• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still in denial that this is how Disney is treating their loyal APs. As an out of state AP holder and a family of 4, our APs were no small financial investment. They may have extended my AP for the number of days they were closed but they have eliminated park hopping and are restricting my access to the parks. I realize they cannot allow a free for all with APs reserving park days but not allowing at least the 3 days in addition to a resort stay isn't fair either.
Yeah i was expecting the 3 days without the resort would be in addition to the resort days.

This is really going to mess a lot of peoples plans up and piss a lot of people off

We arrive July 12 at Fort Wilderness for a week stay with 6 day base tickets. We are short one ticket for a member of our party who is on our resort hotel reservation but we hadn't bought a ticket for yet when Disney stopped selling new tickets. Any ideas whether they will allow us to purchase a ticket once we get there?? And I guess they would need to add that person to our park reservations also. I am worried! The ticket is for our 10 year old son! So if he can't go, someone is going to have to stay with him at the resort every day and he will be bummed!! What a mess!
I am pretty sure the answer to this will be a no. I wish I could tell you different, They are being pretty firm on no new ticket sells. Maybe you could buy him an annual pass or call and ask to speak with guest services and plea with them. I would try to get answers from Disney ASAP, so you can make an informed decision regarding your trip. For a 10 year old to have to stay at the hotel while everyone else goes to Disney could be pretty traumatizing.

The only thing preventing APs from entering should be capacity and availability. They’re really stopping an AP from coming if availability is wide open if they’ve got a resort stay with days booked in the future?

Good thing they were so generous with the extra month lol.
I just confirmed with a chat CM that indeed, if you have a resort stay and planned on giving Disney thousands of dollars you will be punished and unable to book park days until after your resort stay. So if you are booked in December with an AP you are SOL on visiting Disney this year until December.

I'm calling right now and cancelling all my resort stays. Absolutely insane.

I just confirmed with a chat CM that indeed, if you have a resort stay and planned on giving Disney thousands of dollars you will be punished and unable to book park days until after your resort stay. So if you are booked in December with an AP you are SOL on visiting Disney this year until December.

Exactly.

A lot of local AP's book hotels stays for October, November and December during the busy time and go for the day before that.

That has all changed now.

Unfortunately we rented DVC for our October stay or I'd be canceling as soon as this is all confirmed in the morning, too. If it holds to be true, we'll be staying only offsite for our spur of the moment staycations while the park reservation system stays in place.

I guess we'll take the chance that we can still book MK on his 1st birthday in October and cancel those previous park days I booked.

And I'll be sharing my opinion to the powers that be.

Did you try modifying the resort? The change button for tickets just refreshed for me, but the change button for resort worked. After picking the resort and room type (I chose both the same as I already had), it let me pick the number of days for my ticket. I was able to add a day at that point.

From what I have read here and on other threads, this only works if the tickets are part of a package.
Yes I tried that as soon as I saw your first post about it. It shows No Availability for all resorts. It also won’t let me switch from the Sun and Fun offer to Rack Rate because I even considered doing that if it would let me add a day or two. Oh well, you got lucky!!

Oh, yikes. That poor kid. I can’t imagine how awful it would feel when everyone else gets to go and being left behind. Can he take one of the adult’s tickets?
We thought about reassigning one of the other adult tickets, but we already have park reservations now and I don't know if it will cancel the other persons reservation and we will have to try for a new park reservation for him or not. Ive called Disney and they can't offer me any help other than "just bring him and talk to the resort at check in". Not really reassuring. I'm sure we can reassign and change the park reservation once we get there. But then someone else is going to miss out! It's a Lose-Lose unless we can buy an extra ticket. We were buying tickets as we were able and just had the one ticket left to get, not expecting them to stop selling tickets!

I am pretty sure the answer to this will be a no. I wish I could tell you different, They are being pretty firm on no new ticket sells. Maybe you could buy him an annual pass or call and ask to speak with guest services and plea with them. I would try to get answers from Disney ASAP, so you can make an informed decision regarding your trip. For a 10 year old to have to stay at the hotel while everyone else goes to Disney could be pretty traumatizing.
I would definitely buy him an Annual Pass if I can do that! Is there a date for new sales of Annual Passes?

We thought about reassigning one of the other adult tickets, but we already have park reservations now and I don't know if it will cancel the other persons reservation and we will have to try for a new park reservation for him or not. Ive called Disney and they can't offer me any help other than "just bring him and talk to the resort at check in". Not really reassuring. I'm sure we can reassign and change the park reservation once we get there. But then someone else is going to miss out! It's a Lose-Lose unless we can buy an extra ticket. We were buying tickets as we were able and just had the one ticket left to get, not expecting them to stop selling tickets!
That is such a bummer. I feel awful as I just returned 2 - 6 day park hoppers from our cancelled May trip to UT for a refund last week. I had to buy tickets with a package to get the FD for the trip we rebooked for June. Had I thought about it, I would have looked to see if anyone needed them. It looks like I could have reassigned them in MDE. I totally would have found a way to get that to you for your son. I hope you are able to get it worked out.

I would definitely buy him an Annual Pass if I can do that! Is there a date for new sales of Annual Passes?
The people in this forum know most things about Disney. I have never bought an annual pass, but one of the moderators should know if that is possible.

When you talked to Disney about the situation, you needed to ask to speak to guest services. The first cast member that answers the phone probably doesn’t have the authority to help you, they would have to transfer you to guest services. Guest services has more abilities than the first person that answers the phone.

Yeah. I would have to reschedule or cancel if I couldn’t get DS a ticket or see if I can reassign mine & have DH or another adult in the party bring him.

Is anyone slightly worried about capacity. Without Disney releasing exact numbers, it could be anything at this point. I think we are all assuming it will be at a certain level but...it could be 40,000 for MK for all we know.

I know that MK has a higher capacity than the other parks, but the fact that NO days have sold out definitely worries me.

Yes, it's absolutely possible that, like we all thought, demand is waaaaay waaaaaay down. But it may also be possible that capacity will be higher than we were expecting.

Why are we assuming that’s true when AP reservations don’t open until tomorrow?
Because the source its coming from is very reliable and on the AP Facebook page people have called tonight and CM's have told them the same.

Why are we assuming that’s true when AP reservations don’t open until tomorrow?
Multiple CMs have now told multiple people that it is the case. They better be wrong, is all I have to say. It makes zero sense for Disney to screw themselves out of thousands of dollars they make from onsite guests. What is even the perk of staying onsite at Disney? No EMH, no fast passes, there literally isn't a SINGLE perk of staying onsite. And they want to punish any Annual Passholder who would stay on site DESPITE the lack of perks by telling them they are restricted to their hotel stays only? If you're an AP with a resort stay in December that means you can't visit Disney until next year?! THIS. MAKES. NO. SENSE.

My head hurts 😩

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter