Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is the correct place to post this or not. I got the email today that starting June 22 I can make reservations because I have a room booked at pop during sept. The issue is that I don’t have tickets yet. The language is weird on the website if I can make reservations or buy tickets and then make reservations or have to wait till it opens in the summer to purchase tickets

anyone have any suggestions or thoughts on this

Where did you see that? I can't remember everything posted in here today lol.

It stuck out in another post, but now I can't find it.

I don't know. My excitement for this trip has pretty much left the building. The conversation I had with Disney today made it seem I don't have a choice to buy tickets later, but rather I have to upgrade to a package for 2021 and lose my room rate. :(

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this or not. I got the email today that starting June 22 I can make reservations because I have a room booked at pop during sept. The issue is that I don’t have tickets yet. The language is weird on the website if I can make reservations or buy tickets and then make reservations or have to wait till it opens in the summer to purchase tickets

anyone have any suggestions or thoughts on this

You cannot make a park reservation without tickets linked in your MDE.

No worries. With a resort stay, you are eligible to book park reservations for each day of your stay with an AP. Not guaranteed to get them, but at least you can try. The limit will come into play if you stay off property or are a local who comes and goes from home.
I wear I've read that APs will be able to make park reservations for "length of stay" but maybe only up to 14 days. I just chatted w a CM and he didn't know if APs WITH resort reservations would be able to make park reservations for more 14 days or if there would be a limit.

This is all so confusing. I was totally calm about not knowing which resort we'd be at, wasn't particularly upset about maybe ONLY getting our APs extended for the length of closure (no concessions for lack of hopping, etc), basically fine about reduced/temp closed experiences, but with this park reservation stuff I'm finally breaking. Somebody get me a paper bag.

Question:

So when they open park reservations, from what I understand they are using the park capacity limits of today all the way through Sept 2021, at least until further notice.

If these capacity levels are low, park reservations can fill up relatively quickly.

So when purchasing tickets later on for this year or next, you would check the availability of parks, see there is limited to no availability - who in their right mind would purchase tickets?

I suppose the only good side in waiting to buy tickets (as I plan to, I'm not switching to a package and increasing my resort room-rate, I got a good one for 2021!) - is that perhaps more slots will closer to next year and I'll have some good picking.

Or there's no availability and I just cancel trip and go to Universal!

If this is how it is, this is how it is. But today is the first time I've ever felt that planning a trip to Disney shouldn't be making me feel this bad. :rotfl:

Exactly ! That's the way I read it ! No way I am booking a package for July 2021, just to see that we can't get into the parks ! That's insane !

By the by, when I checked the Annual Pass page on Disney's site it's not showing any ability to purchase new APs now. So if you didn't already get your APs you may be out of luck until reservations open for the general public in a week
I had three in my cart and it's letting my get to the purchase page. What are you seeing on the AP page that's concerning for new purchases?

Exactly ! That's the way I read it ! No way I am booking a package for July 2021, just to see that we can't get into the parks ! That's insane !

I think you will be able to see what's available before you book?

Did you find out if true, only packages not room only for next year? That would be insane.

Curious .. will people who had reservations .. but were canceled by Disney (because Disney didn't open in June) be able to book a new reservations BEFORE the park reservation system opens? I'm not entirely clear on that.

I want to potentially go this fall or winter, but I've been blocked out of making a new resort reservation.

I honestly cant envision the bare bones solution being the end result. They know damn well that wouldn’t go over well in the first place. And locals can only book 2 days at a time without a resort reservation? Yeah, there’s more to the AP compensation discussion in the future, I’m almost certain of it. Disney has done some weird things in the past, but not to the level of giving a 4 month extension and calling it a day. Unless they just want to get rid of APs altogether
Pixie Poop

Packages are refundable even with tickets. If you happen to have or want the Chase Disney credit card, you get six months with no payments on a Disney package. That would get you closer.

Thanks ! Yep - have my "Darth Visa" :))
I just want things to be back to normal -- and all of us to be whining about boarding groups again !!

Curious .. will people who had reservations .. but were canceled by Disney (because Disney didn't open in June) be able to book a new reservations BEFORE the park reservation system opens? I'm not entirely clear on that.

I want to potentially go this fall or winter, but I've been blocked out of making a new resort reservation.

You will have to for sure call them on that. Nothing released today has been about new room reservations for 2020... New reservations for 2021 and the ability for existing reservations with valid tickets to be able to reserve parks starting on Monday.

I had three in my cart and it's letting my get to the purchase page. What are you seeing on the AP page that's concerning for new purchases?
When you click on any drop down menu for tickets, passes, APs, etc it takes you to the World of Magic return page explaining the new procedures and not to the purchase options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter