Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically they cant open now but they can prepare for opening? Could the parks do all of the modifications now and open day and date as phase 2 is announced?
No reason they couldn't, but clearly Disney will not open in early June, regardless. No one knows when phase 2 will be implemented. DeSantis had said he hoped it would be just 2-3 weeks between each phase.

Thats what I saw but the picture you posted doesnt say they could actually open, just says they can submit plans.
Regardless, it's pretty obvious that they wont be able to open in the next two weeks. They're cancelling rooms through June 6th check-in. DeSantis said at least 2 weeks between phases. It doesn't make a difference what the fine print says - they aren't going to be magically approved for an opening plan tomorrow and then open on Monday. Logistically it can't happen.

Regardless, it's pretty obvious that they wont be able to open in the next two weeks. They're cancelling rooms through June 6th check-in. DeSantis said at least 2 weeks between phases. It doesn't make a difference what the fine print says - they aren't going to be magically approved for an opening plan tomorrow and then open on Monday. Logistically it can't happen.
Nowhere did I mention a 2 week window. I'm just curious about the logistics of it. I assume they can already install all the safety measures now and be ready for when they get a green light? However far out that is.

Nowhere did I mention a 2 week window. I'm just curious about the logistics of it. I assume they can already install all the safety measures now and be ready for when they get a green light? However far out that is.
I would assume they would be able to work on whatever opening procedures they need to get in place once it's approved by DeSantis. Actual park opening wont happen until Phase 2.

So far I've heard for Disney Springs on the 20th : Earl of Sandwich, STK, The Polite Pig, Joffrey’s, and YeSake, Boathouse, Blaze, Planet Hollywood, Chicken Guy, Wine Bar George.

No for most everything else, including Homecoming, Morimoto Asia, Raglan Road, Splitsville. (22 or 27th for those)

I would assume they would be able to work on whatever opening procedures they need to get in place once it's approved by DeSantis. Actual park opening wont happen until Phase 2.

I think the union agreement made it possible to start putting opening procedure measures in the park such as social distancing stickers on the ground, ordering face coverings to have available in stores, and at security, sneeze guards at registers, hand washing and sanitizer stations, thermometers for security, etc. Now that doesnt give any indication of when theyd open. But thats the stuff that would take the longest. Training their staff would take probably about a week. But until we see CMs actually be brought back, its all speculation of when things would really start ramping up

I’d say so since we still haven’t had them operating anywhere close to the Florida summer. And may not this year either. It may be 2021 before we get to see how miserable they can be. Most people will be fine I suspect while others like me can’t stand the heat. My first ride was fine on sections where the wind was blowing in, but on other sections with no wind I thought I was going to die. Worse than wearing a mask.

And speaking of the actual topic at hand, is there anything in the agreement about how long the mask measures will last or how and when they will reassess? Since it’s a union agreement just thought it could be written as a permanent thing that has to get reversed at some point
They won’t be any worse than just standing out in the heat. There will be air flowing through them and they are shaded. People are blowing it way out of proportion.

So far I've heard for Disney Springs on the 20th : Earl of Sandwich, STK, The Polite Pig, Joffrey’s, and YeSake, Boathouse, Blaze, Planet Hollywood, Chicken Guy, Wine Bar George.

I’m so happy The Boathouse is going to open. We love that place!

Sorry, I am playing catch up on here.
So Florida will be in full phase 1, did DeSantis say it was going to be another 2-3 weeks from the 18th before considering phase 2?
And, I assume Disney had to finalize deals with the Union before submitting their plan?
So basically we are back to pestering @yulilin3 come Sunday for CM updates. :)
Well, atleast progress-even if it is baby steps! pixiedust:

50% in favor of opening and 50% not in favor of opening is about as fair as it gets. Sounds like the country as a whole is moving at the pace that is most appeasing to everyone.

there's no way the parks can reopen this month, they need to get approval from local management, then they will call CM and TM back, by the time those two things happen we will be in Phase 2
I agree. Too many pieces have to fall into place before it can happen.

50% in favor of opening and 50% not in favor of opening is about as fair as it gets. Sounds like the country as a whole is moving at the pace that is most appeasing to everyone.

If we were shoving 50,000 people in a baseball stadium, or baseball/hockey arena, and 80,000 into Disney parks, there would be a big issue. But we’re not moving that quickly and that was never the plan. It was always going to be slow openings.

I listened to the press conference. Nowhere did he say they couldn't open until Phase 2. He said that they had to submit plans for opening safely, signed off by the mayor of their area. They would be approved by him based on the plans submitted. The "cliff notes" just doesn't say ALL of that.

ETA: that doesn't mean it won't be Phase 2 by then, he just never said they couldn't open until Phase 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter