Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of schools are going to have staggered and optional attendance this fall. That might make a trip more attractive than it had been when you were actually pulling your kids from classes.
I doubt many schools will make online attendance and the turning in of homework optional as well. Can you imagine online schooling a kid while at WDW? Parents across America are tearing their hair out trying to do that from home. Zoom that Science class from the hotel room when the kid wants to play in WDW? 🤣

We know they’re not doing the early hours for the hotel. What about the ticketed early morning magic?
I’d be shocked if there are any before or after hours events for a long time. I think the Christmas Party could be the first after hours event to come back.

We know they’re not doing the early hours for the hotel. What about the ticketed early morning magic?

They're still listed on the calendar and have not technically been addressed. But I agree that they are most definitely gone. If for no other reason but those are not hard ticket events so you'd have the logisitics of needing a reservation for that park.

I doubt many schools will make online attendance and the turning in of homework optional as well. Can you imagine online schooling a kid while at WDW? Parents across America are tearing their hair out trying to do that from home. Zoom that Science class from the hotel room when the kid wants to play in WDW? 🤣

thst might be a bit of a distraction.

Maybe I'm picturing them wrong, but don't a lot of FP+ queues have points where they meet the regular queue? Some might be completely separate, but I think a lot of them would just be used to add real estate to one single line.

All (most?) merge but wouldn’t be holding the same amount on each side.

Peter Pan for example has a way shorter FP line than SB line, so if they’re using both sides they’d have to almost reverse the normal ratio at the merge point. Some attractions don’t have that issue, I think the length of Soarin’ FP and SB are the same before the merge, for example. I’m sure they’ve got it figured out but just a random thought I had about logistics.

At least it isn’t lockers 🙃

Peter Pan for example has a way shorter FP line than SB line, so if they’re using both sides they’d have to almost reverse the normal ratio at the merge point. Some attractions don’t have that issue, I think the length of Soarin’ FP and SB are the same before the merge, for example. I’m sure they’ve got it figured out but just a random thought I had about logistics.

Oh I guess i meant more like using the FP+ line as a switchback. You go through that line and at some point go backwards through part of the regular line. Many of the attractions queues are intentionally mazelike to accommodate various lengths, so I would think they could be combined in such a way.

it will be different for each queue. Some they may be able to take care of with how they setup the chains. Others will have to be two separate lines.

either way almost have to have a cm at entrance to get the right ratio down each and then at merge get them back in. Won’t be easy but doable.

and yes no lockers, m-word or temp Scans.

Oh I guess i meant more like using the FP+ line as a switchback. You go through that line and at some point go backwards through part of the regular line. Many of the attractions queues are intentionally mazelike to accommodate various lengths, so I would think they could be combined in such a way.

Oh you think they’re going to reconfigure it all and just use the space? I assumed they were just going to be keeping the lines as is and merge them accordingly.

it will depend on the ride. Some you could do it like that and some not.

That's what I think they have in mind. They are probably making some "stanchion" changes to incorporate the FP lines into the standby lines i.e. one really long line where they can foster social distancing.

I’d be shocked if there are any before or after hours events for a long time. I think the Christmas Party could be the first after hours event to come back.
I think there is a different appeal now. Instead of fireworks, parades, & characters as the appeal, it’s guaranteed nighttime access to MK for X number of hours.

Go online, look up each hotel’s total rooms (you can find them on the press site, fan sites, and even Wikipedia if you’re lazy), and calculate it yourself. At one point, Disney even had this phrase (about 33,000 hotel rooms and villas) on their press site.

Also, I believe the number you’re reference is the average amount of occupied rooms. It also might not include DVC rooms, as Disney doesn’t consider those hotel rooms technically. They usually refer to DVC rooms as “units.” There is no way that number would be possible for both WDW and DLR.
In other words, you don't have a source.

If you do the work you suggest, but do it well, you will find on the order or 10,428 value rooms, ~6,507 mods excluding the cabins (most get this wrong by forgetting the changes at CB and CSR, I still have not found a source I trust on the net change at CSR), and about 4950 deluxes--many get this wrong by forgetting to take out half of the old WL for CC, etc.

These sum to about 21,900. SO you think the Fort and WDW DVC have 11,000 rentable spaces among them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter