• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Disneyland website...

Upon reopening, certain parks, hotels, restaurants, attractions, experiences and other offerings will be modified or unavailable, will have limited capacity and will be subject to limited availability or even closure, and park admission and offerings are not guaranteed. Vie

Wonder what this means for hotels there?

In regards to a June 15th reopening date, has anyone considered like Shanghai, that WDW may open only to cast members first for limited test runs? It seems likely to me, but I could be off base.

thst is what universal is doing so id put it at likeky.

Upon reopening, certain parks, hotels, restaurants, attractions, experiences and other offerings will be modified or unavailable, will have limited capacity and will be subject to limited availability or even closure, and park admission and offerings are not guaranteed. Vie

That just sounds like a big cover your behind statement. Since it's so vast, makes speculating kinda hard.

Upon reopening, we can close, modify, or limit anything and everything if we feel like it, it doesn't matter if you spent a lot of money.

I think it would be like when they opened SW:GE. Onsite hotels were guaranteed one entry into the land. I would think they would guarantee onsite guests entry into the parks for each day of their stay. The onsite resort prices would allow for nothing less IMO.

He so far probably has one of those right with June 15. That's going by reservations that have been cancelled
Him and a thousand other people have made that claim. He doesn’t get legendary status if that’s all he gets right. It’s gonna take a home run. Not opening before June 15 is about as wide a window as you can open. Could be August and he’d still be technically right.

1)They may not open then, but they will not open before June 15.
2)Only the MK will open
3) NO FAST PASSES, NO CHARACTER MEETINGS AND VERY LIMITED RESTAURANTS.
4)There will be a "digital registry" for rides.
5)Epcot will open last

If he gets that all right, he will be forever a legend on the Dis. He may already be.
[/QUOTE]

I would rather wear two masks than have Epcot open last!

Him and a thousand other people have made that claim. He doesn’t get legendary status if that’s all he gets right. It’s gonna take a home run. Not opening before June 15 is about as wide a window as you can open. Could be August and he’d still be technically right.

If Sven gets all of his claims right, is it too soon to oust D’Amaro? I love D’Amaro, but Sven seems to have the foresight of a superhero if he gets everything right

If Sven gets all of his claims right, is it too soon to oust D’Amaro? I love D’Amaro, but Sven seems to have the foresight of a superhero if he gets everything right

Not him, but who's going to fight you too hard on Chapek? :scratchin

It's just reminding folks they reserve the right to cancel your hotel reservation. They could be looking at consolidating to 1-2 out of 3 hotels for a bit if demand is down. Closing all the hotels for any amount of time while they have the parks open is the equivalent of throwing money at all the hotels a stone's throw away from their entrance so I can't imagine they'd go that route for very long!

Membership dues only pertain to the DVC “side” of the resort and don’t even cover every operating cost for that side, especially around staffing and management. If annual dues that we’re already coming in fully covered the cost of running a timeshare resort, then why would any have closed? There was never any legislation in Florida that shut down hotels and timeshares. At those mixed used resorts, they also don’t pay for front desk personnel, shopping and dining facilities, bell services, and many other front of house positions and costs. Also generally a “skeleton crew” is what the resorts are employing right now to maintain the hotels and keep them in good condition. Disney’s not going to operate those hotels with skeleton crews or even radically reduced crews, because that would mean they’re not filling nearly enough rooms to be making the “positive contribution” that Chapek discussed. Theoretically, the DVC resorts could be open right now, but I think it’s telling that they’re not.
Actualy member dues DO cover the entire cost to operate the DVC resort including transportation and property taxes. We also pay into a reserve fund to cover refurb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter