Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got an ap email. Doesn’t say anything new

Dear Valued Passholder,​
Soon it’ll be time to return to the enchantment. To laugh. To wish. To dream. To once again sing along with a small world. Journey to a galaxy far, far away. Conquer Everest. And sail through a Frozen land.​
But first, we wanted to offer our most sincere thanks. For your patience. For your trust. For always keeping the magic in your hearts. And for being some of our most cherished fans.​
As we adjust to these unprecedented times, the Theme Park experience will understandably be different from what it was when you last visited. At least for the time being. But one very important thing will remain the same: the magic will still be there. And we could all use some of that!​
Thanks again. For everything.​
We’ll be sure to stay in touch.

Sincerely,
Your Walt Disney World Resort Family​

WALT DISNEY WORLD

I got the same message and I almost jumped out of my chair thinking it would say:
1. that my pass was extended
2. information about the reservation system
3. anything about reopening really

Uhm, no, nothing. At least I know I am getting the passholder emails even if my pass expired during the closure and it's not showing anymore.

I missed a call yesterday about my Pop reservation June 23-30. They left a voicemail and asked that I call back or respond to the email I received June 6, but I did not receive an email. I'm on hold with them now to see what they say.

I got the same message and I almost jumped out of my chair thinking it would say:

Uhm, no, nothing. At least I know I am getting the passholder emails even if my pass expired during the closure and it's not showing anymore.

What exactly does Disney this they are accomplishing with that e-mail? It just adds to the frustration that they are not providing any real information.

I hoping for the same. It’s 30 days till the parks open. Something has to come soon. 🤔

I understand why they’re doing what they’re doing. Ive just never seen a company try and deter people from spending money on their company. Its very strange.
Disney: please don't come, please don't come, please don't come"
Universal: Hey AP look at all these new perks we have for you, we love you and missed you
Sea World: buy a new AP, no blackout dates, parking included for $11 a month!

"As we adjust to these unprecedented times, the Theme Park experience will understandably be different from what it was when you last visited."

#areyousureyouSTILLwanttovisit
I saw a theme park vlogger compare it to when a friend invites you for dinner, and then as the dinner gets closer they keep dropping hints like "are you sure you want to come? My husband is sick, and I've had a stressful week at work...."

Like, Disney is not coming out and saying it, but they might as well be. We can pick up the hints.

And I get it.... you're still paying the same prices and getting a diminished experience, but other parks are offering deals or extra incentives. Not them!

I saw a theme park vlogger compare it to when a friend invites you for dinner, and then as the dinner gets closer they keep dropping hints like "are you sure you want to come? My husband is sick, and I've had a stressful week at work...."

Like, Disney is not coming out and saying it, but they might as well be. We can pick up the hints.

And I get it.... you're still paying the same prices and getting a diminished experience, but other parks are offering deals or extra incentives. Not them!
I watched her VLOG too.

Just got an ap email. Doesn’t say anything new

Dear Valued Passholder,​
Soon it’ll be time to return to the enchantment. To laugh. To wish. To dream. To once again sing along with a small world. Journey to a galaxy far, far away. Conquer Everest. And sail through a Frozen land.​
But first, we wanted to offer our most sincere thanks. For your patience. For your trust. For always keeping the magic in your hearts. And for being some of our most cherished fans.​
As we adjust to these unprecedented times, the Theme Park experience will understandably be different from what it was when you last visited. At least for the time being. But one very important thing will remain the same: the magic will still be there. And we could all use some of that!​
Thanks again. For everything.​
We’ll be sure to stay in touch.

Sincerely,
Your Walt Disney World Resort Family​

WALT DISNEY WORLD

I was so excited to see the email and then so unimpressed when I read it.
So many emotions in about 30 seconds!

It's Disney World, they have been penny pinching for a while now. The issue is people still pay for it and will gladly spend the thousands of dollars for a diminished experience. I don't even blame them. People just wanna get out.

I just think differently and thats OK also

I understand why they’re doing what they’re doing. Ive just never seen a company try and deter people from spending money on their company. Its very strange.

It's totally strange to watch, but as you mentioned it does make sense. Disney doesn't want to force people to cancel/open up the parks too much. Additionally, as Chapek has kept reiterating they only are opening the parks in a way where they thing doing so would be better than the losses they take by leaving the parks closed. They probably have a good sense of what the ideal scale of operations should be from that perspective and are hoping that the amount of people staying at the resorts/want to come to WDW stays within that range.

It's not just about taking as many people's money as they can, since any increase in guests also comes with a similar increase in operational costs. Striking the right balance between the two is key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter