Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
that is the time frame for Early Morning Magic at Fantasyland ... I thought all that stuff was cancelled so might just be they haven't cleared the calendar yet but who knows at this point
I figured this may have been for EMM the hours seemed familiar. Shocked this got by IT :rolleyes2

For anyone who is interested I switched my resort reservation around this morning using the same days. The park reservations I requested really early this morning appeared to stick - I didn’t have to re-request them. So that is good news.

I figured this may have been for EMM the hours seemed familiar. Shocked this got by IT :rolleyes2

with how much stuff people in this thread test they really should use a group of people like us to test these systems ... like if in test mode it could handle every situation that someone in this thread had I am pretty sure the system would be pretty good to go for like 99.95 of people out there

Too many issues with the site, people who don't know if they're keeping their trips, etc.

ETA: I think a large majority of "normal" people have no idea this is going on, either.

that's scary to think about. If not for this board, I'd be one of those people. I never received any emails other than the initial your ADRs are being cancelled.

Well, it does have the most sought after rides I would think. That's probably why.
And maybe it has less capacity than the others.

Probably yes. Just tried to log in to MDE again and see it still has the castle waiting room so either fixes being applied or still a lot of activity.

Update: spent four hours on the phone total only to be moved from POR to CBR. Cost was the same so no gain or loss except that we have no interest in CBR. We've stayed there before and don't love it. BUT I do not understand them not letting us use the discount to come later. The resort we booked and love is closed fine. Let us use it later when it makes more sense for everyone involved. I've only complained at WDW once in 12 stays and it's because our room was filthy so I just asked for cleaning or to move rooms. I've never sent an email. But I will this time.
The resort you booked is closed. You were moved to a similar resort for mo extra charge. JMO but that's fair.

Four hours on hold is certainly no fine.

Disney is wrong. They should have said guests with reservations at closed resorts will he automatically moved. Wait for an email or check MDE.

Maybe Disney is trying to book paid upgrades or hope for cancellations.

After calling in about 150 times and then waiting on hold almost two hours, I finally got through to Passholder Services about the inability to book more than a handful of days with my AP voucher and multiple DVC reservations. She did say that it is a known issue (obviously) but that they are notating accounts and sending specific feedback to IT. She said to keep using Chrome because it seems to respond to the new system better.

She did NOT mention anything about AP reservations being purged but did say that they are hoping by "this afternoon or early evening" they will get the glitch fixed and we SHOULD be able to book all of the days once they fix the system.

So that wasn't entirely helpful but I feel better knowing I did all that I could. Now I guess I just wait until either someone else posts that the glitch is fixed or I randomly try again in a few hours!

Thank you for posting this! It is very much appreciated.

I have a pit in my stomach thinking about when i might be able to buy park tickets for 2020 for thanksgiving - and how nothing is going to be available anymore....I mean - here's how crazy I am. I'll still go.

We will do a resort only stay, hang out in Disney Springs, etc.

But I don't love this feeling.

I do have to say - for as much grief as I mentally gave Disney IT over this process, the actuality was much smoother Thani expected. The one big suggestion I would have would be to make it more obvious that the pink castle is actually a queue. It says not to refresh but they could have done a better job so people weren’t as likely to abandon it.

with how much stuff people in this thread test they really should use a group of people like us to test these systems ... like if in test mode it could handle every situation that someone in this thread had I am pretty sure the system would be pretty good to go for like 99.95 of people out there
Yes if the developers followed this thread they would have had plenty of scenarios to use in their test scripts when testing the system prior to going live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter