Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like they did for AP previews at SWGE.......hmmmmmm.......could see that possibly happening
Just picturing what it's like enforcing this. They're already apparently going to have security forces accosting sleeping 2 year olds in strollers that don't have a mask on. Why not go ahead and have them search and round up and kick out at 3:01 anyone with a yellow wristband on that just had their 6 hour window expire?

It's turning more into Hunger Games than Disney World at this point.

That would be really hard to enforce. They’d have to do something like colour coded bands and clear the park of people with a certain colour every hour in the afternoon and evening.

I think it will be relatively simple. You signed up for MK that’s your park for the day. Maybe something like allowing people to leave and make a new reservation with another park that has space.
Don’t they have a similar system they already use for special evening events like extra magic hours?

What they could have done and in my opinion should have done was Any of these other options:
1. Give everyone the quick service dining plan. People have to eat regardless.
2. Give people a discount on their CURRENT reservation and not a future reservation
3. Offer people their package next year at the same price. For many people who booked a bounce back or the promotion in January a booking next year even at a 35% discount is still a decent amount more.
4. Give people a gift card for 75% of the value of their dining plan to use in food in the park.

Forgive me--I'm catching up and it's probably been asked, but for #5 why should I only get 75% of the value of my dining plan? I am still well within my cancellation window to remove it.

Last edited:

Don’t they have a similar system they already use for special evening events like extra magic hours?

Yes, but thats clearing the park once a night for Halloween/Christmas parties, or letting people stay in the park just not go on attractions (or get the snacks) for EMH and DAH.

It’s not having to kick out a different group multiple times a night.

I have to make a sad confession. I actually just took screenshots of my ADRs for Oct trip that we probably won't be taking now. It was the best I've ever been able to get - restaurants and times we wanted - sadly taken away. They will serve as an Ode to the Vacation that Will Never Happen. :sad:

That would be really hard to enforce. They’d have to do something like colour coded bands and clear the park of people with a certain colour every hour in the afternoon and evening.

I think it will be relatively simple. You signed up for MK that’s your park for the day. Maybe something like allowing people to leave and make a new reservation with another park that has space.

Which brings us back to: how on earth are they going to manage rope drop?

The AP freeze is still a rumor. They have not announced anything regarding that.
I don’t think they’ll freeze out APs. I got the notice from Disney Destinations last night to the email I have associated with my unactivated AP telling me because I had a valid ticket I would get first access to the park reservation system.

EDIT: nvm, looking like these emails are going out randomly, even to people without ticket media associated to their accounts #DisneyIT

Last edited:
Which brings us back to: how on earth are they going to manage rope drop?

Maybe it’s not as big of a problem as we think it is?

Capacity will be much lower than normal, and not everyone is going to be there right away. They can try to eliminate choke points as much as possible, kind of like they’ve done with MK over the years by moving security points all over, letting people in earlier and just roam Main Street, maybe they modify the individual land/attraction rope drop somehow.

Actually if they move the popular attractions to VQ people can disperse themselves all over snagging a spot instead of rushing the line.

Forgive me--I'm catching up and it's probably been asked, but for #5 why should I only get 75% of the value of my dining plan? I paid nearly $2k for Deluxe for a week. I am still well within my cancellation window to remove it.
These are not Disney’s options these are just off the top of my head better options than what they’re doing. They original blog post said all they would do is give you 35% off a future stay.

I said 75% because I factored in what the actual costs for Disney probably are. I think this was a money grab for them/ getting guests to cancel.

My reservation starts on July 11th BWV. I haven’t received any emails from Disney, and my ADRs and FP‘s are still there. I’m sure there is no rhyme or reason for this, but I would be within the 60 day window they proposed Using vs. 180 days.

These are not Disney’s options these are just off the top of my head better options than what they’re doing. They original blog post said all they would do is give you 35% off a future stay.

I said 75% because I factored in what the actual costs for Disney probably are. I think this was a money grab for them/ getting guests to cancel.
Also this was just for those that lost free dining. If you paid for dining you get everything back.

I have to make a sad confession. I actually just took screenshots of my ADRs for Oct trip that we probably won't be taking now. It was the best I've ever been able to get - restaurants and times we wanted - sadly taken away. They will serve as an Ode to the Vacation that Will Never Happen. :sad:
I just did a file... print... save as PDF in Edge of the My plans screen with all of our dining res and fast pass. We pretty much had everything on the money for Mid July and *poof*, gone.

My reservation starts on July 11th BWV. I haven’t received any emails from Disney, and my ADRs and FP‘s are still there. I’m sure there is no rhyme or reason for this, but I would be within the 60 day window they proposed Using vs. 180 days.
Same here-- BLT

Ironically, I was at Disney Springs today and missed all this. Someone tell me if I got this right. Disney took all the people who breathed a sigh of relief that their trip wasn't cancelled and threw a huge question mark on to them by cancelling everything, including possibly their resort? Everyone is going to be super mad about this. Do I need to sell my shares tomorrow morning?

I don’t have a trip scheduled, but some of my family does. FP is gone for now so really the concerns are dining and access. Access won’t be an issue. And for those that don’t plan their trip a year out like us it’s at least theoretically possible to get some dining we normally wouldn’t

It is a new wrench in people’s plans. I thought it was funny people said we could quit speculating now that we had a date. We all knew there would now just be tons and tons of new more nuanced questions like this we’d have that would be even harder to get answers on. That’s what the dis is for! Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter