Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I certainly don’t understand the logic of the theater shows, some of the smaller theaters like Lightning McQueen will be open while some of the largest like Nemo will be closed

Perhaps it’s based on having live performers?
I agree. I’m curious about that. I’m curious why they, for example, chose to open FotLK and you’re right, HS capacity will be even lower with fewer shows open.

The stage shows not running due to CM safety makes a lot of sense. I imagine if they wanted to open them they could distance people inside no problem (just like they will be in restaurants) but there’s not a lot you can do when CMs are singing and dancing in close proximity.
Which is why no Broadway shows are open. Makes sense!!

As a music teacher having to work through what next school year will look like, the aerosolization of air when you sing is the issue. They're still doing research on how to do shows, choirs, and especially congregational singing. So the sing alongs are especially dangerous. When you do a proper inhale, the droplets settle and then are shot out like pistols when you force the air out, in simple terms.

I agree with the few of you who are confused about festival of the Lion King, though I haven't seen the show yet to potentially give you a reason why.

I agree with the few of you who are confused about festival of the Lion King, though I haven't seen the show yet to potentially give you a reason why.

My only thought is that the theater doesn’t have a bad seat, so they could space out better. Skip the front rows, etc. it’s huge.

I still think the number of guests will be fixed like a hard ticket event and not based on a somewhat unknown percentage depending on so many variables, then increase as things get better or decrease if worse.
decreasing will be very hard ..after they take reservations...

I still think the number of guests will fixed like a hard ticket event and not based on a somewhat unknown percentage depending on so many variables, then increase as things get better or decrease if worse.
Shanghai and Hong Kong used percentages. I’d guess WDW will start with a percentage and when able to increase will do so with a hard number like Shanghai where they’ve increased by 5,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter