdown he did lots of videos on the Tron construction.

Videos of ride construction updates are what I like best. I'm not that interested in the ones where they walk around the park. I loved seeing the Tron construction ones Tim did. Any one else like construction updates?

I think that would cut the crowds down a lot at opening. I could see a lot more people selecting that 1 or 4pm slot to close the night out. The only problem is with the ride breaking down so much you pretty much need to get in on that 10am slot to have a real shot.

I just keep waiting for them to open up resorts stays where if you stay onsite in a certain room it comes with 1 guaranteed ride

The thing is that 10, 1, and 4 aren't time slots. They're just arbitrary times in the day that Disney is opening up to assign out more boarding groups.

A person could get a boarding group # at 10:00 but their boarding group might not get called to ride until way later in the day (if at all) if the ride is having operational issues. It's not like FP+ where you have a specific time window to come and ride. It's more like taking a number at the meat counter and wait until you are called.

Does anyone know if you still have 2 hours to get to your boarding group reservation. Ours was originally estimated around noon, but it keeps getting closer and closer to our beaches and cream reservation, so I was just wondering.

Congratulations!!!! Where were you standing? How early did you get to Parking booths to wait for parking lot to open?
I was standing by the exit to rock n roller coaster and used my LTE for Internet... didn’t use park wifi. At one min till 10 I closed the app completely and then opened back up and went to virtual queue link and once it hit 10 I clicked join and added myself and other guest and then got boarding group 11. Very easy. But the ride has been having issues and we still haven’t been called for our boarding group yet. So rode rock n roller three times, toy story mania, MF, did muppets, slinky and alien saucers since 10. Also rock n roller coaster let us ride twice before it was even 10. We got in line to park at 9am and they let us in around 920am. Was scanned into park by 940. But there appears to be many more people in this park vs the other three we’ve been to this week. Seeing 98% mask compliance. But main issue is the social distancing when exiting rides... it’s just a mess. Super hot and wish they had more stands open for food but I understand why they don’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter