Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm watching live stream of DS, and I really like the options to use a paper menu or scan a QR code. I feel like they could expand this and have texting of questions and specials (which would be great for me because I have a problem paying attention to the list of specials) and orders. Then the only contact really needed for the server is to bring the food and drinks.

Do we know what temperature they are using?

Meaning over 99, or over 100.3 for entry?
I don’t know the answer to that, but my temp usually runs 97.5 ish. I went to the salon today & they took my temp with the forehead thermometer & it was exactly 97.5 so I feel more confident that those temps will be accurate. So if it says I have a fever, I probably do (although I usually know b/c I would feel terrible).

Also, they had me sign a waiver so disney might do this too.

Decent amount of people at DS this morning-

My grandson got bit by one when he decided he'd take on a squirrel who stole his cheese crackers. We left the stroller outside Soarin', came back to a squirrel in the bottom having a snack. Before we could stop my grandson, he reached in trying to pull the package away from him. Off to first aid we went. We sort of panicked at first thinking omg, rabies...but the CM at first aid said not to worry, Disney squirrels don't get rabies. :) Lesson learned about not leaving food in the stroller.
That’s good to know. I didn’t know squirrels couldn’t get rabies. DS has had them get very close when he’s eating in the park & that has always freaked me out.

That’s good to know. I didn’t know squirrels couldn’t get rabies. DS has had them get very close when he’s eating in the park & that has always freaked me out.
OT, but squirrels can get rabies, they just don't usually survive the bite to pass it on. There isn't a known case of a rabies transmission to a human by a squirrel. I unfortunately know because my daughter was bit by a Disney squirrel too :sad2: and that was my first concern...

Do we know what temperature they are using?

Meaning over 99, or over 100.3 for entry?
The official language from the Disney Springs website says 100.4 or above will be refused admission.

Temperature Screening
All Guests are required to undergo temperature screenings upon arrival at Disney Springs.
  • Guest Screening: During this initial period, Guests will undergo temperature screening in these locations: the second-floor exits of Orange and Lime parking garages and the Marketplace Entrance (to serve Guests from the Hotel Plaza Boulevard Pedestrian Bridge and the rideshare drop-off lot). Based on guidance from health authorities, anyone displaying a temperature of 100.4 F or above will be directed to an additional location for rescreening and assistance. Those with temperatures above 100.4 will not be allowed entry; those in their party will not be allowed entry either.

• Employee Screening: Cast Members and Operating Participant employees will be required to complete a health screening and temperature check at home, prior to coming to work.

Money is tight for Disney, but I feel these last 2 months would've been the perfect time to try to complete a lot of these projects. That was opportunity missed.
That's what I was going to say. They could have kept working on the construction projects, but they chose to shut them down due to money. No guests in the parks are the perfect opportunity to get ahead on construction projects.

I agree & I know wdw is bigger, but I think it’s very disappointing if they haven’t yet. I expect wdw to be the trend-setter & not wait to see how it works out for other parks.

It's very likely Universal will open first. They don't have a lot of the big problems Disney is going to have with transportation. They also don't have dozens of hotels and a timeshare to worry about.

Those birds by Liberty Square market scare me the most. They have been quite aggressive before hah.

And I can get on a mask discussion that’s in reference to Josh D’Amaro 😉

Last February, one of those Liberty Square birds stole almost a full Mickey pretzel out of my daughter's hands. It was nuts!

On topic :).....I know Disney can't release a date yet, but I do hope they release the modifications sooner rather than later so that I can make a decision on our now late July trip.

It's very likely Universal will open first. They don't have a lot of the big problems Disney is going to have with transportation. They also don't have dozens of hotels and a timeshare to worry about.
I can see that, but I would hope wdw would at least come up with a plan & not just sit & wait for UO.

Any idea's on why they did not discuss the re-opening date on the podcast yesterday? Usually Pete has some sources he shares about and it seems the June 1st date they predicted the week before did not pan out.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Waiting for my June 10-12 cancellation email like 😰

ETA: It will be my 3rd cancellation since March, and we will not make another reservation. Will just hope for our August reservation instead and possibly visit as day guests with our AP
We are the next week. We can reschedule, but like ppl have said, I really want to know what to expect before I rebook.

Waiting for my June 10-12 cancellation email like 😰

ETA: It will be my 3rd cancellation since March, and we will not make another reservation. Will just hope for our August reservation instead and possibly visit as day guests with our AP
Genuine and honest question here. Are you actually planning to go if they do not cancel, or are you just waiting for them to cancel your reservation so you don't have to deal with any potential penalties if you did it on your own?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter