Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticed something for Magic Kingdom during select dates in July. It states there is a special ticketed event from 7:45AM - 9AM on 7/11, 7/12, 7/14, 7/19, 7/21, 7/26 and 7/28. I wonder what this could be? I looked quickly and it seems to no be happening in other months past July or at other parks.View attachment 503207

It's canceled, but not removed from the calendar.

After calling in about 150 times and then waiting on hold almost two hours, I finally got through to Passholder Services about the inability to book more than a handful of days with my AP voucher and multiple DVC reservations. She did say that it is a known issue (obviously) but that they are notating accounts and sending specific feedback to IT. She said to keep using Chrome because it seems to respond to the new system better.

She did NOT mention anything about AP reservations being purged but did say that they are hoping by "this afternoon or early evening" they will get the glitch fixed and we SHOULD be able to book all of the days once they fix the system.

So that wasn't entirely helpful but I feel better knowing I did all that I could. Now I guess I just wait until either someone else posts that the glitch is fixed or I randomly try again in a few hours!

So edge browser seems to work for me, yes this is a thing. Was able to make my friends reservations but I’m still capped at 3 days for my AP stay.

It sounds like we got lucky this morning as it relates to AP bookings.

I was able to book park reservations for four separate trips between July and the end of 2020. (July, October, November, and December) 2 of them for 12 of us and 2 for 2 of us. At 8:10 when we finally "got in", I had the choice of any park for the duration of the park hours.

Our stays are for 10, 7, 8, and 7 nights respectfully.

After almost 3 HOURS ON HOLD the CM is telling me you must pay the difference for new hotel if your current hotel is closed. Not discount or special pricing. Also, we had the 35% free dining discount and are being told if we modify our dates they will not honor that 35% discount. Not cool Disney. She put me on hold so hopefully she comes back with better info.
Update: spent four hours on the phone total only to be moved from POR to CBR. Cost was the same so no gain or loss except that we have no interest in CBR. We've stayed there before and don't love it. BUT I do not understand them not letting us use the discount to come later. The resort we booked and love is closed fine. Let us use it later when it makes more sense for everyone involved. I've only complained at WDW once in 12 stays and it's because our room was filthy so I just asked for cleaning or to move rooms. I've never sent an email. But I will this time.

Could a DVC expert shed some light on renting points at this time when there is no guarantee tickets will be available to purchase? I looked at one of the rental places and it appears there is availability even in July. Is this inadvisable given the situation with the possibility of not being able to get tickets? I would be the type to take the risk knowing I may not be able to go to parks if Disney doesn’t open reservations for this year.

I'm surprised that some of the dates close to Christmas haven't booked up yet.
Either a lot of people haven't booked yet or maybe they have a larger capacity for those dates?

Too many issues with the site, people who don't know if they're keeping their trips, etc.

ETA: I think a large majority of "normal" people have no idea this is going on, either.

One thing I was wondering is how respectable are NBA players in general?Specifically will there be any concerns about what state all those NBA rooms will be in after they have been stuck in them for many months?

I think they’re more concerned about the pay day given that they own ESPN.

Is that the first day it opens?

I'm surprised that some of the dates close to Christmas haven't booked up yet.
Either a lot of people haven't booked yet or maybe they have a larger capacity for those dates?

perhaps larger capacity, also I think further out less people laready have their tickets purchased since you really don't need thime (well, in the past you didn't really need them) until you got to 60 days our for making FPs ... but for today if you didn't already have tickets, even having that room at Christmas wouldn't enable you to book park reservations

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter