Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this plays out like yesterday it's accurate. Some TAs got the notification about the Disney changes hours before most of the TAs were notified, maybe those that book the international groups are getting the communications first?

This wasn't entirely unexpected after they pulled all CL rooms from booking.

Base tickets is more complicated, many people aren't going during this limited offering masked up period so why would they force refunds on them- unless they're getting rid of park hopping for until Sept 2021... but on the bright side they won't have any customers left by then so maybe they'll bring park hopping back? :sad2: ...and how will APs take no park hopping? Swimmingly I'm sure....

Going to be “interesting” for sure.

Well, if no park hopping is the case (which I understand) and they begin to refund the difference to ticket holders I hope they don't forget about the out of state AP Platinums. They've jacked the price up so high on those in the last two years and now one of the biggest perks (second line item) is being removed? Dang!

Disney Platinum Pass
  • Admission for a year to all 4 theme parks (No blockout dates)
  • Visit more than one theme park on the same day
  • Includes Disney PhotoPass downloads*
  • Up to 20% off on select dining
  • Up to 20% off select merchandise in store
  • Standard theme park parking

That applies to silver and up passes, so yes very annoying.

Well, if no park hopping is the case (which I understand) and they begin to refund the difference to ticket holders I hope they don't forget about the out of state AP Platinums. They've jacked the price up so high on those in the last two years and now one of the biggest perks (second line item) is being removed? Dang!

Disney Platinum Pass
  • Admission for a year to all 4 theme parks (No blockout dates)
  • Visit more than one theme park on the same day
  • Includes Disney PhotoPass downloads*
  • Up to 20% off on select dining
  • Up to 20% off select merchandise in store
  • Standard theme park parking

I will take whatever I can get for out of state platinum AP’s. We used ours for 6 whole days 😭

On topic of the NBA bubble. Yesterday, one of the insiders on ESPN radio said that the media coming to "the bubble" will be forced to stay inside. Once they are there, they are in for the long haul or once they leave, they cannot return. NBA can enforce that. On the flip side, one of the hold ups right now is figuring out if the NBA has the right to force the players to stay in the bubble. The NBAPA is very much pro player and against the NBA telling their players what they can and can't do. So right now the NBA is looking into the current labor agreement to see if they can control the player's activities while they are Disney World or if they can only suggest players to stay inside the bubble.

Yeah but how many TS restaurants is that gonna take? EP is a 1/2 day park if they don't have festivals or theaters or live entertainment...
At best. Low crowds riding Soarin’, Land, MS, TT (if not down), Frozen and 3 Caballeros. Limited capacity in shops of WS if open. No way they open every bar and eating establishment throughout the park for that experience. Also, you get the chance to look at construction walls and dream of coming back eventually for Rat and GotG.
Honestly, of all the rumors that should have happened, leaving EPCoT closed for a little while to speed up construction without guests would have been a good use of what income the parks can generate.
People would have still come for Slinky, SW:GE, and everything MK and AK have to offer in even a limited capacity through the end of the year.

Yeahhh...some of this is really overboard.

I don't understand the CL cuts. We don't ever book that, but can't they social distance in the club rooms? Have someone serve the food, wine, water? Seems like a silly cut when there are ways around it.

It seems I have been unsuccessful in trying to keep up with this thread while working. Have I missed info on a soft opening? Is there one rumored or announced? I see, either way, dates are not known yet.

we don’t know. My ta is saying she thinks the deal is 35% off to keep existing reservation. Basically trade free dining for 35% but isn’t sure yet. Obviously very crazy right now.

I called Disney and this is what they told me also but she did not know what the discount would be but it would be for the current reservation not for one that is rebooked. She also said it was for the people that took the recovery package. I told her we had the bounceback free dining and she did not know what would be offered for that.

On topic of the NBA bubble. Yesterday, one of the insiders on ESPN radio said that the media coming to "the bubble" will be forced to stay inside. Once they are there, they are in for the long haul or once they leave, they cannot return. NBA can enforce that. On the flip side, one of the hold ups right now is figuring out if the NBA has the right to force the players to stay in the bubble. The NBAPA is very much pro player and against the NBA telling their players what they can and can't do. So right now the NBA is looking into the current labor agreement to see if they can control the player's activities while they are Disney World or if they can only suggest players to stay inside the bubble.

if nbapl doesn’t agree on bubble season isn’t happening.

I just read a post over on the Club Level thread that was cut & pasted from a travel agent - take it with a grain of salt.. not sure it’s been verified

No club Level services - the difference in price to be credited back to the guest on their reservation.

All park hoppers will be converted to base tickets - again difference refunded.

Friday got a jump on us with its news dump... 😒

It’s like they aren’t even trying to give some semblance of the old experience. Bare bones, take it or leave it.

Yeahhh...some of this is really overboard.

I don't understand the CL cuts. We don't ever book that, but can't they social distance in the club rooms? Have someone serve the food, wine, water? Seems like a silly cut when there are ways around it.

Maybe it’s not just the food, but all the services CL can book for you and arrange being non existent right now. I guess they could book park days for you and then dining.

Maybe it’s like the DDP speculation, where they don’t feel like they can provide the value they normally can for CL so they’re just cutting it to save the aggravation.

It seems I have been unsuccessful in trying to keep up with this thread while working. Have I missed info on a soft opening? Is there one rumored or announced? I see, either way, dates are not known yet.
Dates are known. You've missed a lot, WDW has changed everything about WDW pretty much. But rteetz has you covered here with all the re-opening news, none of the chatter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter