Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like having a car. The last we went we had a medical emergency, so I had to drive to a hospital. It wasn’t bad enough to require an ambulance.

I feel like I can also better control my social distancing today with a rental. The biggest risk will be the shuttles at MK parking lot. For Universal I’ll always pay up for the better parking. It’s much easier to leave.

I still can’t get my head around how you safely get from the parking lot to MK. The rest of parks I don’t sweat it right now.

If you get to the MK early enough you can walk to the TTC and take the boat. If you're arriving later springing for a Minnie Van is a good choice.

We live in Indiana and always drive down. We stay at Pop, and almost always drive to AK, it is super quick. Strongly thinking about driving to MK in July for our trip.

Any idea's on why they did not discuss the re-opening date on the podcast yesterday? Usually Pete has some sources he shares about and it seems the June 1st date they predicted the week before did not pan out.

Any idea's on why they did not discuss the re-opening date on the podcast yesterday? Usually Pete has some sources he shares about and it seems the June 1st date they predicted the week before did not pan out.

I wondered that too, I thought it was weird they didn't even discuss it, or DS opening. A quick thought whether he still thought the parks would open in June or not was all I was looking for.

EPCOT has become a headache for Disney.

https://insidethemagic.net/2020/05/epcot-disneys-biggest-problem-during-closure-rwb1/
Main speculation and thoughts to point out in this writing...
-Future world is torn up. Construction will certainly be delayed. The Mary Poppins and Moana attractions as well as the rumored Brazilian pavilion may all get scrapped completely.
-The Ratatouille and Guardians attractions are likely to open eventually as those projects are already beyond the half-way marks.
-The face mask requirement is going to be detrimental. Not just because their use and enforcement is highly controversial, but EPCOT is a park where eating and drinking is part of the fun. Every country pavilion has restaurants, quick service, food stalls, places to buy food and drinks. The masks would be coming off constantly.

I also think it may be difficult to reopen as World Showcase relies heavily on foreign workers, internships, and the college program. It could be sometime to get those workers back. Disney has also ended many contracts for EPCOT entertainers. They can be resigned or new people can be found, but that doesn't happen overnight.

It will be very hard for this park to be profitable anytime soon. The company as a whole is projected to lose a total of $13 billion dollars if the closures extend to July 1. And attendance will be impacted for months or even years to come. Many Disney fans have already started to avoid EPCOT even before the pandemic due to the heavy construction around Spaceship Earth. Now add in various restrictions and limitations and reduced experiences and many more will decide the value just isn't there. EPCOT may have a bright future, but it will be rough for quite awhile.

https://insidethemagic.net/2020/05/epcot-disneys-biggest-problem-during-closure-rwb1/
-Future world is torn up. Construction will certainly be delayed. The Mary Poppins and Moana attractions as well as the rumored Brazilian pavilion may all get scrapped completely.
-The Ratatouille and Guardians attractions are likely to open eventually as those projects are already beyond the half-way marks.
-The face mask requirement is going to be detrimental. Not just because their use and enforcement is highly controversial, but EPCOT is a park where eating and drinking is part of the fun. Every country pavilion has restaurants, quick service, food stalls, places to buy food and drinks. The masks would be coming off constantly.

I also think it may be difficult to reopen as World Showcase relies heavily on foreign workers, internships, and the college program. It could be sometime to get those workers back. Disney has also ended many contracts for EPCOT entertainers. They can be resigned or new people can be found, but that doesn't happen overnight.

It will be very hard for this park to be profitable anytime soon. The company as a whole is projected to lose a total of $13 billion dollars if the closures extend to July 1. And attendance will be impacted for months or even years to come. Many Disney fans have already started to avoid EPCOT even before the pandemic due to the heavy construction around Spaceship Earth. Now add in various restrictions and limitations and reduced experiences and many more will decide the value just isn't there. EPCOT may have a bright future, but it will be rough for quite awhile.
Nothing new here.

also just a word of wisdom. Inside the Magic is not a good source. They are mainly clickbait and steal a lot of their info these days.

Money is tight for Disney, but I feel these last 2 months would've been the perfect time to try to complete a lot of these projects. That was opportunity missed.

Yep

Here's a video. There's also video of one stealing M&Ms from a shop in the MK. lol

If that's the one by Jungle Cruise, I once saw him go through various stroller bags, pulling out different snacks and staring at them, before deciding on a bag of cookies, which he opened and ran off with. The line of strollers was just one big buffet for him.

I'm guessing that's why. From what I read he was pretty adamant that 6/1 would happen (even though all info. pointed that 6/1 wouldn't be the date??? I was pretty shocked he was stated 6/1 without any real positive signs.) I assume they don't have any idea at this point so no decent speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter