Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I’m waiting on. We booked a bounce back checking in June 7th. Since I lose the bounce back discount AND he becomes a Disney adult in July, I’m hoping they offer us extended free dining or something since my nephew cannot miss school. (Although I’m still hoping for a June 1 opening)

I’m in your exact situation. Booked with a bounce back for June 2. My DD becomes a Disney adult later in the month. Now I’m going to lose my discount and have to pay extra for her 😭. So bummed. I did book a backup trip for March 2021, but if there’s still no fireworks etc at that time we won’t go. Also if people didn’t know, they booked my 2021 as a package not a room only ressie so I only had to put $200 down, not the full one night amount.

I’m in your exact situation. Booked with a bounce back for June 2. My DD becomes a Disney adult later in the month. Now I’m going to lose my discount and have to pay extra for her 😭. So bummed. I did book a backup trip for March 2021, but if there’s still no fireworks etc at that time we won’t go. Also if people didn’t know, they booked my 2021 as a package not a room only ressie so I only had to put $200 down, not the full one night amount.
they have no way of knowing your kid had a birthday.. I would not worry about that one bit. Especially under these crazy circumstances.

The media was chomping at the bit to find people from the final few days that Disney was open after making the closure announcement that became infected. They found one person, who was also at a conference in Orlando and said “He got it from Disney!”. Hundreds of Thousands of people in those parks the last few days, and only one confirmed case came “from” Disney. There were likely far more, but it could have been much worse

YUP. Same reason if you hear about some big thing in the mobile space, every headline will only mention Apple, because invoking their name gets the clicks. "If it bleeds, it leads", even if there's no actual bleeding.

Do you have any evidence that people are “loving” the struggled position Disney is in now?

Check Twitter. Some of them are people with legitimate, well thought out concerns about media consolidation and corporate power. Most, however, are edgy internet people who think that hating on something popular or well liked is a usable substitute for a personality.

Here you go..

Both Donald and Daisy Duck made their first screen appearances in the month of June, 1934 and 1940 respectively. Specifically, the anniversary dates are June 7th for Daisy and the 9th for Donald. For this reason, WDW will be open in June.

Half-Life 3 confirmed?

DeSantis, a lifelong Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan, said he hoped to see Tom Brady play at Raymond James Stadium -- when it’s a football palace and not a testing site -- later this fall.

“If we can get far enough along we can watch the new quarterback of the Bucs play,” DeSantis said, “and host the Super Bowl.”

Putting Brady and Tampa in the same sentence makes me angry. lol. But yeah, that makes Disney look good if they think they can see him play there. :crazy2:

ETA: Boston born and raised. So....

Every guest is entered into MDE for package/room reservations, including their birthdate if under 18.
OK.. so if she doesn't update that... then she should be good for tickets she has.. or she can go to the trouble of upgrading tickets etc.. totally up to her.

OK.. so if she doesn't update that... then she should be good for tickets she has.. or she can go to the trouble of upgrading tickets etc.. totally up to her.
The birth year is put in, so unless you check the over 18 box, Disney knows exactly how old your child is. I don't know what Disney will do in this situation as far as making her upgrade and pay the difference, but under normal circumstances, she would have to pay for the difference for having a child age up.

I believe that's the best indicator we've had so far of how long Disney will be closed. The construction hopes to restart before the year is over.

ETA: There is no reason they couldn't be doing construction at Disney right now. It's the perfect time without guests. The only reason construction was stopped was $$$$$$. This puts all current projects for the 50th months behind schedule.

Correct. Construction and contractor work in Florida is considered "essential." So the state did not make them stop construction in WDW. Either Disney made that decision or some decision made with their particular contractors. I live by a residential development that is under construction here in Florida. They haven't skipped a beat. So It's not the government that's stopping them.

But when they restart construction in Disney World is likely a financial decision, not necessarily one that has to do with the virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter