Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops one last point to clarify...quote about respectful debate being lost was not directed at anyone poster in particular...just a general statement...

I just hope they get the stuff fixed. ResortTV1 went through Small World yesterday and it looks like there are things broken down in there as well, the Don Quixote figure wasn't working right and one of the eye light bulbs in the hippo was burned out. This was in addition to the John animatronic breaking down in CoP. I'm surprised they didn't check everything before they opened to make sure everything was running correctly. They had weeks to get it all in order.
many of the IASW figures were not working before the closure, also rumors that Peoplemover won't open because of technical difficulties

I actually agree with you. Not looking forward to that.

So much ugliness right now, so much stuff going in in real life, not just Covid, that I find reading about people having fun going to Disney, trying to look forward to our upcoming vacation is what sometimes helps a dark day get better...I may just have to turn off my Facebook groups for a while (literally only on Facebook for Disney trips and cat pics, I barely friend anyone! Love Instagram though) and put to use the ignore feature here. :D
Lol...I turned off FB forever a looooong time ago...

many of the IASW figures were not working before the closure, also rumors that Peoplemover won't open because of technical difficulties

Wow, that would be a shame! They were running it yesterday and it seemed to be working fine, they just weren't letting people on it.

It surprises me that they didn't fix the Small World figures during the shutdown. I also noticed that the circular platform of girl dolls behind the hippo wasn't moving, the one under the big yellow flower.

Let’s see if I can explain my thought. 😂 social distancing is not a continuum. You can’t decide that in September it is 6 feet but in October 4 feet is good enough. And certainly you cannot gradually increase crowds on Main Street and in stores where a certain number of people per 100 square feet is ok in September but more is ok in October. Social distance is binary. Either you do it or you don’t. Does that make sense?
Social distancing per WHO, and practiced in China: One meter (~39 inches. In Germany: 1.5 meters (~5 feet). In many other countries: 2 meters (~6.5 feet).

In other words, like much else related to C19, what look like hard and fast rules are actually judgments, and subject to change.

Do we know yet Disney’s official stance on wearing masks on water rides?

Everyone I saw yesterday was wearing masks on Splash and Kali.

I just hope they get the stuff fixed. ResortTV1 went through Small World yesterday and it looks like there are things broken down in there as well, the Don Quixote figure wasn't working right and one of the eye light bulbs in the hippo was burned out. This was in addition to the John animatronic breaking down in CoP. I'm surprised they didn't check everything before they opened to make sure everything was running correctly. They had weeks to get it all in order.

I think maintenance spent their time in the last couple of weeks putting up plexiglass and tape markings. No time to fix ride elements I guess. It takes maintenance a long time to add all of those elements.

Wow, that would be a shame! They were running it yesterday and it seemed to be working fine, they just weren't letting people on it.

It surprises me that they didn't fix the Small World figures during the shutdown. I also noticed that the circular platform of girl dolls behind the hippo wasn't moving, the one under the big yellow flower.

Remember how optimistic people were they’d fix the yeti while shut down? 😂 Oh man how times change. Now we’re just like, oh yeah that’s just what John does in this scene, it was a dance move in that decade right? We’re just happy the parks are open!

I NEVER said experts said "you should travel to Florida". I said we have listened to them about the virus and have decided it's ok for us to travel. I also said others have made the opposite conclusion and that was their right. Stop trying to make me into a villain because I feel safe enough to travel. I'm sorry you don't feel safe enough but that doesn't make me wrong because I have weighed my family's personal risks and have come to the opposite conclusion.

Shannon (assuming from your ID), I hope you and your family have a safe and fun trip. I think for many who have decided to not go, it's not just about us not feeling safe (though that's part of it), but what we may bring back to our communities. The spread in many of our communities has been spiked by a relatively small number of people starting the spread, often after travel. I applaud those who are traveling and will (can) isolate themselves or get tested before rejoining their community. If we were all being hygienic, safe, and taking such respectful measures, we would all be able to get back to "normal" sooner.

I don't think anyone is malicious or a villain, I just wanted to explain that, for many, it's not just an "I feel safe for my family" or "I don't feel safe for my family".

But the construction and fixer crews weren’t working during the shut down. Complaining about a few animatronics on small world? Seriously? When was the last time all the figures were working correctly on that ride? 1971?

So from reading the comments it looks like they got told at AK today to change their gaitor out for a traditional mask.
Good move on Disney’s part. Too easy for those masks to slip compared to regular masks and those chiffon masks that everyone on here has been talking about, while they look comfy, seem almost see through and will provide no protections.

Gotta say it, my AP preview is tomorrow at Magic Kingdom and I'm SO EXCITED! 🤩 It's been over a year since we last went to MK as we only got to go to Animal Kingdom and Epcot in February this year before the parks shut down. I've been to Magic Kingdom dozens of times, but my husband is your token laid back Californian and this will be only his 2nd visit to Magic Kingdom, but I can tell he's excited too. He rushed out the door this morning to try to get as much work done today as he can so we can all go tomorrow, or maybe he just doesn't want to be stuck at home with the 2 year old twins while my 3 year old and me go have fun all day🤣 Either way, we have 3 toddlers so I won't be able to stream it but I will definitely get plenty of pictures to share!

Good move on Disney’s part. Too easy for those masks to slip compared to regular masks and those chiffon masks that everyone on here has been talking about, while they look comfy, seem almost see through and will provide no protections.
There were some rumblings yesterday on people being told to do the same at MK. The official rule is supposed to be earloops, but it appears that for right now it depends on who enforces this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter