Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you posting on a theme park board if you have no interest in going? To chide people who do feel comfortable going?

If you think someone has no right to post here, you should just report their post and let the mods handle it rather than chiding them yourself. I'm pretty sure it won't go your way, but doing exactly what you accuse them of isn't the solution either. Not playing mod....just letting you know what the proper steps are. :)

I know we are in the minority but DW and I aren’t even a little bit frightened of this virus. We wear the masks because it is the right thing to do but would happily go into a theme park or to a music concert tomorrow with no fear.

Yes, this is us.

As soon as dentist and eye doctors opened, I was there. We went to restaurants (outdoor) as soon as we could. We would go to zoo, outdoor concerts, anything if it was open here!!!

I can work home, so I can easily isolate for two weeks after a trip if needed/required.

Wear masks and social distance. Not much else you can do unless you choose to just stay home, which is fine too, but understand that others will choose to start going places again.

Besides, there is a new treatment for severe cases, human trials starting with vaccine - things are looking up, may be a while still, but I have hope things are getting better! :)

Last edited:
While I logically understand all of this, I am very saddened. After several decades of attending Disney, I finally saw this last year...twice Ming Na-Wen and NPH. My daughter was in one of the choirs that sang. She has some learning issues and has not had a normal school course, so to watch her participate in a group setting was just as magical as seeing the Processional. We've had a lot of stuff canceled (like many)...DCL Med, DLP, kids first time skiing, luckily I didn't have any kiddos who graduated or missed a prom...so I wouldn't be surprised if the list of 2020 keeps on growing.

CP is very very special to so many people. both of my kids sang in the choir every year of their HS years, even though some nights were rough because of the heat they both cherish the experience.

I lean towards the Voices of Liberty also as on the "no fly" list. The dome is centric to their performances and they encouraged guests to congregate. Add to that their/vocalists proximity to one another and singing/projecting, I don't see why Disney would even attempt to go forward with this. :(
I think they will also be moved to the american garden theater, like Mariachi Cobre and JAMMitors. Not necessarily in their period outfits but what they wear during their 4th of July concerts.

I'm going to predict that Candlelight Processional will not happen this year.
The theater would be cut in half in terns of capacity, while the event is arguably the most popular of the holiday season. That would mean A LOT of people would be left out and upset, standing around outside the theater won't work either
Also the choirs that participate come from all around the country and then are together for hours backstage, in a small-ish area while they practice, and then of course close together, shoulder to shoulder on stage
Unless something absolutely radical happens with the virus, I don't see this happening this year
As a music teacher, we aren't even sure and internally it's not looking good that we would even be able to have ensembles such as choir this upcoming year so I agree with you.

I think they will also be moved to the american garden theater, like Mariachi Cobre and JAMMitors. Not necessarily in their period outfits but what they wear during their 4th of July concerts.

Well if that is the case, I hope that Tiffany and the team will be ready for the outdoor heat, continuously.

After last evenings info from Disney and the movement in relocating guests, I’m curious as to what today brings. Being Friday it will be something.. but i don’t think we will hear much about the launch of the reservation system for the parks. (well.. maybe a date, without specifics).

Too many moving parts.. no wonder they are a month behind other parks reopening.

A friend pointed out that reopening the other parks was reopening parks.. reopening WDW is like reopening a city the size of San Francisco - with the similar/same logistics all the while keeping hurricane season in mind as yet another factor! lol/smh!

Ok Friday... ready - set - GO! 😆
What guests were relocated? I know of one and we arent sure that it wasnt a glitch.

I’m kind of.... shocked? by how many people are still genuinely so excited about going to a theme park in florida considering their rising cases...
Cases were always going to rise. When we shut down to begin with it was to slow the curve so hospitals wouldn't be flooded, not to eliminate the virus. Half the states in the country have rising cases so its almost unavoidable if you want to do any travel this summer. That being said I'm glad we still have 50 days to figure out if we are going or not. Mandating masks for the county should help too.

EDIT: oops sorry for bringing it back up.

Last edited:
I don’t think you’ll see companies trying to control where their employees travel during their vacation time. If the employees are required to quarantine due to a local emergency order, they’ll likely just have to let them work from home.
I don't control where my staff go on their vacations. But I request that they let me know their plans ahead of time, and insist that they tell me where they go. I let them know that if they choose to go what we define as a hot spot (even if it only becomes a hot spot after their arrival there) they will not be allowed on our campus until they have completed a two week quarantine. If they can work from home, they will get paid for that; if they can't, they will need to use either PTO or lose pay.

My concern with Candlelight Processional is also for the musicians and singers. It's being recommended my the Ministry of Health where I live that corporate singing in places of worship not happen at this time. Patios are opening today but not allowed to even sing Happy Birthday or have patio musicians or karaoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter