• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but I said everything, not DHS.

Only only concern was the 11th. But as for the other days, the calendar shows availability but nothing when you actually try to go and book them. I keep clicking and eventually days pop up, but even in August I am finding it difficult. MK for the 11th keeps popping up for me, but when I go to the final step where I select the time, it is gone.

I never did see availability for the 11th or 12th. Strange.

I got through chat on the app last night and asked if I could find out where we would be staying if Sports won't be open - the chat told me to call I replied with Thanks but I haven't been able to get through and the response was you're welcome let us know if you have any questions. May the force be with you. Isn't that the truth? Although more and more we are leaning to not going these days
Wanted to update - I did get thru on the phone and asked and was told your resort will be closed so you will be cancelled or you can figure something out I questioned why I never received any emails on all of this when I’ve read people with October trips have and he just said they probably didn’t get to my name yet.
Poor cm sounded exhausted and I didn’t get anywhere or any answers

Want to point out a weird issue I had this morning in case it helps some of you:
After making 2 reservations, I went to make my third. For 7/18 the availability calendar showed full availability for AP and EPCOT, but on my laptop it would not show a reservation time to select on the next screen. I tried several times but it keeps saying no reservation times available. I tried the mobile version of the site via my phone next and had no issues making the reservation.

I tried. Have two resort reservations booked but won’t allow any of those 3 day AP reservations. Maybe IT screwed up again? Just a hunch.
I booked the 16th. showed up in my plans but when i go to cancel I get Olaf. tried to check reservation details on one of my other passes and got Olaf also so who knows. User error, don't know

Want to point out a weird issue I had this morning in case it helps some of you:
After making 2 reservations, I went to make my third. For 7/18 the availability calendar showed full availability for AP and EPCOT, but on my laptop it would not show a reservation time to select on the next screen. I tried several times but it keeps saying no reservation times available. I tried the mobile version of the site via my phone next and had no issues making the reservation.

You got it just before there was no availability.

Currently all parks are gone for AP on July 18

Why is the availability different for resort guests and AP now that it is open to both? Shouldn't they both be pulling from the same pool?

Did they quit updating the resort guest button and now the AP one is live?

Why is the availability different for resort guests and AP now that it is open to both? Shouldn't they both be pulling from the same pool?

Did they quit updating the resort guest button and now the AP one is live?

As someone who is completely willing to book a new resort stay in order to gain access on the 11th, it's maddening to see that availability stay up alllll week for them, and to never have a chance at getting it today, even at 6:30 before it was supposed to open up.

I read that if you have park reservations based on a resort reservation, you cannot also have the 3 days of AP reservations. It is one or the other.
Yup.

This hits the local DVC members who are also AP members like myself the hardest.

Us DVC members have to book out 11 or 7 months in advance we have no choice because things book up so fast. But, we also like to do day trips here and there. So now cant do both.

I hope Disney changes this down the road. Maybe they want to see how filled they get first.

Wow. That AP availability is going fast.

I'm surprised Disney bothered with separate "buckets". When the system opened to over a year of guests at once I definitely thought it was just going to be a total free for all as far as availability went the whole week.

I'm still unable to get park reservations to cover my total booked onsite reservations as an APH. I was able to book each day of my August trip (14 days), and then I have a September trip that is 2 nights at a DS Official hotel. I can only book one day of park reservations for that stay for a total of 15 days. I get a message at that point that we have exceeded our days. There is a phone number provided that you can call if you think it's a mistake, but It's not bothering me enough to sit on hold, so I'll wait it out for now.

I think there have always been crappy restrictions for APHs and fastpasses, so these new restrictions don't surprise me at all. When the weather is nice, we typically have onsite stays booked within 60 days of each other and have been prevented from making fastpasses for the next trip on the calendar often. I have a hunch they're utilizing a lot of the same technology as the fastpass system, so they need to get their crackerjack IT team to make alterations that create a much more APH friendly system. It's one thing to be blocked from fastpasses, it's quite another to restrict park entry altogether.

My AP expires on 8/24, 3 days after the last day of my August trip. I plan on visiting for this trip and then making a decision about whether to get the partial refund. I'm hoping that they do something to court my business between now and then because the extra 30 days offered thus far isn't gonna cut it.

So I was chatting with IT yesterday. She noticed that I have 17 days held (I have 2 trips in 2020). She told me we’re supposed to be limited to 14 like with FastPasses and not to be surprised if a few of my days fall off.

Wow. That AP availability is going fast.

I'm surprised Disney bothered with separate "buckets". When the system opened to over a year of guests at once I definitely thought it was just going to be a total free for all as far as availability went the whole week.
Is it just me or do you think it’s possible that Disney made the resort guest pool larger then it needed to be and the AP pool smaller then it could be so they could get more people to spend $$$ to stay on property? Now I know a lot of those spots will fill up for guest park reservations once they open up more resorts but it makes one wonder 🤔

As feared, the system did make me cancel days reserved during my on-site stay in October in order to book any days. I held 1 day for his actual birthday for now and it let me book 2 more for July/August. Not pleased but at least we got a head's up last night so I could prepare myself.

On the upside, the system was flawless this morning - no loading screen or anything!

Also, did we ever get confirmation from Disney if these are a rolling 3 days OR is it like FP where you have to use all 3 people you can book again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter