Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I called, CM said they wouldn't be selling tickets for 2020 until after the July 11 opening...?

We arrive July 12 at Fort Wilderness for a week stay with 6 day base tickets. We are short one ticket for a member of our party who is on our resort hotel reservation but we hadn't bought a ticket for yet when Disney stopped selling new tickets. Any ideas whether they will allow us to purchase a ticket once we get there?? And I guess they would need to add that person to our park reservations also. I am worried! The ticket is for our 10 year old son! So if he can't go, someone is going to have to stay with him at the resort every day and he will be bummed!! What a mess!

Is anyone talking about this yet?

This is completely out of control if true

So all the AP people who got their park reservations already with their resort stays, don't bother trying tomorrow for single day park reservations.

EXACTLY what I was scared of when I posted a few days ago asking about this very thing. I'm trying to wait and see before my head explodes...

Here's what is posted on WDW official website (no gaiters not allowed according to this):

Face Coverings

Face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 2 and up) and Cast Members. Please bring your own face coverings and wear them at all times, except when dining or swimming.

All face coverings should:
  • Fully cover an individual’s nose and mouth and allow the Guest to remain hands-free
  • Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
  • Be secured with ties or ear loops
  • Be made of breathable material, either disposable or reusable
Costume masks are not considered appropriate and are prohibited from being worn, in alignment with our existing rules.
The use of face coverings is not a substitute for physical distancing.

Yes, but these apply to Disney Springs as well and they’re allowing gaiters there. I do think that you should bring backups just in case

I've read that 4 times and I'm not understanding.

I am an hour away and go frequently. I booked a hotel for my son's birthday in October so I booked days for that trip. This states that we basically can't go to the park until October because my "3 days" are part of the hotel park bookings.

Or we cancel our October days so we can visit before and run the risk of being blocked from the park when we're actually staying on site.

I am an hour away and go frequently. I booked a hotel for my son's birthday in October so I booked days for that trip. This states that we basically can't go to the park until October because my "3 days" are part of the hotel park bookings.

Or we cancel our October days so we can visit before and run the risk of being blocked from the park when we're actually staying on site.

Thank you for explaining!

EXACTLY what I was scared of when I posted a few days ago asking about this very thing. I'm trying to wait and see before my head explodes...

So if they booked a room in October and made reservations, they can’t go beforehand, unless they cancel the parks reservations for October... damn, that sucks. But I don’t think we’ll have to worry about parks booking up in October until at least October

For example: I have a weeks stay in July. I’ve reserved all my days for my stay. I cannot reserve more until my trip is over.
Correct. That’s what I’m thinking as well. If you’ve already booked park days as part of a resort stay, you’re not going to be able to book another 3 days tomorrow not attached to a park stay. Your 3 days are already booked.

Correct.

I am the same. I live 2 hours away and we do both day trips and resort stays. Now we can't do day trips until our resort stays are over

CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY!!!!!

We arrive July 12 at Fort Wilderness for a week stay with 6 day base tickets. We are short one ticket for a member of our party who is on our resort hotel reservation but we hadn't bought a ticket for yet when Disney stopped selling new tickets. Any ideas whether they will allow us to purchase a ticket once we get there?? And I guess they would need to add that person to our park reservations also. I am worried! The ticket is for our 10 year old son! So if he can't go, someone is going to have to stay with him at the resort every day and he will be bummed!! What a mess!

Oh, yikes. That poor kid. I can’t imagine how awful it would feel when everyone else gets to go and being left behind. Can he take one of the adult’s tickets?

I agree, and it shouldn’t be hard for them. (Probably no Mezzo Metra size)
Patina’s sister restaurant, Naples, in DL’s DTD does have to go boxes. It’s not unusual to see a family walking in the DL park with their pizza box.

I’m guessing Via Napoli doesn’t offer this on regular nights because their oven capacity seems to be maxed out with dine in orders, but now they will have fewer dine in customers.
I didn’t know that about Naples. Maybe there is some hope for my pizza on the bench after all.
pixiedust:

YES, this is ridiculous! They want to punish us for staying at their resorts? If that's the case I will absolutely cancel every single one of my resort stays and just book my 3 ongoing day visits. That would be an excellent way for Disney to screw themselves out of a LOT of money!

I am still in denial that this is how Disney is treating their loyal APs. As an out of state AP holder and a family of 4, our APs were no small financial investment. They may have extended my AP for the number of days they were closed but they have eliminated park hopping and are restricting my access to the parks. I realize they cannot allow a free for all with APs reserving park days but not allowing at least the 3 days in addition to a resort stay isn't fair either.

I can't either. Was planning on using MNSSHP as a park day and now I can't add another day and I do have it booked as package. If can modify my park days on MDE for my 2021 trips that are booked, but for my 2020 when I click modify it just refreshes the page. When I called, CM said they wouldn't be selling tickets for 2020 until after the July 11 opening...?
Did you try modifying the resort? The change button for tickets just refreshed for me, but the change button for resort worked. After picking the resort and room type (I chose both the same as I already had), it let me pick the number of days for my ticket. I was able to add a day at that point.

From what I have read here and on other threads, this only works if the tickets are part of a package.

Two parts I found interesting/notable:

"Cast members who must work within 6 feet of Disneyland visitors will be provided a plastic face shield. "

“We have been crystal clear that we will enforce our policy requiring the wearing of face coverings by cast and guests,” Pace said in the letter. “Our resort leaders and security personnel will support cast members on this front.

The only thing preventing APs from entering should be capacity and availability. They’re really stopping an AP from coming if availability is wide open if they’ve got a resort stay with days booked in the future?

Good thing they were so generous with the extra month lol.

I've read that 4 times and I'm not understanding.
You are not alone I didn't get it at first either 😅

Wow. That is awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter