Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you will be able to see what's available before you book?

Did you find out if true, only packages not room only for next year? That would be insane.

that's the way I read the post - said starting June 28, packages for next year, until Sept 2021 would be available - no mention of just booking hotel room - unless I missed something

I wear I've read that APs will be able to make park reservations for "length of stay" but maybe only up to 14 days. I just chatted w a CM and he didn't know if APs WITH resort reservations would be able to make park reservations for more 14 days or if there would be a limit.

This is all so confusing. I was totally calm about not knowing which resort we'd be at, wasn't particularly upset about maybe ONLY getting our APs extended for the length of closure (no concessions for lack of hopping, etc), basically fine about reduced/temp closed experiences, but with this park reservation stuff I'm finally breaking. Somebody get me a paper bag.
There is a 14 day limit if you have a hotel reservation. The last time I stayed on property more than 14 days, it required a separate reservation for the additional days - don’t know if that is still the case but if it is, it might reset the clock, so to speak. I don’t know if the limit will be modified for markets where the tickets are longer (such as UK) or if that will be it for everyone. If your trip is longer than 14 days, I would assume as you start using days you could try for more, but there might not be any openings. I am going for 11 days and just planning on trying for eight park days and having some DS and resort rest days for the remainder.

I think my computer will be the one needing the paper bag come Monday morning!

Full Email...
Soon it’ll be time to return to the enchantment. To zip through space, go on safari, soar around the world and take a wacky ride on a runaway railway. But before we reopen the gates, we wanted to share some important information that will help you make the most of the magic.

NEW THEME PARK RESERVATION SYSTEM

We continue to keep the health and well-being of our cast, Guests and communities top of mind, so as we take this measured approach to reopen our Theme Parks, we will manage attendance through our new Disney Park Pass system. This new Theme Park reservation system on DisneyWorld.comwill require all Guests to make advance reservations for Theme Park entry.

Passholders with an existing Disney Resort or other select hotel reservation can access the Disney Park Pass system beginning June 22, while all Annual Passholders are eligible to make Theme Park reservations starting June 26. Pass blockout dates apply and you should check the applicable blockout calendar for your pass type prior to making your Theme Park reservations.

In order to make your reservations, you will need a My Disney Experienceaccount and valid annual pass linked to it. If you’re staying at a Disney Resorthotel, be sure to link your Resort reservation to your My Disney Experienceaccount as well. Simply log into your My Disney Experience account and check for the date and Theme Park you wish to visit. To enter a Theme Park, both a reservation and valid ticket or annual pass for admission to the same Park on the same date are required, and you must make a separate reservation for each date you plan to visit. Please note that reservations are limited in capacity, subject to availability and are not guaranteed until confirmed. Click here for more information. All Annual Passholders are eligible to make Theme Park reservations for up to three days at a time, or Annual Passholders staying at select Disney Resort or other select hotels with valid Theme Park admission are eligible to make Theme Park reservations for their entire Resort length of stay.

Please remember to check the Disney Park Pass system (once available) from time to time as Theme Park reservation availability can change.

A PHASED REOPENING

As a reminder, Magic Kingdom® Park and Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park are scheduled to reopen on July 11, followed by EPCOT® and Disney’s Hollywood Studios® on July 15.

PASSHOLDER PREVIEW

Weekday Select, Theme Park Select, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Platinum Plus and Premier Passholders will have the opportunity to register for a special preview opportunity at Magic Kingdom® Park or Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park on July 9 or 10. Email invitations with registration details will be sent out soon. Reservations are required, limited and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.

PASSHOLDER OPTIONS

As the Walt Disney World Theme Parks prepare to reopen, we see a lot of Passholder enthusiasm to get back to the magic. We’re eager to see our cherished Passholders too! We also recognize that Theme Park reservations will change the way many of our Passholders prefer to enjoy their pass. With that in mind, we are offering alternative options to help you manage your pass. Click here for additional details. We’ll send more information in early July on how to select these options.

To thank you for your loyalty, we want to give you a sprinkle of pixie dust by mailing you an exclusive magnet later this summer (one per household).

We know your next visit will be different. But together, we can find new ways to enjoy magical moments and create memories to last a lifetime. Before you arrive, please check out some things to Know Before You Go.

Hope to see you real soon!

I have been thinking about the current reservation and hotel situation. I have a YC reservation for 5 nights starting Aug.3. Would this plan make sense?

1. Try to make park reservations on Monday.
2. Find out where they plan to change our hotel.

3. If I can't get park reservations or the hotel they give me is not one I would choose, I could just cancel.

4. Re-book park reservations for next summer and book a wonderful and large offsite Bonnet Creek hotel.

Other than the Magical Express, are there any perks for staying onsite at all any more? Why pay more for less? I will pay less for more.

So taking all this information together, it feels like the AP extension did me more harm than good.

Our originally expired at the end of July. They've now been extended until November. However, I have a trip in February so the extension won't cover it.

If they hadn't extended the passes, I could renew now and be able to make February park reservations. As it is, because of the extension, I won't be able to renew until September. Hopefully that won't make the difference in being shut out of the parks, but you never know.
I'm not sure if this will be helpful to you but, my original AP expired in April of 2020. I went ahead and renewed my AP before the expiration date, and still ended up with an extension.

So, what I'm saying is - there should not be an issue if you want to renew your AP at any point. You will not lose the extra months "given" to you by Disney.

There is a 14 day limit if you have a hotel reservation. The last time I stayed on property more than 14 days, it required a separate reservation for the additional days - don’t know if that is still the case but if it is, it might reset the clock, so to speak. I don’t know if the limit will be modified for markets where the tickets are longer (such as UK) or if that will be it for everyone. If your trip is longer than 14 days, I would assume as you start using days you could try for more, but there might not be any openings. I am going for 11 days and just planning on trying for eight park days and having some DS and resort rest days for the remainder.

I think my computer will be the one needing the paper bag come Monday morning!
The CM I was chatting with really didn't know the answer either. We have a 4 night (5 day) trip late July/early Aug, 4 night (5 day) early Nov, 7 night (8 day) over Thanksgiving, 5 night (6 day) in Jan. I wish we knew if we could make park reservations for all of those, or only part...

Last edited:
Step 3: Select a Date and Park

Choose the date and the theme park that you’d like to visit from the available reservations. Please note that dates and theme park selections are limited and subject to availability.
After creating your party in the Disney Park Pass system, you’ll be prompted to:
  • Select a Date: View a calendar and choose one of the available dates for your visit.
  • Select a Theme Park: Park hours will be displayed for your convenience.
  • Select a Time: This is the time that you can visit the park.
After selecting your date, park and time, you can confirm your reservation.

I would assume it's just like dining. Everyone you are bringing will need a reservation.
I don't think so. Under 3s wouldn't have a ticket...I think it'll work like f/p where under 3s dont need one. I also think I read somewhere today where it said 3 and up with a valid tix...but I have no idea where I think I saw that lol.

When you click on any drop down menu for tickets, passes, APs, etc it takes you to the World of Magic return page explaining the new procedures and not to the purchase options.
Yep. Tried to purchase mine and it wouldn’t go through!

I’m so mad. I told my husband earlier today we had to jump on this but he was certain they’d still be available whenever.

I think you will be able to see what's available before you book?

Did you find out if true, only packages not room only for next year? That would be insane.

Thought I also saw a post that said you needed to call and have room only reservation (with separate ticket purchase) converted to a package - but I could be seeing things by now !

Pardon my ignorance, I made reservations (2 room/ticket packages) for my daughter &family and myself. When she linked her info to her MDE, the ability to manage her room moved to her. We are still listed as friends and family. Will I be able to reserve park days for occupants of both reservations? She will be unable to do so Monday and we want to ensure securing the same park on the same day. Thanks!

Thought I also saw a post that said you needed to call and have room only reservation (with separate ticket purchase) converted to a package - but I could be seeing things by now !

Here it is :

If you have a room-only reservation at a Disney Resort or other select hotel for a stay in 2021, please call the Disney Reservation Center or call your travel professional beginning on June 24 to upgrade to a vacation package with tickets—and then make your theme park reservations

If that's true that you can only book packages, that would mean if you are staying at a Disney resort you can't purchase park tickets from other places.

I don't think they would do that, but yes I also read and was "kind of" told by CM that I would need to switch my 2021 room only to a package.

The AP month addition is weird timing as well. Waiting until October to add that month to peoples tickets. What about those of us that have passes that expire between the time parks reopen and October? How do we get that extra month?
Yup. Head spinning on how they will manage that. Hoping they are flexible as we have extended APs that expire on 7/18/20 as well as unactivated certificates for our 7/13-7/24 stay. Hoping I can ask them to add an extra month to the new APs, after we activate them. Head is swirling right now. I have 4 onsite stays currently on the books and the prospect of having to map them all out on Monday is a bit overwhelming.

That was mentioned on the Park Reservation System information page by Disney. You are not seeing things. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter