Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was posted in a FB group - we knew most of this already but I thought the bit about some of the queues having partitions was especially interesting. I’m curious to see which queues and how that looks!

View attachment 505175

I'm glad people can't walk and eat, but hopefully they won't require us to sit to get a sip of water! Uni wasn't, though I think they are a bit too lax- two or three people would be sharing the same drink and all would have their mask down, sometimes close to others. I made sure to never have my gaiter down if I was anywhere near someone else and put it up the second I re-capped my water. That is going to be one hot walk to the TTC! A tram is a heck of a lot less risky than a bus or monorail. Require masks and seat every other row, I don't see what the issue is.

With no disrespect to the Incredi-team (which I could only hope to qualify for through smiling only through my eyes!!), CMs from every line of business are saying they're being told Security will come down forcefully on those not complying with coverings guidelines. Though I'm personally still trying to reconcile this with launching F&W, I really hope this is true!!

ETA - also CMs from all four parks say the backgound music tracks that they're all used to include a spiel for thanking everyone for visiting, thanking everyone for wearing masks properly, thanking everyone for washing their hands often, and thanking them for maintaining distance... every few minutes... like less than 10 minutes between announcements... everwhere.

Less than ten minutes seems excessive. And it'll really ruin the immersion in BSO and to a lesser degree, Pandora.

I just wanna make sure I am thinking correctly.

We have a split stay that starts Sept 2nd. Now, normally, we could book for the entire length of stay. But, I am guessing it will only let us book for the first resort of our split stay? Does this sound right?

yes, that is correct.

Today I mentally concluded that my trip is happening (unless, of course, Disney determines otherwise). :) I booked a number of resort reservations many months ago waiting to see what happened with my DD’s camps (but I was 95% sure it’d be a 7/3 trip). I never would’ve predicted I’d be waiting to see if parks would even be open or contemplating how I’d feel about the risks for such a trip. What started out as a relatively inexpensive trip with an AP discounted room, one last hurrah on my AP, and $89 RT airfare has turned into $350 airfare, a not-as-great Sun and Fun discount, adding a night at a DS hotel since I can’t add a 7/10 night to my Disney resort stay. This also means no ME on 7/10, so add in Uber or car service to the hotel and Uber to Disney. Plus, I’m sitting on a 10 day UT PH ticket that will now be used as a 8-day base ticket for my DD. BUT, I am SO EXCITED and at peace with my decision. I’m temporarily letting go of all the bad feelings I’ve been holding onto about Disney the Company as of late (the worst communication I’ve encountered with any company ever). It’s a laid-back, no expectations trip with my 13yo DD who is my favorite WDW companion. We just want to “be” at our favorite place. (Not entirely true—I want to ride my beloved Splash one more time in its current state.) We know we’re solely responsible for our own safety, but I feel good about the safety measures being taken by Disney and Delta. I WFH FT so, fortunately, do not have the concern about returning to an office after the trip. I know this is a long post, but I had to share after the crazy amount of time I’ve spent following this thread. Too, I’m thankful to all of you who’ve shared so much information on here.:lovestruc

I'm glad people can't walk and eat, but hopefully they won't require us to sit to get a sip of water! Uni wasn't, though I think they are a bit too lax- two or three people would be sharing the same drink and all would have their mask down, sometimes close to others. I made sure to never have my gaiter down if I was anywhere near someone else and put it up the second I re-capped my water. That is going to be one hot walk to the TTC! A tram is a heck of a lot less risky than a bus or monorail. Require masks and seat every other row, I don't see what the issue is.

Less than ten minutes seems excessive. And it'll really ruin the immersion in BSO and to a lesser degree, Pandora.

With reduced capacity, TTC parking shouldn’t be very full. I can’t imagine it would be worth it to operate the trams if the lot isn’t very full. Makes more sense to deploy those CMs elsewhere that they’re needed.

Unfortunately they know that people need constant reminders about the rules and procedures. There will be lots of things that affect theming and immersion due to covid. It’s just the way it is for now.

I like how I'm checking into Riviera on Saturday and ordered Magic Bands weeks ago and it's been stuck on "order being fulfilled. Will be shipped to your house" for the entire time. What are the chances I actually get these MBs before Saturday? lol

0.00000% Disney can't even handle their phone ques at the moment. I have a family friend who has the same thing just sits in order being filled status for months now. They called too and in the end were told to visit the front desk for them on arrival.

5/28 is such a stupid cutoff date...
Agreed I 100% think anyone with a reservation on a given date should have first shot at getting it back, but I’m confused why my May 17-23 (Or anyone else outside the window for that matter) reservations are less valid than a May 28—June 21 reservation.

With reduced capacity, TTC parking shouldn’t be very full. I can’t imagine it would be worth it to operate the trams if the lot isn’t very full. Makes more sense to deploy those CMs elsewhere that they’re needed.

Unfortunately they know that people need constant reminders about the rules and procedures. There will be lots of things that affect theming and immersion due to covid. It’s just the way it is for now.
Hopefully there’s no preferred parking then because even walking from the first Simba spaces is the worrrrrrst

If 5/28 is the day they wiped everything that would be why they picked it, no? They’re differentiating between ones they cancelled ahead of time and ones that just didn’t happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter