Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you listen to the call, I did and got a completely different takeaway, that said I can see how someone could get your take.
It sounded to me that the intent is to open up businesses in Florida as soon as possible. I really think people who think Disney World is going to be closed until next year are going to be surprised. The state wants to get people back to work ASAP.

In a few weeks we will have some good data from Georgia and Tennessee about what happens when they open things up. Georgia is opening up gyms, hair salons, nail salons, and bowling alleys this Friday. The following Monday, theaters and restaurants will reopen. Our shelter in place order will expire April 30th and will not be renewed. By May 8th, most everything else will begin reopening.

I don’t know about Six Flags. It’s possible it will be open in May. That will be interesting.

What happens here will give some good data for other places including Disney, I imagine.

In a few weeks we will have some good data from Georgia and Tennessee about what happens when they open things up. Georgia is opening up gyms, hair salons, nail salons, and bowling alleys this Friday. The following Monday, theaters and restaurants will reopen. Our shelter in place order will expire April 30th and will not be renewed. By May 8th, most everything else will begin reopening.

I don’t know about Six Flags. It’s possible it will be open in May. That will be interesting.

What happens here will give some good data for other places including Disney, I imagine.

I just can't see Florida not being open to at the same time. Maybe not by Monday but by May 4th for sure. At most Georgia will be ahead by a week or so.

Maybe by then but what is reopening is smaller businesses with social distancing in place. Its still a long ways from a theme park or sporting events with crowds returning.
Yup , I am still thinking mid July for the parks.

Maybe by then but what is reopening is smaller businesses with social distancing in place. Its still a long ways from a theme park or sporting events with crowds returning.
Yup , I am still thinking mid July for the parks.
I tthink DS will reopen late May, the parks, with some limited capacity and social distancing efforts in queue and theaters, in June
People tend to think that walking around the parks is a shoulder to shoulder situation all the time, it's not, you can easily maintain a 6ft buffer between your group and the groups around you. Now queueing will be the biggest challenge in social distancing but if the keep the crowds low it should be fine to maintain 6 gt apart even in a queue

Since the recommendations go to Governor on Friday, I think we should know a lot more by next Monday or so. Florida's State of Emergency ends 5/8 and some state employees in Tallahassee (state Capital) have been told to return to work 5/1 (which seems strange to me bc that's a Friday.) Sounded like a concerted effort was being made to bring things back as soon as possible. My fingers are crossed for plans for a safe, but soon, opening.

This might go a long way to explain while we know guest at WDW and Disneyland had COVID-19, no outbreaks have been traced back to them.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.04.20053058v1

There are many flaws with trying to use that study to say Disney doesn't pose a risk, or why we haven't heard of any outbreaks traced back to Disney.

I am thinking fall at the earliest. Its mostly to do with putting the measures that have been talked about in place.

I agree, it's going to take some time to get so many changes implemented. My guess though is probably MK opens this summer, July probably, then HS and AK this fall, and then EP... ☹️ who knows. Since we know that some form of measures will need to stay in place until there's a vaccine, my guess honestly is I can see EP staying closed until the construction work is done. I don't really think it's that big of a stretch to see it shut down until the 50th. The re-opening of EP could become part of the celebrations. So much of Epcot's "success" relied on festivals, shows and entertainment that are going to be impossible to do with gathering restrictions in place.

I just can't see Florida not being open to at the same time. Maybe not by Monday but by May 4th for sure. At most Georgia will be ahead by a week or so.
May 4th being less than 2 week away now.

Even if anywhere in Florida is allowed to open (most likely only limited small businesses) it remains to be seen how many will actually be ready to with supplies etc.

Update from work. We have been told by our lead from the Florida department of health that new states will unlikely be added to our procedure here at the airport. So it looks like it'll only be flights from NY, NJ, CT and LA, no end date has been given, I'll keep you posted
Surprised they haven't added Massachusetts yet. We've got a much bigger surge happening than LA.

Update from work. We have been told by our lead from the Florida department of health that new states will unlikely be added to our procedure here at the airport. So it looks like it'll only be flights from NY, NJ, CT and LA, no end date has been given, I'll keep you posted
Does anyone know how long that order is in place for? We are due to travel to Disney in August

Surprised they haven't added Massachusetts yet. We've got a much bigger surge happening than LA.
Yeah, I don't understand the logic of it all. Im assuming they have found that the screening this way is yielding little result.
Does anyone know how long that order is in place for? We are due to travel to Disney in August
No end date yet

Yeah, I don't understand the logic of it all. Im assuming they have found that the screening this way is yielding little result.

I heard on the news this morning that our doctors here in MA think we've come through the worst of it and peaked over the weekend (obviously too soon to tell, but a glimmer of hope) so if there's any logic being applied to no travel-restrictions on MA residents specifically I'd imagine it might be for that reason - by the time anything in Florida reopens MA could potentially have improved quite a lot. I definitely wouldn't be surprised if it's just because screening wasn't proving worth it though, since (as many have pointed out) how do you screen for a disease that doesn't present symptoms in the majority of those infected

I heard on the news this morning that our doctors here in MA think we've come through the worst of it and peaked over the weekend (obviously too soon to tell, but a glimmer of hope) so if there's any logic being applied to no travel-restrictions on MA residents specifically I'd imagine it might be for that reason - by the time anything in Florida reopens MA could potentially have improved quite a lot. I definitely wouldn't be surprised if it's just because screening wasn't proving worth it though, since (as many have pointed out) how do you screen for a disease that doesn't present symptoms in the majority of those infected
Yeah, i only know of 3 people that have become symptomatic after arriving (at least those that actually said they were during thre check up phone call )and screenings began early April.

No end date yet
I’m really surprised because most of NY, NJ, CT are all quite different from NYC and the immediate metro area. With the number of people from those states who travel to Florida in the summer, I wonder if this will impact WDW until it is lifted. I’m hoping for more WDW updates by the end of this week, at least.

There goes my trip 😢

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter