Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what I thought when I first saw this? That's leaving an awful lot of room for line jumpers, could you imagine?

Hah yes. My head goes there too after having someone do this exact thing on a cold cold morning waiting to get into a store. Someone tried to speak up to the associate and they just shrugged their shoulders and was like I don’t get paid enough to deal with people like that.

I feel like this may be the case with masks once you get in the parks. They will make sure you have it on entering, but once in are they going to say something to people who constantly take theirs off. It will be interesting to see. Hate to harp back on that subject line it’s just I’m sure cast members will get plenty annoyed more then anything being the mask police. I am fine wearing one. Wear anytime in a store now or in public. I haven’t had to wear one all day though. If things open I’d really have to judge whether actually my kids more then me will be fine wearing one all day. They at least are older 7 and 10, but still kids. As staying on site it would be all day except when back in our hotel room I would presume.

Maybe when you buy a ticket, or reserve using your AP, you choose a park entrance time, and then they’ll set up some sort of FP/BG page for people with specific times that you enter the park so that you don’t have ex. Someone with a park entrance time of 10:30 being able to get a FP/BG for earlier than 10:30? Idk. Seems like a lot of work to set up new systems like that. Probably looking far too deep into it and making it harder than it needs to be

It is something almost all parks are going to have to do and yes it is going to be work. I've been watching six flags since they seem very close to opening some parks (and my local park is six flags). Currently their only virtual queue option is a device you have to buy but they are probably going to need some virtual queue option for everybody to use. How they do that I have no idea but if it is something tied into the app on your phone they'll have to build it from scratch because it doesn't exist today. Disney does have the advantage that they do have app based things already with FP and BG so they are really in an easier position to expand those. still lots of wrinkles to work out, but I'll leave that to the large conference room discussions that have likely been taking place over the past few weeks.

Maybe when you buy a ticket, or reserve using your AP, you choose a park entrance time, and then they’ll set up some sort of FP/BG page for people with specific times that you enter the park so that you don’t have ex. Someone with a park entrance time of 10:30 being able to get a FP/BG for earlier than 10:30? Idk. Seems like a lot of work to set up new systems like that. Probably looking far too deep into it and making it harder than it needs to be

I had thought they’d go to some kind of a virtual queue, but if you’ve booked fp’s lately, it’s clear they have cut way back on availability. I can’t think of any reason they’d do that outside of intending to control lines using the system they already have in place,

Not sure if this was already addressed...
When the parks eventually do open- it is my understanding that it will to a limited capacity crowd. (50% ?). It's not unreasonable to assume that guests will need to select what park they are going to ahead of time- to reserve their space (so to speak). If this is the case, then don't park hoppers become obsolete? I'm wondering (for reservations this summer) if it's worth dropping the "hopper" option from park tickets- save $ if realistically, guests wouldn't be able to bounce between parks at will.
(Yes, I know with ADRs and FP+- there probably aren't too many guests who bounce between parks. But I know that I have due to weather, crowds, etc...)

There are absolutely zero CDC, Florida or Orange County orders requiring everyone to wear masks.
But the union has said masks for their members to come back. If they pull their members the park closes no matter what government says and we have seen the letter they sent out

Private property owner who open a business to the public have to abide by the ADA. If they don’t they get sued and lose. I am not even saying that I personally agree with it, but it is the law.

Personally, I would wear a mask at WDW now and for foreseeable future if they are required or not.
ADA doesn't get you around safety measures like height requirements. If masks are required for safety no problem no lawsuit

I’ve been wrong twice now, maybe the 3rd time’s a charm. I think DeSantis will move to phase 2 by June1. Disney will open June 15.
Nope. The mayor of orange county is not even meeting with Disney to discuss reopening approval plans until late June. Its july/august. As I've said for over a month now. Unless there is a push by the governor to overrule the county, which DeSantis won't do because of his tenuous position already, they won't even get a plan for opening looked at locally until late June. And then will get state approval. And that is the timeline Disney and uni have been working towards for a while now. Lots of moving parts and agreements on policies, as well as how to handle the opening to abide by guidelines prior to it happening. This is all still in the planning stages and has been for a while.

Nope. The mayor of orange county is not even meeting with Disney to discuss reopening approval plans until late June. Its july/august. As I've said for over a month now. Unless there is a push by the governor to overrule the county, which DeSantis won't do because of his tenuous position already, they won't even get a plan for opening looked at locally until late June. And then will get state approval. And that is the timeline Disney and uni have been working towards for a while now. Lots of moving parts and agreements on policies, as well as how to handle the opening to abide by guidelines prior to it happening. This is all still in the planning stages and has been for a while.
link with this info?

And if they don't open till later july/august this may even be different.

The part that is going to take the longest is the supply chain. All the food places likely had to throw away all their perishables... what beer is left may need to be replaced with fresh kegs things like that. A lot of the food places will almost be restocking from zero and since disney hasn't be buying much lately do the venders and distributers that disney buys from have enough in their warehouse to supply that order (since disney isn't buying they may not be stocking as much that they may have to throw out). So getting all that started back up would likely take the longest and disney may need to give them a heads-up a few weeks out.
I'm all in on new Kegs..! pirate: Arghhhj

I am so curious about how rope drop will work.

My best guess is timed admission - so your ticket will have an entry time, and only so many sold per entry time slot (9:00-9:15, 9:15-9:30) etc... You pick a slot when you buy your ticket? There's just no way they can socially distanced rope drop, even if capacity is kept low. The length of the line would be unreal. No more opening show, no more allowing people into the park before it's open.

That said, my other guess is, split the day into two blocks? So, guests can either come 9-3 or 3-9?

So hard to say.

Are masks an allowed subject or not, because I am tired of my on-subject posts getting deleted.
It depends. Masks in relation to Disney sure. Now discussing the ins and outs of statistics and this link vs. that link, and your source vs. mine are not.

The mask debate is endless though and I certainly would appreciate if we moved on from it. Disney is requiring them for Disney springs. Disney has every right to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter