Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. So they canceled CP that were supposed to start on 6/1. International CMs aren’t starting until 8/1 at the earliest. Disney announced this free dining promo back in March when they were hoping to be open by 6/1. I don’t doubt that. But it just doesn’t seem possible for parks to be open by then if even the PGA won’t be starting until mid-June at the earliest and without fans and all other sports are merely discussing possible plans to start back up, and all those plans involve no fans. Nothing that is happening at Disney world or in society would possibly suggest a 6/1 opening date. I understand they offered this package, but at least Disney now has your money and will just rebook you again and again and again and again.

They are still offering this package as of yesterday, I got the email myself for my cancelled May dates. Valid for reservations starting June 1.

Food is fine. So you can't get pork. Wooop. Oh no lobster isn't on the menu for 4 months. 🤧

Food is not fine. Distributors are running at about 50% capacities to pre lock down levels. It will take weeks to get their par levels back to normal especially with more processing plants starting to close. In addition to Smithfield you see disruptions at such giants as Tyson, National Beef, JB Swift and Aurora Packing with more coming. From what I'm hearing the largest Food Distributor in the Country, Sysco Foods will no longer be selling fresh meat, only frozen. They are contracted months in advance with the Meat Packers and all that fresh product is going right into Cold Storage. Kill rates are also down at the Packing Plants that are open and it will take a while to ramp those back up.

You can't flip a switch and have Disney Restaurants stocked and ready to go overnight. My guess is it will take 2-3 weeks once the decision is made to get back anywhere close to normal.

And yet, Disney is actively booking a resort/ dining/ theme park ticket package to guests with check in dates starting June 1st. If they seriously thought parks won’t be open, I believe they wouldn’t be offering this. And how do you sell a package that requires you to buy theme park tickets if the parks are closed. And remember, this package is guest recovery for people who have already had to cancel once. Disney had to be pretty sure of their plans before rolling this out, IMO.

They are still offering this package as of yesterday, I got the email myself for my cancelled May dates. Valid for reservations starting June 1.

This has been discussed. This means absolutely nothing. Disneyland was offering packages for April remember? And there was 0 chance of them being open then. It's for money, nothing else. They may have hoped to be open by June 1 back in March, but there is no hope now. But they'll continue to allow bookings until May 31, just like they allowed people to book/stay booked for April, until the very end of March even though they knew they wouldn't be open. Disney wants and needs every penny they can get/keep right now.

Last edited:
We had a split-stay reservation for June 22-29 and last night we got a notification that Disney was canceling our first night (no explanation and today it was removed from MDE). They still haven’t canceled our second stay...
That is interesting I wonder what that is all about.

We had a split-stay reservation for June 22-29 and last night we got a notification that Disney was canceling our first night (no explanation and today it was removed from MDE). They still haven’t canceled our second stay...
For which hotels?

I imagine this is just them canceling all bookings encompassing a day by day range but equally it could be to do with specific hotels remaining closed

We're meant to be there at the start of December, I am 50/50 on whether things will be open by then let alone next month, but I guess i'm a 'glass is half empty' kind of guy.

They should not be cancelling an existing reservation to accommodate a bunch of screaming kids. Had they modified the reservation, moving them to another resort, I might think that is what is going on. But straight up cancelling it? That would be a very un-Disney thing to do, not that that is unheard of.

We're meant to be there at the start of December, I am 50/50 on whether things will be open by then let alone next month, but I guess i'm a 'glass is half empty' kind of guy.
I have been trying to stay positive but all the new lately is so negative I am not sure they will open at all in 2020:(

Like others have said you are spreading misinformation, the other posters are exactly right hospitals census in Florida are way under 50%, The majority of staffs are being laid offer furloughed not just in Florida but nationwide , even the hospitals in the hotspots in NJ are not over 100% now. This info is easily seen in the states dept. of health And in news articles.

you are correct in hospital cannot run under 50% census , that is the reason thus are laying off and furloughing there staffs. This financially hurting the medical system severely,

This is absolutely the case for our local hospital. They were forced to cancel all elective surgeries and sick patients were routed to their free standing clinics for initial screening depending on symptoms. The plan was to save all available resources at main facility for the pandemic. Our county has had 6 cases, 3 of which are recovered and other 3 are at home in quarantine. Two bordering counties have no positive tests yet.

Now the hospital is trying to figure if it can financially stay open given it has had virtually no revenue for over a month. I understand why we prepared for worst, but doesn't mean there won't be consequences to those decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter