• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I recognize I could have gotten inaccurate information, but she didn't just tell it to me, she said she processed the cancellation for me..

Sorry I might have missed it, so you got an amount? I know a lot of people have been told everything from we’ll contact you with the refund amount, to we don’t know yet. Did they tell you if we’re entitled to the bonus month by way of refund if we flat out cancel?

The problem with this is, how do you know that the people leaving the park aren't coming back?

Maybe they are going to a hotel for an ADR. Maybe they are taking an afternoon break. Maybe they are heading to their car for a change of clothes.

For those that want to park hop to parks with available capacity, I think it would be as simple aS setting up a magic band station at park exits for those that want to hop. Once they use the magic band to exit, you would be allowed to make a park reservation at another park with available capacity but you would not be allowed re-entry into the original park.

For those that want to park hop to parks with available capacity, I think it would be as simple aS setting up a magic band station at park exits for those that want to hop. Once they use the magic band to exit, you would be allowed to make a park reservation at another park with available capacity but you would not be allowed re-entry into the original park.

Are we thinking that if you have a park pass for a park on a given day you can come and go from that park as many times as you want, at least you could visit a waterpark or something or maybe visit one of the restaurants at Disney Springs for a late lunch before returning later on.

Are we thinking that if you have a park pass for a park on a given day you can come and go from that park as many times as you want, at least you could visit a waterpark or something or maybe visit one of the restaurants at Disney Springs for a late lunch before returning later on.
Yes, you can leave and go back later to your original park reservation.

I imagine that might be something they are considering as a way to reintroduce park hopping down the line. I think for the time being, and especially before they have a sense of how things will change under the park reservation regime, they are probably trying to make things as streamlined and easy as they can. Give them time to gather data as to how people are actually spending time at the parks (i.e. how long they stay, whether they leave and come back, etc.) and also to see how their efforts to protect guests and CMs against COVID are working (and, just as importantly, how the US and Florida are handling COVID) before they start implementing things like that.

That’s not really what I’m suggesting. While there is limited capacity, I would suggest that if you want to hop, you would have to exit your original park using your magic band and then make a reservation at another park with availability. Once you do so, you would no longer be able to renter the original park.

I don’t see this as a long term solution but as long as they are operating with reduced park hours it would be a reasonably alternative to provide an option for park hopping that wouldn’t seem to require much new technology on their end.

Reactions: TJA

This is a new option different than the one months ago. She said I had three options:

1. The AP gets extended the length of the closure plus one month (I think, I may have misunderstood that part);
2. The AP expires it's normal time but then I get a pro-rated refund for the closure period (this was the option announced months ago); or
3. I cancel the AP entirely, and get some kind of even greater pro-rated refund for the amount of time i had left on the AP.

I chose option 3. Option 3 appears to be new this week.

OK...just got off the phone regarding AP disposition and options.

No selection is necessary at this time as a statement/e-mail will be sent in early July with the details. The phone CM said there was a 4th option, but it was a little confusing if this 1 month bonus was if I didn't select the partial refund option. There was no calculation on how much money would be refunded in either the partial or full scenario at this time. So...we're back to a holding pattern.

That CM video caught me off guard emotionally. And it shows that they’re not dragging their feet back to work. They want to be there, risk and all. If you’re going down when they reopen on July 11th, and beyond, treat them like family. Wear your damn mask. Over your mouth AND nose.

Disney uses virtual scanners to not only count guests exiting the park but even for guests exiting individual attractions, merchandise locations, QS restaurants, etc... While they've started to use MBs more, you'll still see these scanners/counters hidden in various exits. My personal favorites are the scanners hidden in the crates as you exit JC in MK.
This got me thinking... it doesn’t matter either way but curious... will they still be able to track all this without MBs?

That’s not really what I’m suggesting. While there is limited capacity, I would suggest that if you want to hop, you would have to exit your original park using your magic band and then make a reservation at another park with availability. Once you do so, you would no longer be able to renter the original park.

I don’t see this as a long term solution but as long as they are operating with reduced park hours it would be a reasonably alternative to provide an option for park hopping that wouldn’t seem to require much new technology on their end.

The problem is...let's say there is a capacity of 10,000. They let in 10,000 people. 5 people leave to go back to their hotel, and they let 5 more people in....then when the original 5 people come back, they won't be able to get in the park.

Now...I think there is a way to do it the way you say. And I think they will figure it out. There's usually not going to be exactly 10,000 (or whatever the max number is) in the park at any one time. Those numbers will fluctuate. So, I do think there is a way to make it work. And for every 5 people that leave a park and intend to come back, there are probably 5 who leave and don't come back. So, I think it would work out.

I just think that right now, like others have said, coming up with a system to monitor hopping capability is probably on the backburner for now.

The problem is...let's say there is a capacity of 10,000. They let in 10,000 people. 5 people leave to go back to their hotel, and they let 5 more people in....then when the original 5 people come back, they won't be able to get in the park.

Now...I think there is a way to do it the way you say. And I think they will figure it out. There's usually not going to be exactly 10,000 (or whatever the max number is) in the park at any one time. Those numbers will fluctuate. So, I do think there is a way to make it work. And for every 5 people that leave a park and intend to come back, there are probably 5 who leave and don't come back. So, I think it would work out.

I just think that right now, like others have said, coming up with a system to monitor hopping capability is probably on the backburner for now.

And they could allow a cushion - like if a park can hold 10k and is currently at 9k, maybe they let people "hop" but only up to, say, 9.5k

But I think (as you and others have said) they will monitor it and watch patterns and if there is a way to do it they will enable it ... Too much $ in them to let people hop over to Epcot for wine and food if that park is only like half full

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter