• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
An Epcot observation from today...high temperature tents were very busy and full! Watched certain people get temps taken in three different spots. If one temp is ok, do they just let you through?! They were a lot of people in the tents sitting in front of fans and being given ice water. Would this falsify your temp just enough to be allowed in?!

An Epcot observation from today...high temperature tents were very busy and full! Watched certain people get temps taken in three different spots. If one temp is ok, do they just let you through?! They were a lot of people in the tents sitting in front of fans and being given ice water. Would this falsify your temp just enough to be allowed in?!

If you record high the first time they give you a chance to cool down and try again. I didn’t know it was 3 spots though I thought they gave you 2 tries, and if you didn’t cool down you were turned away.

No one is saying they will prevent any rule from being broken 100% of the time. What they are perfectly capable of is enforcing consequences when those rules are broken. If they can't do that, they need to shut the doors. Just telling people they can't have their pictures when they take their masks off during a ride isn't good enough.
Oh they're perfectly capable, but WILL they remains to be seen. I'm eager to see for myself. I'd be thrilled to see them actually crack down and do some ejecting. People do whatever they want because they CAN and they know it.

Seems like it should be one and done.

Theoretically, yeah it should. It cuts down the percentage of possible misleading results allowing your body to cool down. But in high heat like this, especially if you’re not hydrated, your temperature could rise pretty quickly just walking over from your car. I see why they’d give you a 2nd chance. But a 3rd? Absolutely not.

So FL should have never required them to submit a re-opening plan?
My opinion, no. I think it's crazy to be opening theme parks if it's as bad as they claim it is right now. I don't think much good will come of it. I just don't think they will be able to control that many people in today's world of entitlement. Just my thoughts.

From doing this job at a different workplace off and on since March: no. If you have a fever this isn’t going to do much. If you are overheated then this is exactly what the treatment is. I myself read 99.8 once after sitting in my car for 5 minutes in the sun to finish a phone call before going into the eye doctor. After 30 seconds in the building I was 97.9. If you overheated you come back to normal pretty fast.

I feared when Disney announced that there was no reason to get to rope drop at DS because ROTR would have openings all day. It didn't make sense to me because it seemed like you were still MUCH more likely to get a spot if you were there by 10 than to wait until later in the day and hope there was room. So I watched all of the sources in the parks all day today and it seems exactly what I feared happened? People who waited until 4 were completely shut out?

How is this any better than before? Everyone is still going to line up before the park opens to try to be in by 10 to maximize their chances of getting a spot. It isn't even worth waiting to try to get one of the 1pm spots because those filled up so fast as well.

Hopefully Disney learned a LOT today and changes up their procedures for DS. It doesn't do any good to have the other 3 parks flowing well with good distancing and reasons to come to the park later if DS continues to be like it was today for the first few hours. It seems like the easiest answer is to let anyone with a reservation for the day try to get a boarding group even if they aren't in the park?
It would have been much easier to just do park reservations by time to avoid the mess of rope drop

From doing this job at a different workplace off and on since March: no. If you have a fever this isn’t going to do much. If you are overheated then this is exactly what the treatment is. I myself read 99.8 once after sitting in my car for 5 minutes in the sun to finish a phone call before going into the eye doctor. After 30 seconds in the building I was 97.9. If you overheated you come back to normal pretty fast.

Yup, there are times where I work when I come back from my lunch break at 1pm, and I have a decent walk from the parking lot. And sometimes I rush myself, and my car is blazing hot (even with a sunshade). I have read 102 before. Took 5-10 minutes, sat in the shade, drank some more ice water, then I was 98.

Not a doctor or anything, but I would think if you had a fever, it wouldn't be going down

If someone has an elevated temperature (regardless of the reason) and you get them wet and put them in front of a fan, temp can decrease.

Yup, there are times where I work when I come back from my lunch break at 1pm, and I have a decent walk from the parking lot. And sometimes I rush myself, and my car is blazing hot (even with a sunshade). I have read 102 before. Took 5-10 minutes, sat in the shade, drank some more ice water, then I was 98.

Not a doctor or anything, but I would think if you had a fever, it wouldn't be going down
Untrue. Also fevers may be intermittent so if you give someone time to “cool off” may miss it the next go round.

Do we know how long they give you to "cool down"?
As I posted last week, my body does not react well to the heat in my older age. :) (Lets just say WDW and I celebrate together yearly :) )
I've always been slightly sensitive, but since all of this, knowing I'd need a temp check, I've been checking mine after being out in heat. It does raise my temp above the 100.4 sometimes.
Takes me about 10 minutes to get down below 98.6

If someone has an elevated temperature (regardless of the reason) and you get them wet and put them in front of a fan, temp can decrease.
This happened unintentionally at my last trip to the clinic... I had the ac blasting at me because I was warm, and my temp even after 5 minutes registered at 95 degrees -- the nurse was concerned. 😆

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter