Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the ones who have vacations booked for June. I am curious, do you feel comfortable paying full price for an incomplete experience?

I would hope Disney would be lowering many of those prices, esp if buses don't run, monorails, certain rides, no parades, no fireworks, not all restaurants open, no pools, not all parks open etc etc ( if indeed these things aren't open )

Id hope they give credits to fully paying guests
It depends on what will be implemented or taken away. When you travel with a 2 year old you miss a lot of things anyway. There are some things that will be deal breakers for us or would mean we go but for a lot fewer days. For instance pools, we have a pool at home & DS is 2 so really doesn’t know the difference between ours & theirs. But, we had built in days to relax at the pool with him. If they’re closed, we’ll go but take out probably 2 days.

Well, LA County announced today that they expect to be in a stay at home order until at least the end of July. I would think the two events are probably related. I don't think WDW is in a similar situation with local governments so I wouldn't expect them to follow suit.
Disneyland is in Orange County. OC is next to LA County, but has not said they'll lockdown like LA county. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if California opens later than Florida.

So, no matter when they open, they're going to have people with onsite reservations and who have chosen Fastpass and dining experiences prior to arrival. I would think if they were going to have people make reservations for a park on a particular day that these pre-booked experiences would guarantee you entry on that day? I mean, I just don't know how they would handle requiring people to make reservations for particular parks when there's probably already a lot of people who have "reservations" for particular parks on particular dates.

LMAO, this is what I found when I checked out their previous theories:

View attachment 494546

In other words, it's a FAKE NEWS click bait site, and nothing more.
DL AP's do not have free parking (except for Signature Plus), and you cannot purchase parking separately. It has been this way for years. Not a crazy theory back for 2018 when business was booking at WDW IMO. DL also has Maxpass, which is in essence a paid fast pass.

WDW has already released CM schedules through May 23 with only a select few Custodial Disney Springs CMs being “called back,” not even any CMs for World of Disney or the other Disney-operated locations. I don’t see a way where, with that schedule, Disney will open a park on June 1. They’re not even operating their own stores at DS yet, and I don’t think Disney would release a schedule and then change it, especially after it was delayed by a few days.

No one thought on January 1st that every Disney Park in the world would be closed down for 2+ months.

im not saying they will, or are opening on June 1st, but they can re-train and get the parks ready in a week. First week of June reservations will begin to be cancelled within a few hours, so we’ll see soon. Not that it’s a pure indication, but considering they’ve been doing the rolling cancellations for over a month now, it’s the best system we can go off right now

WDW has already released CM schedules through May 23 with only a select few Custodial Disney Springs CMs being “called back,” not even any CMs for World of Disney or the other Disney-operated locations. I don’t see a way where, with that schedule, Disney will open a park on June 1. They’re not even operating their own stores at DS yet, and I don’t think Disney would release a schedule and then change it, especially after it was delayed by a few days.
The schedule that has been released doesn’t really matter. Under the contracts Disney only has to give five days notice of a return to work for furloughed union employees.

Does that include resort schedules too?

It helps out APs who cannot get back or who are not comfortable getting back during this period, by increasing the extension at the end of their pass’ life or increasing their refund. It allows people to still visit if they’d like, at a cost of course.

Now do I think it’s true? Not really. But I wouldn’t be mad if it was.
Don’t worry, enough AP holders will be furious for you. This would never fly. It’s a cllick bait site.

Has anyone called during the shut down and made Magical Express reservations for July? I'm wondering if they are taking reservations....?

Don’t worry, enough AP holders will be furious for you. This would never fly. It’s a cllick bait site.

I don’t think it would happen either, like I have stated. Just think there are upsides to the idea just as an idea, not a reputable or likely rumour.

Has anyone called during the shut down and made Magical Express reservations for July? I'm wondering if they are taking reservations....?
[/QUOTE]

I think someone made them for June yesterday. I think.

Apparently I can’t properly quote either. 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter