Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone slightly worried about capacity. Without Disney releasing exact numbers, it could be anything at this point. I think we are all assuming it will be at a certain level but...it could be 40,000 for MK for all we know.

I know that MK has a higher capacity than the other parks, but the fact that NO days have sold out definitely worries me.

Yes, it's absolutely possible that, like we all thought, demand is waaaaay waaaaaay down. But it may also be possible that capacity will be higher than we were expecting.

You should assume demand is way down. While only a hand full of countries are formally blocked by the US government, international travel is essentially dead right now. So all those summer tour groups won’t be there. Plenty of people have canceled because of the restrictions.

If I had to guess AK and DHS are around 9-10k. Magic Kingdom is probably double that.

Did you try modifying the resort? The change button for tickets just refreshed for me, but the change button for resort worked. After picking the resort and room type (I chose both the same as I already had), it let me pick the number of days for my ticket. I was able to add a day at that point.

From what I have read here and on other threads, this only works if the tickets are part of a package.
May I ask if your package is a recovery package? My change button just refreshes the page but I have a recovery offer so perhaps I cannot make changes online.

Is anyone slightly worried about capacity. Without Disney releasing exact numbers, it could be anything at this point. I think we are all assuming it will be at a certain level but...it could be 40,000 for MK for all we know.

I know that MK has a higher capacity than the other parks, but the fact that NO days have sold out definitely worries me.

Yes, it's absolutely possible that, like we all thought, demand is waaaaay waaaaaay down. But it may also be possible that capacity will be higher than we were expecting.
I doubt it in the beginning esp with the dlr delay & rising numbers in FL.

I just confirmed with a chat CM that indeed, if you have a resort stay and planned on giving Disney thousands of dollars you will be punished and unable to book park days until after your resort stay. So if you are booked in December with an AP you are SOL on visiting Disney this year until December.

I'm calling right now and cancelling all my resort stays. Absolutely insane.
That MIGHT be a little more acceptable if they weren’t starting the clock on APs in July.

Sorry, what is the rumor exactly?

And do we expect reservations to open at 7am EST again?
APs cannot have both an on-site stay booked for park reservations and the three day allotment booked at the same time. One or the other. If you have a resort stay with park days booked you cannot book any more days until your stay is over.

If park reservations are low enough, AP holders can probably book their rolling three night allotment and then at a few weeks ahead of time book their full stay.

APs cannot have both an on-site stay booked for park reservations and the three day allotment booked at the same time. One or the other. If you have a resort stay with park days booked you cannot book any more days until your stay is over.

That's just ridiculous. Though due to the demand at the moment, I would just cancel my resort stay park reservations and wait until closer to make them while I visit with the 3 bookings in the mean time.

That's just ridiculous. Though due to the demand at the moment, I would just cancel my resort stay park reservations and wait until closer to make them while I visit with the 3 bookings in the mean time.
Are there even any perks left for staying onsite? No EMH, no fast passes. Why even pay Disney to stay there? They must want to close all their resorts. I really just don't get it.

If park reservations are low enough, AP holders can probably book their rolling three night allotment and then at a few weeks ahead of time book their full stay.
THere are a LOT of APs. We don't know what capacities are, but we do know that reopening week is full in some parks already and the system just opened 4 days ago.

FWIW I DID call GS to ask them what the rule actually is, and the CM on the phone seemed to have also had an AP because he said "us" when referring to AP benefits. He seemed a little surprised at my question of whether it was 3 day visits OR resort visits, and put me on hold to go check but noted that it "shouldn't" be one OR the other. I was hold for 10 minutes and then got disconnected. He did take my phone number at the beginning of the call because I mentioned I have poor reception in my house but he did not call back. Tomorrow will tell us, but we still don't know the opening window and I'm SURE Disney has not said an opening window on purpose lol

Honestly- after the beginning rush I think park reservations will be fairly decent to come by. Sure sometimes you’ll get stuck with EP, but generally I think folks will be able to get what they want a couple weeks out.

Yes I tried that as soon as I saw your first post about it. It shows No Availability for all resorts. It also won’t let me switch from the Sun and Fun offer to Rack Rate because I even considered doing that if it would let me add a day or two. Oh well, you got lucky!!

I’m sorry, that’s crummy. I bet it was a loophole that let me do it. They probably realized it and fixed it.

May I ask if your package is a recovery package? My change button just refreshes the page but I have a recovery offer so perhaps I cannot make changes online.

No, mine is not.

Are there even any perks left for staying onsite? No EMH, no fast passes. Why even pay Disney to stay there? They must want to close all their resorts. I really just don't get it.

The biggest perk to me was always the bubble. Even with the FP window and EMH, I always felt it made more sense to stay offsite if money is a concern in the slightest. Yet the only times I’ve ever done that are on solo trips, because the bubble is just that important to me. It’s a different type of vacation. So I think it makes sense for Disney to up the price while capacity is low and maximize those profits.

I am still in denial that this is how Disney is treating their loyal APs. As an out of state AP holder and a family of 4, our APs were no small financial investment. They may have extended my AP for the number of days they were closed but they have eliminated park hopping and are restricting my access to the parks. I realize they cannot allow a free for all with APs reserving park days but not allowing at least the 3 days in addition to a resort stay isn't fair either.
Me too. This is awful. Disney called me today and basically said, sorry. No real solutions. I live 990 miles away and have no idea what to do. Cancel and refund or hold and risk. It's not what I bargained for when I dropped $2400 for two annual passes with NO blackout dates. Everything is a blackout date now.

FP booking didn’t even exist as a perk until 6-7 years ago. EMH was around longer, but a lot of people would have told you it hasn’t been a perk for years (save for those glorious EEMH months) if asked a few months ago. A major selling point has always been the bubble, like a PP said. And it’s hard to quantify a feeling. Location advantage too, especially for resorts conveniently located to 1-2 parks. Also to a lesser degree, transportation is a big perk to some. Included airport transport too. And there’s the theme park parking, but that’s basically negated by the resort parking charge. There’s the littler perks too like package delivery, those kinds of things. I think bubble and location will always draw a reasonable amount of people in though, whether the other perks come or go.

Now the AP thing is just silliness and I *hope* it just wasn’t well thought out and they’ll tweak it, or reservations are easy enough to get that APs don’t need to hold their resort stay days way in advance, and the resort stay just allows them to exceed 3 when they do want to book.

Me too. This is awful. Disney called me today and basically said, sorry. No real solutions. I live 990 miles away and have no idea what to do. Cancel and refund or hold and risk. It's not what I bargained for when I dropped $2400 for two annual passes with NO blackout dates. Everything is a blackout date now.
Unbelievable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter