• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter what or who is in that situation it’s inexcusable. Florida is looking really bad right now. Masks MUST be enforced without asking for them to be.

Yeah the snarky response from the lead just gives off the vibe that this lead in particular doesn't take the mask enforcement seriously. Thankfully though it SEEMS like this isn't the norm and most employees are taking it seriously.

Yeah, it's super important right now that the narrative on social media be closer to what Demmings is saying instead of what Carlye is saying. It's a tough situation for Disney to be in, but everyone is waching right now to see how they are handling it.

This is why I’m glad people like Carlye are there. Hearing from people who have a vested interest in everything being absolutely fine that things are great is not entirely helpful.

I also feel as someone who is “anxious“ about this, she is watching for things others may not be or just don’t care about. She is getting so much crap all over the place from both sides, people who think she shouldn’t have gone for safety reasons and people who think she shouldn’t have gone because she’s negative/scared, but again I’m glad she did.

Is your friend's name Sven/Finn/Flynn? 😜

All kidding aside, I'm sure they have a plan for closing if the local government requires their closing. But, all this plexiglass, procedures, sanitizing, mask-requirements, distancing markers, etc., assumes that every single guest has COVID and all of this is to keep Disney open. I won't say it cannot happen. Disney will close again if it thinks that's what they need to do. But, it's a very different Disney now that when they closed in March.

I think the rumor is off. More likely is Disney does what other parks are doing - cutting back hours to single shift needs and closing certain days of the week (for them, it wouldn't even need to be a full closure, but a "park per day" on the weekdays)...Hershey has cut back hours to 11am-7pm, to enable only a single shift per day need (probably due to lowered crowds). I could see Disney cutting an hour or two off every park to get down to that single shift need if tourists don't (or can't) pick up...

You don’t know they weren’t up until that moment. Who’s to say what Carlye saw is what that lead saw? She should not be spoken to in that manner no matter who she is, but it’s made worse because her words are more powerful than someone like me or you

Yeah, it's super important right now that the narrative on social media be closer to what Demmings is saying instead of what Carlye is saying. It's a tough situation for Disney to be in, but everyone is waching right now to see how they are handling it.

And along those lines, I would hope people posting on social media are being honest and not embellishing anything for the purpose of gaining views or getting followers.

Social Media can be a fantastic source of information. But I dislike that we now seem to use social media as a valid news source without any kind of fact checking first. Reason being once misinformation gets out there, its very hard to take back.

And before anyone freaks out I'm not accusing any vloggers in particular of doing this. Just something I've felt for a while.

Back to Disney speak!

Can somebody please start to a go fund me to get Carlye a hazmat suit?
I sympathize honestly. I think it’s probably not as bad as it seems to her, but she’s uncomfortable and trying to do her job. It’s all about personal comfort levels at this point. I personally would feel very comfortable going to EPCOT right now and spending time outside. That said, in about a month, I’m expected to stand in front of a (hopefully smaller, socially distanced, and mask-wearing) classroom of 20-somethings and teach for more than an hour at a time. I’m terrified. Of course, I probably won’t freak out on twitter after each class. 🙄

This is why I’m glad people like Carlye are there. Hearing from people who have a vested interest in everything being absolutely fine that things are great is not entirely helpful.

I also feel as someone who is “anxious“ about this, she is watching for things others may not be or just don’t care about. She is getting so much crap all over the place from both sides, people who think she shouldn’t have gone for safety reasons and people who think she shouldn’t have gone because she’s negative/scared, but again I’m glad she did.
:worship:

It’s been mentioned a couple times today about indoor dining and Disney springs. Our experience was that the Disney owned restaurants did an excellent job of social distancing the tables. Ragland road which is not Disney owned left a lot to be desired when we were there and @andyman8 reported a similar situation at the boathouse. They did a great job at d-lux burger, but it was not crowded when we were there in the afternoon, but they had it well organized. Unfortunately Disney probably can’t micromanage how the other tenants of DS run their businesses, which is why if you have concerns about crowds I’d stay away from DS, especially in the evening. I wouldn’t hesitate to eat at the resort restaurants or in the park.

Again we were told CMs would be empowered to enforce the mandate. Wonder if they’re already burned out from saying it 100x a day.

Didn’t we hear at some point that taking your mask off for a quick picture was allowed? Not saying I agree with that but swear it was somewhat confirmed.

But today they came out saying that if you don’t have one on in your ride photo they won’t release the photo to you. So which is it?

We were at MK all day and did not have this experience. People were actually following the mask rule rather well. We were shocked.
We just left MK after being back for the last three hours this evening. I, too, did not see any of this. We hung around in the hub and on Main Street until 7:30 and stopped for several Photo Pass photos. Everyone we saw was distancing and wearing masks.

My brother and I went on Tower of Terror 26 times in one day 4 or 5 years ago. I’m thinking that record might be broken
I once went on Buzz 9 times in a row. Only stopped due to hand cramps 🤣 I plan to break that record this trip. GALACTIC HERO FOREVERRRRR
:rotfl2: Someone studied and worked their way up to become an Imagineer, to end up mounting plexiglass on a car booster seat!
Honestly, that is pretty genius though! However, I would have loved to be in the meeting to watch people's faces when that idea got thrown out. "okay guys hear me out... what if....." :rotfl2:
Is your friend's name Sven/Finn/Flynn? 😜

All kidding aside, I'm sure they have a plan for closing if the local government requires their closing. But, all this plexiglass, procedures, sanitizing, mask-requirements, distancing markers, etc., assumes that every single guest has COVID and all of this is to keep Disney open. I won't say it cannot happen. Disney will close again if it thinks that's what they need to do. But, it's a very different Disney now that when they closed in March.
I agree that Disney has a plan. It would be silly and irresponsible for Disney to not have a plan in the event that the parks are required to close. It is IMO unlikely, but not out of the realm of possibility. I'm sure there is a detailed plan for this case (probably with a really cool codename) that hopefully, we will never get to see.
Yeah the snarky response from the lead just gives off the vibe that this lead in particular doesn't take the mask enforcement seriously. Thankfully though it SEEMS like this isn't the norm and most employees are taking it seriously.
Sounds like a cranky, hot, overtired CM caught at a bad moment. Also, who is to say the CM even saw what Carlye saw, or what it looked like from her angle. The amount of power some of these vlogger people have taken on does not sit well with me, but I'm probably in the minority on that. I appreciate the information greatly, but it almost seems power trippy to me at times now. Just look at what resulted from Carlye's picture/video from the guest relations debacle the other day, the interiors of MK were nothing like what was posted but a dozen+ websites picked it up and suddenly she was on CNN? I'm looking forward to when the parks being open is older news to the media and people can just go enjoy themselves without appearing on 832 livestreams and coming home to nightly news reports.

That said, it was definitely an inappropriate response from the CM, but we never get to hear from the CM side of things in these cases, only the vloggers... which isn't entirely fair :duck:

Again we were told CMs would be empowered to enforce the mandate. Wonder if they’re already burned out from saying it 100x a day.

Didn’t we hear at some point that taking your mask off for a quick picture was allowed? Not saying I agree with that but swear it was somewhat confirmed.

I never saw it said about here. I did see/hear it was officially allowed on opening day for Shanghai and assumed it would be the case here. No idea if that rule was kept by Shanghai though.

I understood it to be you taking off your mask for a quick selfie or someone in your party to snap a photo of you is fine, but Disney themselves wouldn’t take photos of you without masks, nor will they use your phone to take a photo of you. I may have misunderstood it, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter