Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Gaylord Palms convention center is scheduled to reopen June 25. I don't have a link, the information was in a email I got for a postponed convention.
First real hotel that we have info on opening that matches the size of WDW hotels.

I could see a faster opening meaning parks only, even phasing the parks in one by one. I think that P word (phased) may be important.

I do think if we hear June it doesn’t necessarily mean resorts, and our June/July planners don’t get to get off their roller coaster tomorrow.

(All speculation)

The Orange County department of health was on site at Walt Disney World and SeaWorld earlier today to review their procedures for reopening, which is part of the signoff for tomorrow.

Wonder where they toured specifically - which parks(s) and if any resorts. Might be a clue.

It probably will be missing, since that's not necessary info for the task force. I'm sure we'll get it over the next few weeks (hopefully just weeks....) as we get closer to whatever the date is! If not, we'll learn on the DisBoards when the parks open & we all go there! :D

Agree and universal still hasn't given that info and they have their first day open in about a week.

Ours starts June 27th. It is split, so we’d lose a few days with a July 1, a vast majority of it with a July 5. I actually have a ton of just in case reservations so as to not get caught in the tail end of a cut off. Honestly, I don’t even know now how many...it’s crazy.
Ha! We have the exact same situation. Are you staying until July 7th? At the Fort?

Also I saw someone mention that they got a survey for a Loews property at Universal, I forget which one. I got one for Cabana Bay sometime in the past few days, which is the last UO resort we stayed at, just the same kind of questions as the pp, asking when we would next travel and what I would be expecting.

Hotels weren’t included in UOR presentation. I think that is because the task force doesn’t have anything to do with them...
If I remember correctly, hotels have been given much more latitude in their choices about reopening, so Disney will likely focus more on the mechanics of their parks specifically. However I would be surprised if there is no update related to hotel reservations and who exactly is given priority for park entrance while capacity is limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter