• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not too sure about June looking at this projection. If you filter it for Florida is shows their peak to be in mid May. They will not be out of this until at least mid to late July from what this projection is showing. It looks like Florida has a later projected peak than the other states in the US who are projected to peak around April.

Granted these are all projections and nobody really knows when it will be over until its over.
[/QUOTE
I'm not too sure about June looking at this projection. If you filter it for Florida is shows their peak to be in mid May. They will not be out of this until at least mid to late July from what this projection is showing. It looks like Florida has a later projected peak than the other states in the US who are projected to peak around April.

Granted these are all projections and nobody really knows when it will be over until its over.

I was thinking the same.. but then looking at the resources Florida has, it doesn't look like they'll be overwhelmed like NY. Plus, the curve in FL is predicted to be a bit flatter. To put this whole thing in perspective, this website is predicting 81,000 deaths in the U.S. In 2018, there were 61,000 flu related deaths and on average there are nearly 40,000 deaths from motor vehicle accidents each year. Not that any of that is good.. just a few stats to consider.

Where did you find that blurb, @rteetz ? I'm still seeing the same message on the Disney website that says it's closing at the end of March.
ETA.....I TOTALLY believe you, I just wondered why I can't find anything yet on the Disney website. TIA!

I rescheduled our April vacation to August - we were CL and bought the extra fast passes. Signature Services is only accepting emails. Anyone have luck getting a refund for the extra fast passes purchased? I’ve called Guest Services, Reservations, and Tickets and have been told to email them, and I have, but still no answer after a few days. Thanks all!
My son got his money refunded for his purchased fastpasses. We were supposed to be there starting today, but rescheduled for my grandchildren’s fall break in October.

At least they are being honest. They have no idea when or how they will reopen and are giving the people the chance to cancel.

And I'm going 2021, I'm not cancelling! :D

I don't disagree with the decision. I just hope they put all the people they have off work on the phones. You won't be able to get through for a month.

Any date right now would be a pure guess. So much depends on how well people follow the guidelines and do their best to stay at home (except, of course, for gathering essential groceries, medicines, and performing essential work). If people comply, we can slow down the rate of infection. If they don’t, then it’s going to continue spreading exponentially. Disney has no way of knowing when the infections will slow down. I’ve seen models predicting peaks in May, June, and July. So, while I sympathize with all of you because our trips are up in the air, this is the correct announcement for the moment.

We booked our flights for our July trip already through JetBlue and they aren’t refunding July departures yet. So I’m going to hold onto my reservation until JetBlue let’s us know what we can do

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter