• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're the same way. I've wanted to see the HP stuff for a while, but it's so much easier to just stay at Disney. Plus they keep adding new HP stuff, which makes me put off thinking of going until it's all done.

It's worth trying, and also staying on Universal property. They have much better park perks for their resort guests with the unlimited line skipping.

Jurassic Park is FANTASTIC. I just love how completely soaked you get! Disney needs a ride like that. I even rode it this past December and froze my butt off after. I went on Hagrid's for the first time 2 days before ROTR....I love them both and please don't make me choose. :rotfl2: I rode Hagrid's three times in a row. Gringott's was a disappointment though. I'm just not a huge screen person. The audio on parts of the ride broke for us and that quickly made me realize how much we didn't move.

I keep forgetting about RotR. We left a week before it opened. :(

Can’t be the better than Hagrids if you havent ridden it yet. They’re 2 different rides. You might still prefer Hagrids over RotR when you do get to ride it, and you wont be wrong because opinions on rides is subjective. I have loved every iteration of Journey into your imagination that theres been. I didnt like Great Movie Ride. I like Mission Space. Those arent popular opinions, but theyre mine.

I'm truly curious. What makes people think Disney would keep everything closed just because they got the NBA? If anything, that helps them gain more revenue while still opening the parks. It's not like the NBA players at the WWOS would be crossing over with park guests much. This seems like a very simple thing to plan around.
My thought is that Disney is opening at such a reduced capacity that it's not monetarily worth it, NBA may make more money for them in short term, while possibly being able to open later with less restrictions, more capacity.

Probably won't happen.

I stand by my opinion. It is just as well themed and has a even more thrilling ending then Splash. And has great re-ride ability. And it has a Splash Zone so people not riding can still get wet.

I love Jurassic Park the ride. But Splash Mountain is one of my favorite rides ive ever ridden. I wish theyd give Jurassic Park a full refurb, but not with Jurassic World, thats all I ask

It is worth going a day to see the HP stuff, but that's the only thing in either park that I feel is on the level of the Disney parks. The rest of it is like a nicer regional park.

We went back in the early 00's (IOA was open, no HP yet) and had fun, but haven't felt the need to work it in again since. Disney makes it way too easy and cost effective to just stay onsite.

I'm really glad Universal is so communicative with their plans, but I'm feeling very conflicted about when I should return. I've been missing the parks SO much, but I just can't justify going back this summer, between the virus, the heat, and the fact that someone in my party is high risk. I'm interested to see how they handle annual passes, I hope it's similar to Shanghai and they don't restart the clock until the need for restrictions has passed.

I'm truly curious. What makes people think Disney would keep everything closed just because they got the NBA? If anything, that helps them gain more revenue while still opening the parks. It's not like the NBA players at the WWOS would be crossing over with park guests much. This seems like a very simple thing to plan around.
yeah, especially since if the get the NBA and the MLS the WWOS complex would be closed as tight as Fort Knox with only highly credentialed essential people getting in the gate. Players would be over at the Gaylord, Four Seasons, the Grand or the Waldorf.

My thought is that Disney is opening at such a reduced capacity that it's not monetarily worth it, NBA may make more money for them in short term, while possibly being able to open later with less restrictions, more capacity.

Probably won't happen.

Disney would still make a lot of money at 20% capacity. Far more than what theyre making now. They dont need to close everyone but the millionaire basketball players off the property. They can easily just give them one full resort and that would be perfectly fine for all partys

yeah, especially since if the get the NBA and the MLS the WWOS complex would be closed as tight as Fort Knox with only highly credentialed essential people getting in the gate. Players would be over at the Gaylord, Four Seasons, the Grand or the Waldorf.

Then they’d have to close off Disney Springs....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter