Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think that makes my decision to use the stadium clear crossbody a lot easier. I would rather they could just look through the bag from the outside than have to touch what’s inside if they run out of bags.
yes with the clear bagpacks you just put them in the large bucket for them to look at

Carlye and one other person (but I forget where...it is all running together) reported they weren’t using the bags this morning and back to going through bags by hand. Maybe it was small hiccup at some point this morning? Very glad it was (new) business as usual for you! That’s a good sign.
I was the first car to park, so I didn't see any issues. But I did see people placing their metal objects straight in the buvket

I think the fact that they released an AP discount is pretty telling about how many guests they expect. Based on how they were seemingly desperate to get people to cancel, it's rather shocking to me, but I guess they did too good of a job discouraging people and it's affecting that "break even" number I think they were aiming for. I'm very curious to see how things pan out in the next couple of weeks.
I think they had a good idea of the number of cancelations that they were going to end up with. I think the goal was to weed out as many people as they could that would be problems in the park and to convince those that would have a negative experience because of the changes to not come at this time. I want to make clear those are two different groups of people and Disney wanted to weed them out for different reasons. The problem creators reason is obvious. The negative experience group is part of the regular returning fan base that Disney doesn't want the changes to discourage them from taking trips a year or two from now. They want to keep those returning customers as returning customers and fear a trip not up to the level that group would expect would jeopardize future bookings and start to create a negative buzz about the park experience.

Last edited:
Ahh, thank you!! I legitimately couldn't remember, so I appreciate this info!

Welcome! I spent 2yrs as a QS filler (the person that loads the trays), so definitely remember the details.
the CM told me that they all got notification YESTERDAY that gaiters weren't allowed because of this new internal study they did

They were told on Tuesday because it was spreading around MK security check on tuesday, we must have been inside already when that happened but my co-worker was there when it occurred. But we've been instructing guests for more than a week.

I got to security this morning about 830am.. What they had me do was put everything metal in a bucket (like traditional TSA bucket), and just walk through metal dector. I just was told to walk through with my bag. They didn't look at nor did it go through any scanner outside of the traditional metal dector

Ok my quick review of today'
Again parking toll booth did not open until 8am, people were circling, I saw a green light with a yellow cone in front so was the first in that lane and didn't have to circle since the cone was there blocking.
They then let us in to another waiting point by the old speedway, then they let us in to another waiting point. At this part a mom like 10 cars back got out of her car, the CM yelling at her to get back in her car, the mom yelling :I have a bathroom emergency" I felt bad. Seriously if you don't need to be there first just wait until 8am to arrive and make sure everyone potties before :D
temp check, security was fine. Monorail looked like a longish line so I went to the ferry. They had all 3 ferries, the monorail and buses from TTC to MK. Buses usually is the fastest way if it's an option
As I got out of the ferry I saw a CM stopping a guy because he was wearing a gaiter, he pulled it down to show he had a mask underneath and was let through
Another family, was stopped for gaiter wearing, they dug in their backpacks where they had their masks
Entrance was fine, no fingerprint and no need for AP registration email
Inside it was pretty much just like CM preview aside for no photopass photographers on Main Street
Disney is giving us all the tools necessary to be safe, seriously, didn't encounter an empty sanitizer station, saw them close the Carpets for 10 min to clean, they sprayed everything, the vehicles, the railings
Went on Splash, they loaded front and last row, on carpets, tea cups, buzz and Dumbo
Mobile Order is really efficient, the CM only touches the tray as he pushes it towards you, the CM clean your used table as you get up
Baby Care and First Aid are open they switched the rocking chairs at baby care for wooden ones so they are easily cleaned and took away they couches
If you have any questions lmk

Will SOTMK still be available at MK? My daughter is wondering if she should pack her card binder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter