Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

You are 100% correct. I don't think people have thought this all the way through. It is nearly impossible to not spread the virus even with all this closure. It will slow down the spread but people will still be getting it and when people see that people are still getting it, everything will remain closed even if it is months down the road. You can say it is just Disney or just sports or whatever but the travel and entertainment sector is a huge part of our economy and everything ties to that - financial institutions, insurance, etc. So many businesses are going to close. So much unemployment is coming. Nobody is looking that far ahead and if we wait until the virus goes away, it will be months and the economy and people's lives will be destroyed.

Closing everything is the right thing to do right now because there is so much unknown. My hope is that it is temporary and in the next 2 weeks, we have more knowledge about what is going on to better script out a way to deal with it other than just close everything. It seems like most people who have been affected seriously have underlying health conditions or are old and/or in nursing homes others who are younger/healthier have had mild symptoms. That has to be better understood and maybe the plan can be to better protect those at risk.

If the cdc could get it’s act together and start testing everyone, like they are doing in South Korea, we wouldn’t be in this mess. South Korea has drive up testing stations. They know who to quarantine. They are winning the war against covid-19, while they rest of us are floundering. It’s impossible to make educated decisions when you’re not testing anyone! Blows my mind.

The real reason NCAA, MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS, Disney, Universal etc NEED to close is because people aren't smart enough to practice social distancing on their own accord. While I think some of this is an overreaction if we lived in a world where people didn't need others to make decisions for them, I also understand that if the park was open or large gatherings allowed, people of all ages and health statuses would keep attending events.

There is No possibility of sitting 6 feet away in all directions from your neighboring spectator, in the games you mentioned. No, common sense will not help there.

Well that is all the top 25 or more theme parks in the world closed. Wow. We are watching history.
Not all 25 are closed due to Corona though, it is before the season for multiple of them. Still significant though.

Doesn't help me -- those 16 extra days are in a blockout period for my FL pass.

In your case, once they change the expiration date of your passes and they did not account for the blackout, I would call and ask for it to be extended for whatever the number of days the blackout is.

Not sure if this is the appropriate thread ... but anyone knows what happens with magic band orders for trips cancelled due to the closure? We were going to have them delivered to the hotel and paid for the customized bands. If I change my ticket and hotel dates, will the bands automatically get moved as well? And if I just cancel everything, will Disney reimburse me for the customized bands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter