Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ours are all still the same. Can you ask for a refund after they extend or does that have to be done before? If so, we need to get that call in as we’re definitely doing the refund. Mine is a voucher, but the rest of the family have activated AP’s.
I do not know what their rules will be, but the reasonable thing for Disney to do would be to get all their ducks in a row, tell their guests what the ducks are and let us, the guests, decide if we want to duck hunt or hop into our camo trucks and go home...

(not sure if everyone followed the metaphors but we're all pretty exhausted with the run around by now :) )

Disappointing for some of the peasantry might be the fact that they're going to get that value/moderate they booked and not the 3BD Grand villa or Bungalow they were counting on. For the record, I'm one of the peasants, but I was looking forward to my stay at Pop.
Me too at my mod!

Ours are all still the same. Can you ask for a refund after they extend or does that have to be done before? If so, we need to get that call in as we’re definitely doing the refund. Mine is a voucher, but the rest of the family have activated AP’s.

I just called and the CM said she would request refund before they get auto extended, but that was her opinion not fact FWIW.

I apologize if that's what I made it sound like; I just meant sooner rather than later, not necessarily this morning. I don't have any dates or times, but with more decisions being made and things picking up and starting to "leak," my logical conclusion is we're going to start getting more concrete information sooner rather than later. That is a departure from even this weekend when there just a lot of radio silence or "nobody knows what's going on."

And just to reiterate, based on what I heard, as long as you're flexible, open, and manage your expectations, I think you'll be fine. Also, to reiterate, what I and others post here should be taken as rumor, so please don't cancel or change your trip based on what I or others say. Wait until Disney comes out with an official statement. Things change; I can tell you the plans that are being discussed now are very different than the ones discussed in May and are eons apart from what they were thinking about in March. All I'm saying is some of the forthcoming news may disappoint AP holders, Value/Mod guests, and DVC members. Disappointing but not devastating. Manage your expectations, and on the bright side, I think it will provide more clarity.
As an AP with moderate reservations, i guess I should expect a double-dip of disappointment, with a topping of non-magical sprinkles!

So first part of the trip I have 2 reservations, Pop Preferred and AKL Jambo Club level, second part is Poly DVC, and we have APs. So do I get extra credit or something? Does this "disappointment" stack or does it overlap?

EDIT: I see your name says NYC so it may also affect when the tri-state quarantine goes away since it seems like Florida wants a scapegoat.

Definitely not questioning you specifically on this but I've seen it mentioned several times that the tri state area is a scapegoat. To me if those folks are not allowed into Florida, then it prevents them from being used as a scapegoat for rising cases?

I do not know what their rules will be, but the reasonable thing for Disney to do would be to get all their ducks in a row, tell their guests what the ducks are and let us, the guests, decide if we want to duck hunt or hop into our camo trucks and go home...

(not sure if everyone followed the metaphors but we're all pretty exhausted with the run around by now :) )

Well that would be the right thing to do, but if reports are accurate, that’s not the option they’re going with.

That`s what bothers me most. I just don`t understand how would they expect from someone to pay for a Deluxe resort If they booked a Value at the first place? I guess for most of us (who booked value) it won`t be affordable. I`m happy for those who can afford to upgrade for Deluxe/WF Campfround Cabins .... but I guess it won`t be an option for everyone.

Also If the parks are open and some resort open and Disney decide not to open a resort where someone is booked wouldn`t they require to move those guest to an open resort if there is availability?

I`m no lawyer and have no idea about the legal requirements . Any help/thought with this?

ALSO I just saw some really surprising price here in the last couple of post. If Disney can give this kinda discount for group/block bookings why couldn`t/wouldn`t give similar to their guests ?
I believe they legally could cancel people's reservations if the resort wasn't open. However, I doubt Disney will do this in practice. I expect that they will move people for free to an open resort. I don't know if they'll eventually open one resort from each category and then just consolidate guests there or if they'll start opening deluxe resorts and move everyone to those. I would be surprised if Disney started a policy of mass cancellations for people with trips already booked.

Disappointing for some of the peasantry might be the fact that they're going to get that value/moderate they booked and not the 3BD Grand villa or Bungalow they were counting on. For the record, I'm one of the peasants, but I was looking forward to my stay at Pop.
Oh, if they let me stay at my All Star Resort and THAT'S my disappointing news, I'll be in heaven. We just can't afford to pay for an upgrade, and I would be devastated if they canceled us. I just want a trip. I don't need fancy extras. TAKE MY MONEY. (Deffo over here analyzing disappointing vs devastating) :rotfl:

It would also seem this change & the message Disney put out about making sure your park tickets are linked to mde might mean they’re going to open up the park reservation system...SOON.
I bought a park/resort ticket package though Disney, those should be all linked and ready correct?

Well that would be the right thing to do, but if reports are accurate, that’s not the option they’re going with.
And that would be a shame. I know they are more complicated than Shanghai but Shanghai kind of set an expectation that a similar model would be followed at other Disney parks. I am truly hoping that the 4 month closure extension is just Phase 1 and they will add the additional time onto it in Phase 2 of AP extensions.

I am looking forward to it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter