Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if SSR completed its 15 year room renovation overhaul? I know they started it, but I dont remember hearing it was completed

Anyone know if SSR completed its 15 year room renovation overhaul? I know they started it, but I dont remember hearing it was completed
Last I heard only a couple of buildings had been done before everything shut down. Pretty sure it was only preferred that got done.

Last I heard only a couple of buildings had been done before everything shut down. Pretty sure it was only preferred that got done.

Just looked it up, supposed to be done over the course of 2 years. Some have been completed, but probably wont be done until 2022

No. Only Congress Park was done, They had started on the Springs. So, no standard sections are done yet, and only part of preferred

We’re staying at Jambo in November and I’m so excited. We stayed in kidani last year and it was like I swear a 1/4 mile round trip to get to lobby and back 😂😂
I heard you can't hop from Kidani to Jambo. I have stayed at both. I like Jambo better for resort but love the pool area for kids at Kidani

No. Only Congress Park was done, They had started on the Springs. So, no standard sections are done yet, and only part of preferred

The rooms are really my only complaint about SSR. Main meals I cook in the room, so the dining there really doesnt impact me. And I dont mind the amount of walking. The buildings next to the 2 pathways to DS are nice, but no matter what its no more than a 20 minute walk from the room to DS

I heard you can't hop from Kidani to Jambo. I have stayed at both. I like Jambo better for resort but love the pool area for kids at Kidani
You can definitely hop between Jambo and Kidani. Both pools are open to dvc and non dvc guests. They are considered one resort in that sense.

I still haven’t even stepped foot onto the AKL property, and I’ve been a DVC member since 2008, and the only year I haven’t been down to WDW is 2015. Its one of the last remaining resorts in the US (including Aulani) that I haven’t stayed at.

I would use it to renew; you can't buy new ones right now.

No renew. He's had enough Disney. We swapped our APs for military tickets and a DCL Med cruise/DLP trip...which of course, didn't happen. Kids and I have 6 day military tickets. He won't go till it's cooler and there's a new ride or something. Not his thing.

I was told by CM that is not the case at this time. Was in the past as I have done it before.
Oh well right now you can't, no, bc the pool at Jambo isn't opening when Kidani opens. But once everything opens it would be impossible to stop people at the same resort since it's technically walkable.

You can definitely hop between Jambo and Kidani. Both pools are open to dvc and non dvc guests. They are considered one resort in that sense.

Yes, true But until the lodge section opens, even DVC owners have been told the pool and things at Jambo will not open right away.

So, we will know for sure on July 10th...but it sounds like those at Jambo will have to go to Kidani.

I haven’t seen anything but is there any info or rumors on the water parks opening?

Also, I have the platinum plus AP which I was going to activate in August. Still not sure what I’m going to do. Any suggestions on activating it? I’m torn to just go to my dvc resort and make a resort vacation instead of “wasting “ it with not being able to park hop or use water parks. Or would everyone expect some extension of months on it?

I'll be real with you, if I didn't already have an AP that just got extended I wouldn't even think of coming this year. And mine is just the regular Platinum without water parks, mind. No way would I be cracking open a new one this year much less a Plat Plus. Wait until 2021 when most/all of this insanity dies down so you'll actually get value out of it.

I'll be real with you, if I didn't already have an AP that just got extended I wouldn't even think of coming this year. And mine is just the regular Platinum without water parks, mind. No way would I be cracking open a new one this year much less a Plat Plus. Wait until 2021 when most/all of this insanity dies down so you'll actually get value out of it.

Agree 1000%. There is no way I would activate such an expensive pass this year.

I am so curious to see what the new prices are for next year - hotels, tickets?

You would think the increases would be minimal due to Covid, the economy, lack of travel etc., but it's Disney so I'm thinking they will be bigger than normal. 😐 😂

this does seem to clearly indicate the tickets will not expire within 9 days of first scan. Thank you. Where do you see this on your Mde? I can’t find anything similar to this but I’m probably looking in the wrong place. Thanks!

I go to Tickets and Passes, that's what I see when I look at mine and my family's park hoppers (all originally dated during the closure).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter