Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other idea is they took CL out from inventory to manage capacity at the lounge.
Certainly possible. From reading the CL thread, several people are booking in the hopes it gives them some sort of edge when they open. I think that’s probably wrong, but they can’t be the only ones thinking that and they may have as many guests as they want. Who knows.....

Rumors are rumors for a reason. Pete heard from sources he claimed to be very high up and reliable that Disney would open June 1st. There was a group that fought against that notion that are now championing the rumored extended closure due to the NBA playing on property. Just because Petes rumor didnt turn out to be true doesnt mean this rumor is correct.

If you were to believe every rumor out there, I’d be eating Cachorro quente at the Brazilian pavilion in Epcot, or riding a roller coaster track on a door whizzing past Mike and Sully at Hollywood Studios, or a rollercoaster through a volcano with Maui and Moana in Adventureland.

The NBA rumor could be true, but until its confirmed, its just a rumor thats going to cause more angst here than anything else. The mask debate would be nothing compared to entitled millionaires squatting on vacation ground for 3 months. Vacation ground that many could use after being held up in their homes for the last 3 months. For every 1 person that says masks and shows would ruin a vacation for them, theres 1 person that would still go despite that.

But again, Disney would then have to isolate, house, and test all CMs in those parks as well. That would be a massive, costly undertaking that would be much harder than just having the NBA stick to the resort and having regular guests stay in the other resorts and go to the parks.

The only thing I can think of is that since Disney Signature Services is all on furlough right now, maybe they just don’t want any new CL reservations in the short term. It could also be that they’ll still trying to figure out how they’re going to do CL in the age of social distancing. I did have the option of a CL room at YC when I booked my NYE trip.

ETA: All those CL rooms have disappeared for at YC for NYE.
So the day after that August 31st rumour was floated rooms are unavailable to be booked until that date? I know people are unable to modify, but I’m getting an error even booking on their site. Is it resort wide?

Hmmm. 🤨
I’m confused. I can still book for July. I just tried. Are we talking club level only?

Rumors are rumors for a reason. Pete heard from sources he claimed to be very high up and reliable that Disney would open June 1st. There was a group that fought against that notion that are now championing the rumored extended closure due to the NBA playing on property. Just because Petes rumor didnt turn out to be true doesnt mean this rumor is correct.

If you were to believe every rumor out there, I’d be eating Cachorro quente at the Brazilian pavilion in Epcot, or riding a roller coaster track on a door whizzing past Mike and Sully at Hollywood Studios, or a rollercoaster through a volcano with Maui and Moana in Adventureland.

The NBA rumor could be true, but until its confirmed, its just a rumor thats going to cause more angst here than anything else. The mask debate would be nothing compared to entitled millionaires squatting on vacation ground for 3 months. Vacation ground that many could use after being held up in their homes for the last 3 months. For every 1 person that says masks and shows would ruin a vacation for them, theres 1 person that would still go despite that.

I think rumours from reliable sources likely contain some grain of truth. I absolutely believed Pete’s June 1st info was good info at some point, things just changed. Im treating rteetz’s the same. There is probably some grain of truth there or at the very least he’s getting wind of real ideas that are being floated around. Whether they materialize or not is anyone’s guess.

Now do I treat random posters who know a guy who knows a guy the same way? No. Unless they work at the DVC call center 😉.

Based on what I was told I don’t think it’s that laughable. My source could be wrong but...
Well personally we will be done for good. And that makes me very sad, but the writing has been on the wall for some time that Disney no longer values its loyal customers. And I want my money back for tickets not just the opportunity to use them at a later date when they decide they no longer have anyone better to take my place. And on a separate note, I’ve never been an nba fan anyway. But I wouldn’t support them either.

Whats your thoughts on how Disney would spin this though?

Lets say we get through July with UO open full force with no major problems and no major spikes and 90% of World is still closed.

Surely at that point the stock would take a big hit no? Shareholders wouldn't be too happy either I am guessing.

This of course all speculation we get through ALL of july with most still shut.

Just curious on your thoughts, Thanks
I’m not quite sure. Disney spin is always something. Many people have to remember that Disney is more than just theme parks. They still have springs open, they could open a park, and they could open DVC resorts. I don’t think even with the universal news or the NBA or not Disney wants to open everything up. I truly believe Disney was surprised Universal went for everything right away. Obviously Disney is larger and needs a bit more time but I think they are still very much looking at opening one park first and going from there. We should know more in the coming days and NBA plans start to finalize and Disney’s plans do as well.

Well personally we will be done for good. And that makes me very sad, but the writing has been on the wall for some time that Disney no longer values its loyal customers. And I want my money back for tickets not just the opportunity to use them at a later date when they decide they no longer have anyone better to take my place. And on a separate note, I’ve never been an nba fan anyway. But I wouldn’t support them either.
Honestly, if this rumor is true I would just call guest services. I’ve seen posts saying some people were able to get refunds for tickets.

With the NBA rumor Disney has put out a statement saying they are working on a deal with them. You know what would help with all of this no matter what side you're on is for Disney to actually say something. They have been tight-lipped through this whole thing.

The NBA stuff is a bit more than a rumor. Both Disney and the NBA confirmed they are in talks about a restart plan.

This isn’t just about loyal customers. This is also about safety. Yes it may not look good to have the NBA there but they will be safer there than in each home arena. Guests unfortunately are entitled and think they are above the rules and Disney is concerned about that. If they weren’t I think you’d see more ambition to open up sooner.

Is it possible Disney is quite concerned with the possibility of multiple openings and closings?

Maybe they are choosing the slow open to allow a better chance of opening and staying open.

I'm not an NBA fan either. I'm a sad college baseball fan. ⚾

Honestly, if this rumor is true I would just call guest services. I’ve seen posts saying some people were able to get refunds for tickets.
Definitely! If our trip fizzles out for July I'm going to try to recoup the money I just spent for my latest Platinum AP. It isn't validated yet and I'm going to need that $1,200+ to invest in a new vacation for this summer.

I think rumours from reliable sources likely contain some grain of truth. I absolutely believed Pete’s June 1st info was good info at some point, things just changed. Im treating rteetz’s the same. There is probably some grain of truth there or at the very least he’s getting wind of real ideas that are being floated around. Whether they materialize or not is anyone’s guess.

Now do I treat random posters who know a guy who knows a guy the same way? No. Unless they work at the DVC call center 😉.

Rumors are there to fill a conversational narrative by the party that believes it. Those that didn’t believe Pete it any rumor of June 1st were the first ones to to jump on this current rumor and present it as fact. Same goes for me not believing this rumor. I do know that this rumor would make a lot more people angry at Disney on a PR standpoint than if they had opened on June 1st with masks.

Basketball is popular on a worldwide scale, especially come playoff season. But they’d be risking a lot having the NBA being their only moneymaker in the hopes that people don’t get bored with there being no fans in attendance (the crowd excitement adds a lot to playoff basketball) and the fact that a lot of people watch sports at bars during the summer, bars that won’t be open, or able to house a lot of people. The NBA would also be competing with baseball, hockey, and towards the tail end of the playoffs, NFL and NCAA football. NBA coming back isn’t a guaranteed money generator from a marketing standpoint. It could be big, but it could also backfire. Let’s not forget that not every game is on ABC or ESPN, TNT would also be banking in on these games being played. So it’s not like ESPN would have nightly content. This is also the same company that offered the KBO (Korean Baseball Organization) $0 at first to broadcast their games. They finally caved and made a deal just to have content, and it worked for a couple games, and now their ratings are very small. Obviously the NBA and KBO are two different things with different American audience popularity. But there’s a chance that Disney is thinking the public’s desperation for sports to return is higher than it might actually be.

This isn’t just about loyal customers. This is also about safety. Yes it may not look good to have the NBA there but they will be safer there than in each home arena. Guests unfortunately are entitled and think they are above the rules and Disney is concerned about that. If they weren’t I think you’d see more ambition to open up sooner.
That’s all well and good, but they need to make a statement to that effect. Up until now, Disney has been cancelling reservations week by week which gives the impression that they are close to opening. If not, why not just cancel a month at a time and quit stringing people along?
If the NBA comes on property and Disney pushes their opening way back, it will look like Disney is pushing the guests out of the way to cater to the NBA. I doubt most people who had vacations scheduled this summer would be willing to give them up so that the NBA could finish their season.

Definitely! If our trip fizzles out for July I'm going to try to recoup the money I just spent for my latest Platinum AP. It isn't validated yet and I'm going to need that $1,200+ to invest in a new vacation for this summer.
I’m in the same situation. We bought two platinum APs for our trip in April that was cancelled but we do have plans to use them in September, December and next April. If September gets cancelled I will definitely be looking to get our money back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter