Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't stop reading this thread - I appreciate the photos and videos, something of a distraction. As things start opening back up in my state (NC), including the university that I work at, I'll be curious to compare how compliance/enforcement is here on campus vs. places like WDW. Despite the hiccups and some non-compliance we've seen reported about WDW, I would be relatively pleased if we can approach WDW levels. The grocery stores here are a nightmare.

Also, I'm just wishing things improve before my hoped for January trip to WDW.

When you’re putting people’s health and safety at risk with violating rules, that changes the “rules” of the game and whether it’s proper to confront other guests. This is a major factor in why Disney needs to be ultra strict, if they don’t step in guests will absolutely be confronting each other. Sometimes it will be fine, other times it will escalate.

I feel like both things can be true, people should go expecting to be exposed on some level and that others will be breaking rules, but people should also not go if they do not intend on following the rules 100% of the time.
See. Like I said, next evolution of the dreaded m debate...night line last night had a story about people flipping out when mask shamed by others...pretty scary to see how some people flip out when confronted. Would make me think twice. Even if it’s the right thing to do...

Splash, 7 Dwarfs, Big Thunder, Jungle cruise and dumbo all showing up as temporarily closed right now...is that accurate? I wonder why there seem to be so many problems. We are headed there At the end of the month and hoping for better luck with rides being open!

For the record, I'd have no problem confronting another guest in the nicest way possible, however, this really shouldn't be that difficult or put in the hands of other guests. IMO, each bus driver should be taking a quick 15 seconds before the bus pulls away and reminding/ensuring everybody that masks are required. Maybe even hold up a small stuffed Mickey plush with a mask on and ensure everyone is complying before leaving the station. The driver could even stand outside as each guest is entering and give them a gentle reminder. If the guest chooses to disobey during the ride, then unfortunately, it would be up to other guests to say something if need be.

If the guest still chooses to disobey after being reminded several times in several different ways, I think the bus driver should call ahead and have Disney security waiting for the guests once the bus reaches its destination. By constantly reminding guests and having no repercussions in place if guests still don't comply, all Disney is telling guests is they can get away with breaking the rules and they will turn a blind eye. It's been like this for years.

I guess there can be some Disney magic to be found if you're staying at the Contemporary Resort during this time period and mention a minor issue. You can get upgraded to the Presidential Suite! I just watched a video from someone who just had it happened. What an amazing series of rooms and views. Congrads!

As much as I would love to be down there now, I had to unfortunately cancel my trip this September😢 Even if by some small chance Florida gets their act together, I just can't see the numbers dropping enough to lift these travel restrictions. Ended up rescheduling for next February going from Pop to the Gran Destino tower at Coronado springs☺ At least if masks are still a requirement (and I'm sure they will) the cooler weather will be a bit more comfortable.

Not sure why you'd think it'd improve. They weren't able to work on it during the shutdown.

I would think they could have at least done Zoom meetings to address the issues while the park was shut down. But, if they decided not to pay the Imagineers during the shut down, then there is no incentive to troubleshoot. Me? I would have had my engineers/Imagineers working starting on March 16th reviewing the data with a "microscope" to diagnose the issues. Of course, nothing can replicate true runs, but at least give yourself the best shot coming out of the gate.

A car is going to be like an Orlando gateway drug for us.

We love our bubble, but if we wind up renting a car whenever we go back next (we haven’t for almost 20 years) that takes away one of our excuses for not checking out Universal. And not making 3000 Target runs (deprived Canadians will understand).
me whispering in your ear: "do it. do it. do it." 👿

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter