• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not asking to be argumentative at all, but is what you are saying a medically proven fact? I ask in all seriousness - is there any medical data that suggests that someone has the same chance of contracting the virus from someone that has very recently tested negative vs someone that has not yet been tested - I totally understand that people that test positive have different extents of the virus - some get a fever-
some don't - some have difficulty breathing - some don't - some lose sense of taste and/or smell - some don't - some are totally asymptomatic -
But as far as people that have been tested - recently - and tested negative - wouldn't they be safer to be around than someone that has not been tested - regardless of symptoms ?
From the CDC website:

A vaccine may never come. Will we not wear masks forever.
100% agree. Masks are just a feel good thing. The requirement to wear masks will be gone before the end of this year. Impossible for WDW to throw out paying customers left and right, being Facebook live video fed to thousands. If you are not comfortable going to WDW without a mask then don't go. Simple.

Do go on!

I don't want to post the link because the poster (reporter for attractions mag) didn't blur out the children's faces and I think that is iffy to share, but he posted pictures to his twitter. Basically, it seems a family brought in some sort of portable cooking source and a full spread of hot dogs + condiments and got to grilling on some tables outside of Cookes of Dublin. The photos show the family (I count 8) having their "picnic" and Disney security confronting a lady cooking (I assume Mom).

Do you think this will be a trend for the coming days/weeks? If so, then I won't be driving over to DS this week or next just in case a photo is taken of me sipping a drink with my mask out of the way.
In away I hope so. It might be the only way some will get it. I was hoping the task force Disney put in place would make a difference.

I understand that - but just speaking from a logical perspective ,( not assuming that ppl are positive ) wouldn't most ppl feel safer being around someone that has actually been tested recently (and tested negative) than being around someone that has not been tested ?

No.
The incubation period for the virus is about 14 days. Detection via rt-PCR is unlikely before symptom onset, especially during the first week following exposure. So you could definitely test negative while harboring the virus. All a negative test really means is that at that particular moment in time, you don't have enough virus in your nasopharynx to be replicated and detected. There is also a lot of concern about false negatives with tests that have received Emergency Use Authorization. I wouldn't put much stock in a negative test result. I'm a medical lab scientist.

Unknown but I would bet quite a lot of money these would be accepted as "reasonable accommodation" under the ADA,
Found 3 cute ones for my 3 two-year olds and the earliest delivery being June 12-July 6. Went ahead with them. It's worth a shot even though my kids are young enough to be excluded from the requirement. Thank you for the suggestion, didn't even know they existed.

No.
The incubation period for the virus is about 14 days. Detection via rt-PCR is unlikely before symptom onset, especially during the first week following exposure. So you could definitely test negative while harboring the virus. All a negative test really means is that at that particular moment in time, you don't have enough virus in your nasopharynx to be replicated and detected. There is also a lot of concern about false negatives with tests that have received Emergency Use Authorization. I wouldn't put much stock in a negative test result. I'm a medical lab scientist.
I
Thanks for the info ! ( and being polite)
Greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter