Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't find where on the WDW site (or any other Disney page) has this been posted, they quote it in their article but can't find the wording on the site
Yeah I’m not sure but it makes sense. I don’t think it was used a whole lot.

https://blogmickey.com/2020/06/disney-will-discontinue-airline-travel-packages-in-2021/As has been discussed here already, WDW is going to use the current situation to make some changes they’ve been wanting to for a while. Here’s an example. They’ve been wanting to do this for a while.

Aw. I remember we used to do the Eastern Airlines packages when I was a kid in the 70s/80s. Then my dad would take me on the If You Had Wings ride over and over - back then it was sponsored by Eastern. The pilot even gave me a wings pin once! :)

The buffets on cruise ships are gross. Too many parents let their kids grab whatever they want without proper hygiene.
Maybe an unpopular opinion, the only people I have ever witnessed grabbing items with their hands, sneezing without proper hygiene, touching their faces then the food, not using the utensils, pushing their way to fill up their plates at buffets were adults.

I think Reflections will happen eventually (maybe not for a very long time) but it makes sense to put that on a hold right now.

They still have quite a bit of Riviera to sell yet. Are people interested in buying DVC right now? I’m sure they expect slow sales in the near future. Once Riviera sales get rolling along again, I could see them revisiting Reflections. It’s in such a great location.

I could see them still continuing to proceed with DLH DVC considering the limited amount of DVC inventory they have there - demand will be SO high for that property.

I hope Reflections moves forward again one day! Would love to get an add-on contract there.

Yeah, one thing this move tells me is they feel like they won't be selling out Riviera any time soon

do you think it will be acceptable to remove your mask for photos?

If it follows Shanghai and UO, I believe it will be allowed.

BUT....that leads me to the following thought process:

Let me be clear, I try not to think this way, because I think you start to go down the rabbit hole, and then you want to go nowhere and do nothing, because suddenly, everything is a danger.

That said...I am trying to see the purpose of allowing people to remove their masks for photos or in the rest area. Theoretically, if they get the virus on the exterior of their mask...or interior for that matter, they remove their mask, then wherever they place their masks is contaminated. Their hands are also contaminated. Ideally, upon putting their masks back on, they would use hand sanitizer or wash their hands. But, realistically, we know that won't happen 100% of the time. And, yes, they will probably have their hands sanitized before their next attraction. But, in the mean time, they've touched their backpack, they've touched their phone, they've touched their stroller.

So, what is it? Are things SO serious that people have to wear masks all the time? Or are they not so serious, to the point that contamination of masks and other surfaces not really that big a deal?

I chatted with a CM about this Friday night. He told me that EMM is cancelled too along with EMH. It is an oversight on the park hours calendar.

Cancelled??? Oh bummer. I was hoping that EMM would return to the schedule once they started re-establishing the schedules and park hours and park reservations.

I personally think it's a mistake, because it's easy money. Now, maybe there wouldn't be the demand for it, and it wouldn't be worth it. But....why not put it out there, see what the demand is, and then go from there? If people are still willing to pay big bucks for EMM, take that money! Why the heck not.

I chatted with a CM about this Friday night. He told me that EMM is cancelled too along with EMH. It is an oversight on the park hours calendar.

I doubt its a long term pause. They probably just want to concentrate on the initial reopening before adding back some of the bells and whistles. They have to stick to what they proposed to the task force, but that doesnt mean those have to be long term changes. Universal has been open a week and they removed social distancing stickers from a few queues. That doesnt mean they’re allowing the parks to go back to business as usual, but I’m guessing that these parks have no intention of keeping the super strict guidelines in place for months on end. Certain things will stay closed or suspended, but there will be things that change on the fly over the course of the first 6-8 weeks of reopening. I honestly wouldnt be surprised if by the time Disney opens, masks are encouraged, but not mandatory at the 2 main gates at Universal. But Disney will still need to adhere to the policy for at least some time

I doubt its a long term pause. They probably just want to concentrate on the initial reopening before adding back some of the bells and whistles. They have to stick to what they proposed to the task force, but that doesnt mean those have to be long term changes. Universal has been open a week and they removed social distancing stickers from a few queues. That doesnt mean they’re allowing the parks to go back to business as usual, but I’m guessing that these parks have no intention of keeping the super strict guidelines in place for months on end. Certain things will stay closed or suspended, but there will be things that change on the fly over the course of the first 6-8 weeks of reopening. I honestly wouldnt be surprised if by the time Disney opens, masks are encouraged, but not mandatory at the 2 main gates at Universal. But Disney will still need to adhere to the policy for at least some time
I doubt that within a month they will start being lax on the restrictions. Especially now that cases have been rising in Florida since reopening.

I'm amazed at how quickly people want to go back to normal. Its news to me that Covid-19 has disappeared.

So apparently some of the DS Disney stores that opened this past Wed. are now unexpectedly closed again today. Thoughts on why? Goofys, Memories and Art store apparently.

allears.net

Several Stores in Disney Springs are Unexpectedly Closed Today - AllEars.Net
On our visit to Disney Springs, we noticed that three stores that had previously reopened are now temporarily closed. Here's what we know!
allears.net
allears.net

We visited all of those stores yesterday...hmmm

ETA: Just saw I was late to the party lol. Seriously though if a CM tested positive; do you think Disney would report it...or make an effort to let those who recently visited know???

Last edited:
I doubt that within a month they will start being lax on the restrictions. Especially now that cases have been rising in Florida since reopening.

I'm amazed at how quickly people want to go back to normal. Its news to me that Covid-19 has disappeared.

The cities and states getting hit now were never really hit in the first place. The virus is playing catch up. People have been out and about for over a month in NY, yet the cases continue to go down. It hasn’t disappeared, but that doesnt mean its what it was in March and April

The cities and states getting hit now were never really hit in the first place. The virus is playing catch up. People have been out and about for over a month in NY, yet the cases continue to go down. It hasn’t disappeared, but that doesnt mean its what it was in March and April
It may not be the same but we can't let down our guard just cause people are tired of social distancing

It hasn’t disappeared. People for months did everything they were told. Things started to reopen and infections started to rise. What else did people think was going to happen? Is everyone just planning on never going back to work or leaving the house ever again? I just don’t know what else they expect anyone to do in this situation. All the precautions in the world won’t stop people from getting infected.

So I assume people are just saying to themselves, I’ll be as safe as I can and try to get back some form of normalcy. While practicing the social distancing and wearing a mask when in a group of people etc

I don’t expect EMH or EMM anytime soon as I expect it won’t be needed or they won’t have enough capacity. Who knows when it will return but Disney has been very conservative about the situation so I assume not for a good whole.

It may not be the same but we can't let down our guard just cause people are tired of social distancing

I dont disagree, but you can’t restrict people forever. Living your one and only life being forced to wear a mask, not be able to socialize etc is not healthy. Its acceptable for the time being, but eventually it has to go. States are opening up, and once they’re fully open, theres little chance you’re going to be able to convince people to shut down again

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter