• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tried to book a date to see if they locked out before some arbitrary date? I'm not even sure with David's when to try to rebook...

Wow. I’m glad they said “until further notice,” though. I know that makes it so so hard for people who have trips planned, but if they had set an April date, it would have been extended. Same for May and probably beyond. They truly don’t know, and aren’t giving false hope.

I just feel so bad for everyone who can’t go on their trips, all this uncertainty (when would you even rebook for?) and for all the phone CMs who will be dealing with the upcoming deluge of cancellations. And especially for all the CMs who are unsure what the future holds. What. A. Mess.

I wouldn't even try till more is known. You are just asking to have to rebook again.

True, but not to get off topic we booked with David's... (SMH)... So likely we have to rebook to not lose money, but we still might, this is a huge mess for David's

Indefinitely actually causes more problems. They could have said April X or beyond.

I think Indefinite sends a strong message though and lets people that were on the fence feel better about cancelling

I do think that it would have been better if they said something like "indefinite and we will automatically cancel all vacations that were set to start before May 15th" or something like that

Has anyone tried to book a date to see if they locked out before some arbitrary date? I'm not even sure with David's when to try to rebook...

Yep. I can still book with an April 1 check-in date on the TA site. TA site still says closed through March 31. CM at the TA call center had no idea about this announcement or what it means for us. Calling back to see if I can get a different answer when I talk to someone else.

If you’re talking rebooking, it also becomes a question of when you feel safe going. Say they did open when things are still fairly bad in Florida, would you want to be there? And then you’re further limited by DVC ability and whenever your owners points expire.

Personally I am not rebooking (we are sitting and waiting on a refund from David’s and if we don’t get it will take necessary steps afterwards), but if I was I would go pretty far out, like as far as I could.

I think Indefinite sends a strong message though and lets people that were on the fence feel better about cancelling

I do think that it would have been better if they said something like "indefinite and we will automatically cancel all vacations that were set to start before May 15th" or something like that

Then you have people counting down the days until May 16th and stressing about late May trips and anxiously waiting those announcements.

I agree that it sends a strong message saying indefinite, and I think that was the right thing to do. Also points to a gradual opening, with Springs and/or hotels coming online, and then parks.

100% agree. Would have been a better idea to go with a Tokyo like announcement. Until XXXX, with the possibility to be further extended. With this announcement, they could open back up any day.

If you’re talking rebooking, it also becomes a question of when you feel safe going. Say they did open when things are still fairly bad in Florida, would you want to be there? And then you’re further limited by DVC ability and whenever your owners points expire.

Personally I am not rebooking (we are sitting and waiting on a refund from David’s and if we don’t get it will take necessary steps afterwards), but if I was I would go pretty far out, like as far as I could.

Yes we may have to take that route but I'm not sure how successful it will be... I don't think they will issue refunds...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter