Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lighten up.. it’s all in good fun. Your posts brought some of the best moments to this thread. Certainly ones that took on their own life.
And were actually pretty relevant. Since most of what he said was accurate but obviously in the early stages. I certainly saved a lot of time by canceling during that call and having my points banked. And, my daughter canceling her June cash stay.

I am all about "good fun". Do you think we will still have to wear masks in September?

(just kidding about the masks..... having a little fun lol- I'm all set with masks: disposable, layered, Disney prints, valve masks, stretchable masks, home made masks, light face coverings - you name it I have it)

I would answer, but I am not sure I could put it as eloquently as it has already been said, so I will just attach the following as my answer to this....my answer to pretty much everything.

I'm going to be that person to ask the question that none of us know the answer to: "But how long?"

My niece's reward for potty training was a trip to Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. I am not kidding, it was the ONLY thing that would motivate her. I mean, I know kids are kids and memories are short, but still...it feels a little icky not to be able to deliver on a promise, you know?

We also had a girls' tea planned for the Afternoon Tea Party at GF, and seeing that taken off is a punch to the gut.
We told our daughter if she eats her fruits and vegetables that she’ll grow tall enough to go on splash mountain (she was already the height - just needed some bribes). We were scheduled to go July 7 and had to cancel. She said to us “but I ate all my vegetables. Why does coronavirus ruin everything!!!” We are scheduled to go next year 🤞🏻 We can.

we also had bibbidi Bobbidi boutique booked so I hope it’s back up and running by April.

I would think BBB would come back sooner then Fireworks/parades, but it could be an staffing/expense savings cut for now.

I think it's more along the lines of having staff so close to the client, touching hair, putting make up on face, etc.,....kind of goes against the whole social distancing mask stuff!

A third move from B.C. to the Poly - CL! August 28th arrival.

If those are your dates and you are at the BC... refresh my friend - refresh! lol..,
Was your BC stay cash or DVC? We are scheduled to arrive at BC on DVC side 8/30. We keep wondering if we may be moved if the NBA is still at YC.

It's normal to be upset about a losing an experience or cancellation.

But you can't possibly be faulting Disney for cancelling those types of experiences that can't be done (well) with social distancing can you? Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique would be impossible.

I'm not faulting Disney at all. Just voicing my sadness. I fault Disney for all the stuff cakebaker mentioned in their post, absolutely.

I don't see how BBB would be impossible, I really don't. Would it take reduced capacities and some creativity? Sure. I don't think it's "Impossible." Remember what Walt always said about the impossible?

I'm guessing if Florida wasn't experiencing an significant uptick of coronavirus cases, the reservation system may be off the ground already for the initial parks reopening. It might even get more challenging to get a reservation.

I'm going to be that person to ask the question that none of us know the answer to: "But how long?"

My niece's reward for potty training was a trip to Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. I am not kidding, it was the ONLY thing that would motivate her. I mean, I know kids are kids and memories are short, but still...it feels a little icky not to be able to deliver on a promise, you know?

We also had a girls' tea planned for the Afternoon Tea Party at GF, and seeing that taken off is a punch to the gut.
I'd imagine that these experiences wont be offered for quite a while. Most of them require close contact by a group of people and that just isn't possible in the current situation.

I think it's more along the lines of having staff so close to the client, touching hair, putting make up on face, etc.,....kind of goes against the whole social distancing mask stuff!

Good point, I agree. I still think barber/BBB services return before than the mass gatherings, but we'll see.

So like if Edna should be wearing a mask, laugh if she shouldn't?

u4yu8yiu3861321-1024x576.jpg
She may be working remotely...

And were actually pretty relevant. Since most of what he said was accurate but obviously in the early stages. I certainly saved a lot of time by canceling during that call and having my points banked. And, my daughter canceling her June cash stay.

I am all about "good fun". Do you think we will still have to wear masks in September?

(just kidding about the masks..... having a little fun lol- I'm all set with masks: disposable, layered, Disney prints, valve masks, stretchable masks, home made masks, light face coverings - you name it I have it)

fwiw.. I was right there with you as you posted the info you were given & was very sure it was all very plausible. If you can check back you’ll see 😊 I was cheering for it being accurate.

I think that the legend of Sven that grew out of it has provided much lightness to this thread as things got weighty.

I will always be #teamSven 😉

I don't see how BBB would be impossible, I really don't. Would it take reduced capacities and some creativity? Sure. I don't think it's "Impossible." Remember what Walt always said about the impossible?

If they could do it safely, they would do it. It’s a big moneymaker. The profit margin on BBB is insane. They’re not cutting that to save money. It costs very little to operate.

I'm not faulting Disney at all. Just voicing my sadness. I fault Disney for all the stuff cakebaker mentioned in their post, absolutely.

BBB requires close contact between CM and guest(s) for prolonged amounts of time. Distance and limit all you want, but that is a major issue.

I think they’re making the responsible choice for their CMs not putting them in that position at this time. It’s a huge money maker for them, yet it isn’t happening.

I'm hoping when she sees that BBB is not open she doesn't decide to "un-potty train" right there on the spot for being sold a false bill of goods, hahaha! Sorry for laughing, but with 3 little kids of my own I can easily see them doing crazy stuff.

Was your BC stay cash or DVC? We are scheduled to arrive at BC on DVC side 8/30. We keep wondering if we may be moved if the NBA is still at YC.
BC DVC is opening on Monday. If you have a points reservation there, you’ll be staying there. Just won’t have SAB for a while.

I’m not affected.. those who are have been posting changes on the Yacht & Beach Club thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter