• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with all of this except I'd add that the government absolutely can require vaccination. And I fully expect that they will do so. A disease this deadly and this contagious is not something that people are going to be allowed to be inconsiderately ignorant about given the risk unvaccinated people will pose to everyone else including those with weakened immune systems who can't get a vaccine.
I would expect that mandate to be tied up in the courts for years then.

I love reading this thread. It's got everything...
* Plenty of news/rumors
* People who are so far on the OPEN SOON side of things
*People who are on the "We can't open until 2030 and a vaccine is here" side of things
* People in the middle just watching this like a ping pong match.
Now, on the other side, I've talked to some people that work high up in HersheyPark (Brown tags), and they fully expect to be up and running in mid early to mid June with the Governor here being the only possible stumbling block. (I used to work there). Now, their version of training isn't anything like DW, but when I worked there I got two days of training and was considered ready to work. LOL.

Good to know. I live about five minutes from HP and have season passes. We look forward to going once its open.

I’d guess a lot more goes into training a Disney CM vs. a Hersheypark employee.

How will Disney sell merchandise in Disney Springs ? The virus sticks to everything, will we need to use glows and face masks ?

omg everyone needs to STOP with the gloves. All they do is spread germs.... you get Germs on the gloves and then spread them to everything you touch. Buy your items at Disney Springs, don’t touch your face, put them in a bag and then go wash your hands. Then sanitize them however you see fit afterwards. Covid isn’t going to jump off the Elsa doll and crawl up your nose!

For merchandise...they could go the way of gamestop, and the only merchandise "on the floor" is the display cases. You take your desired display case (or just know what it is - probably even more likely) to a salesperson and they get the product for you (while sanitizing and putting back the display) and bring the product(s) to the register (never giving it to you until you have purchased it and it goes in your disposable bag). At the register, the cashier probably gives you a squirt of sanitizer with your bag and sends you on your way.

A much slower process, but if store audiences are limited, not an overwhelming one...heck, you might look at displays in a store window or varied glass cases and tell the storeperson what you want from the window/case (which can be quickly cleaned)...an even easier clean and execute plan...

For merchandise...they could go the way of gamestop, and the only merchandise "on the floor" is the display cases. You take your desired display case (or just know what it is - probably even more likely) to a salesperson and they get the product for you (while sanitizing and putting back the display) and bring the product(s) to the register (never giving it to you until you have purchased it and it goes in your disposable bag). At the register, the cashier probably gives you a squirt of sanitizer with your bag and sends you on your way.

A much slower process, but if store audiences are limited, not an overwhelming one...heck, you might look at displays in a store window or varied glass cases and tell the storeperson what you want from the window/case (which can be quickly cleaned)...an even easier clean and execute plan...
Again like I said earlier, why aren't more focusing on what Disney is going to look like instead of opening day?

So Florida businesses will only be open to locals for several months or however long it takes to get to phase 3? In all seriousness, because I don't know the answer, is that possible? I thought people have the constitutional right to travel between the states, so how would it work for businesses to deny customers who reside elsewhere? I don't picture the parks opening if only Florida residents are permitted entry.

1. Just curious as I missed some pages, where was it said Stage 1/2 are locals only?

2. Re: constitutional rights - some of those (such as travel rights) are easily overrided during specific times (war acts, States of emergencies etc...)

omg everyone needs to STOP with the gloves. All they do is spread germs.... you get Germs on the gloves and then spread them to everything you touch. Buy your items at Disney Springs, don’t touch your face, put them in a bag and then go wash your hands. Then sanitize them however you see fit afterwards. Covid isn’t going to jump off the Elsa doll and crawl up your nose!
That's easy for adults buying merch to take home for themselves or others not part of their party.

I'm not sure that's going to work too well with kids in the parks though that want to touch everything and play with it immediately after purchasing!

Completely off topic but still hopefully relevant enough to not get deleted...

Massive UK retailer Primark is asking our government for at least 2 to 4 weeks notice before shops are allowed go reopen to allow them to "make stores safe".

The idea that disney can just open up straight after they're allowed seems impossible to me.
You do realize Disney Parks is literally on the open Florida task force group. I think they have have the heads up notice on opening since they are the ones helping to plan when and how.

1. Just curious as I missed some pages, where was it said Stage 1/2 are locals only?

2. Re: constitutional rights - some of those (such as travel rights) are easily overrided during specific times (war acts, States of emergencies etc...)

The conference call this morning here in Florida talked about tourism and Phase 2. Like I said previously, I think they were talking about "MARKETING" phase 2 to locals. Have a sort of "locals come out and support your state during this time"

The conference call this morning here in Florida talked about tourism and Phase 2. Like I said previously, I think they were talking about "MARKETING" phase 2 to locals. Have a sort of "locals come out and support your state during this time"

Gotcha. But not actually restricting it to Florida residents only? Though I could see that. That's how it's being done here in Canada. Provinces will open up locally first, before travel restrictions will be lifted. There is currently not inter-provincial travel allowed in Canada.

Exactly, I knew the call was going to be misinterpreted six ways to Sunday, especially the locals comment.

Anyone can come in from any state. Those coming in from, NY, NJ, CA, and LA must quarantine for 14 days. All other states NO quarantine.
I thought people arriving on CT flights were also under a quarantine order? Is that no longer the case? I am not being rude, but I am genuinely curious as I live in CT.

That's easy for adults buying merch to take home for themselves or others not part of their party.

I'm not sure that's going to work too well with kids in the parks though that want to touch everything and play with it immediately after purchasing!

People have to take responsibility for their kids and other people need to recognize that some people won’t..... if your kids touch a bunch of merchandise and get sick, then I mean that’s the risk you as a parent took taking them to Disney during a pandemic. 🤷‍♀️ Other people should be fine as long as they wash hands and don’t touch their faces. And quite frankly, if someone is that concerned, they shouldn’t be going to Disney. You have the risk of catching this if you go....it just is what it is. No perfect solution.

That said... Do we think it's possible DISNEY may open to locals only initially? Especially as a way to enforce reduced capacities?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter