Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
In retrospect, just telling folks at the beginning that WDW was closing a couple weeks until April 1 was a brilliant move. Had they come out and say, "Oh we're closing the parks for 6 months", I think those last few days would have been different.

Right but ppl will catch on eventually & compliance will go way down. It’s already starting.

True. When I went for a run yesturday there was a marked increasse in number of cars of the road... and I'm not sure where they were going since very little is open.

I remember several years back here in atlanta where we got a lot of snow for here and we were stuck inside for 3-4 days. The day I could finally get out I went to my local bar... everybody else had the same idea and it was 3-4 deep at the bar. I'm worried we may see stuff like that when things start to open but I'm not sure how you avoid it either since people will want to go back to a bar or resturant (I know I do). Maybe initially make things "by reservation only"? I'm not sure how you avoid a flood of "I'm glad to get out of the house" people.

Yes, well said. And all of this should be framed as a need to get people back to work – instead of figuring out the first moment people can go on vacation. Once this is over, I will be doing as much as I can to help lift local businesses affected by this instead of the billion-dollar international media conglomerate. I shouldn’t be surprised by some of the short sightedness, but gosh.
This billion dollar company you speak of employees THOUSANDS of people that are in need of jobs. But i guess looking at it that way is short sighted?

Yes, well said. And all of this should be framed as a need to get people back to work – instead of figuring out the first moment people can go on vacation. Once this is over, I will be doing as much as I can to help lift local businesses affected by this instead of the billion-dollar international media conglomerate. I shouldn’t be surprised by some of the short sightedness, but gosh.

Come to the community board, we are having those exact discussions. :)

that is the confusing thing. I linked the magical express to the first night (canceled one) and I received a confirmation 12 hours after we received the cancellation. It’s all very strange. I’m not sure!

We’ve arrived at our resort after midnight quite a few times and had no problem with the reservation being booked for technically a previous day.. we prefer to fly in the night before our vacation “officially” starts get some sleep then hit the ground running the next morning. Even if the stay is split, the single night reservation needs to be weighted the same way as the multi night part of the split.

I’d be tempted to call back and escalate the call to a manager, explain that you would like to know the reason for the cancellation and why another workable option was not offered. Disney is all about keeping their customers happy. Anytime I’ve had any kind of issue or concern they’ve always come through for me.
Fingers crossed for you! 🤞🏻

According to rumors coming out of what will be said at 6PM during the news conference.....

Large gathering will be approved and "layered and phased " in over the next several months. Whatever that means.

I guess we will learn more soon.

I think I've read through most of this thread but definitely not everything so I may have missed this. Are there thoughts on how Disney would address the usage of masks once they reopen? Would they hand out disposable ones at the gates and at restaurants? Is there a precedence for mask necessity at any of the overseas parks?
Everything is speculation at this point - when they are going to open and what modifications and safety measures will be in place when they reopen.

From the overseas park, we are watching what is happening in Shanghai Disneyland. What we know from Shanghai Disneyland is that they are re-opening in phases. The Park remains closed, but the Disney Hotel and some restaurants and shops in their Downtown Disney reopened back in March.

To enter the Disney Shanghai bubble, guests have to 1) wear masks (except when eating), 2) maintain social distance 3) have their temperature checked and 4) present their green QR code.

Note that the QR code was not developed by Disney. It was developed in China to determine who can travel, get on the subway, etc., and it is based on the data on your phone on your "health habits" and a health questionnaire. If you have a yellow or red QR code you cannot travel. Note that Apple and Google are working in similar technology outside of China.

Here is the info on Shanghai Disney's page:

"Shanghai Disneyland remains closed as we continue to closely monitor health and safety conditions and follow the direction of government regulators. However, as the first step of a phased reopening, Shanghai Disney Resort will partially resume operations on March 9, 2020 with a limited number of shopping, dining, and recreational experiences available in Disneytown, Wishing Star Park and Shanghai Disneyland Hotel. Each of these resort locations will operate under limited capacity and reduced hours of operation. The Disney Car and Coach Park and the Disneytown Parking Lot will also reopen.

The resort will provide an extensive range of measures, designed to ensure a safe and healthy experience for all guests, Cast Members and Disneytown tenant employees, including strict and comprehensive approaches on sanitization, disinfection and cleanliness. In accordance with relevant regulations, every guest entering Shanghai Disney Resort will be required to undergo temperature screening procedures and present their Shanghai QR Code. Only guests with a green Shanghai QR Code will be allowed to enter the resort. Guests must wear a mask during their entire visit (except when dining), and will also be reminded to maintain respectful social distances at all times while in stores, queues and restaurants."

According to rumors coming out of what will be said at 6PM during the news conference.....

Large gathering will be approved and "layered and phased " in over the next several months. Whatever that means.

30 of us will be able to go at a time! :rotfl:

I've been saying that since day one that this isn't just a few weeks type of deal. It's a lot easier to get compliance for two weeks of inconvenience than to come right and say 2+ years. Andrew Cuomo saying today basically, "we are doing good, but we need another month of lockdowns." Of course in a month it will be extended another month. And so on and so on. But eventually this is going to reach a point where people won't take anymore. Already you are seeing that in some states people are pushing back.

In two weeks or so when other states are open going to be real hard for NY and others to stay closed.

I’m also watching CNN and their coverage - I’m wondering if the “layered and phased” openings apply to the States that are being re opened first as a test case for others.. 🤷🏻‍♀️

More coming out now....

Gyms will be allowed to open under social distancing rules

"Large venues including some restaurants" will be allowed to open under social distances rules.

Movie theaters allowed to reopen

Phase 2.....

SPorting arenas allowed to reopen

Bars have to remain closed for now

allowed groups of 50 or more

I think this is really setting up for Disney Springs to reopen next month if these all hold true.

Last edited:
How are they reimbursing for paid in full AP' s if they dont know how many days they will be closed? I bought an AP on Feb 20. Does that mean I would be reimbursed for all but 3 1/2 weeks worth of that pass?

I read it as they are offering to just refund whatever is left on your AP. So if you bought one 2 months before the closure you'd get 10 months refunded. That is what it read like to me. So sounds like 3 options now 1) extension 2) refund for time closed 3) refund of all unused time.

More coming out now....

Gyms will be allowed to open under social distancing rules

"Large venues including some restaurants" will be allowed to open under social distances rules.

Bars have to remain closed for now.

I think this is really setting up for Disney Springs to reopen next month if these all hold true.
@Jroceagles @xuxa777 this is the kind of thing most people are saying should happen. Most know we can't stay like this til there is a vaccine but we also can't reopen everything all at once like you want either. I can't see how Disney or other theme parks can open under social distancing rules.

@Jroceagles @xuxa777 this is the kind of thing most people are saying should happen. Most know we can't stay like this til there is a vaccine but we also can't reopen everything all at once like you want either. I can't see how Disney or other theme parks can open under social distancing rules.

A lot of things can't open under social distancing, which is going to keep so many out of jobs.

MIC DROP.

Not Disney, but large-crowd/event related.

New Orleans Jazz Fest was originally scheduled for the weekends of April 24 and May 1. They announced a few weeks ago that it was being pushed to the fall, as were all of New Orleans other big spring festivals. Yesterday their mayor announced that she didn't expect any large festivals or events to happen for the rest of 2020. The Jazz & Heritage Foundation announced today that in an abundance of caution, Jazzfest will be cancelled completely this year, for the first time in its 51-year history.

While I'm heartbroken, it's totally the right decision - it draws in hundreds of thousands of domestic and international visitors over two weekends (last year, total attendance was 450,000 people) and has a ton of musical acts with their crews every day. There's just no way to enforce social distance at the event, and even if you required everyone wear masks and use hand sanitizer, the risks are too high. It's a huge draw and revenue boost for the city, but the emphasis is on risk mitigation. Yes, we may be in a completely different boat come October, but those plans, decisions, and bookings have to be made now with the information we have now. They're shifting all of their big-event-plans to 2021.

https://www.nojazzfest.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter