Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have wondered about the possibility of a soft opening of the parks before resorts open.

When they started the reopening of Shanghi DL there were videos showing a kind of soft opening - CMs, Disney executives and their family & friends were the testers for the social distancing protocols put in place. I don’t recall seeing any guest soft openings... just from the testing to the actual opening.

Someone on one of my Facebook groups said he got the same e-mail for his dates at Akl 6/20-6/28. Looks like they are canceling the whole month on June😢
This does not appear to be the case. No DISer reports of that. Cancellations are occurring for check-ins 6/6 and earlier.

Personally I suspect they were in a group or TA group situation.

Like I said on another thread, how are they just going to cancel some and not all?
That wouldn't surprise me. If they are in fact trying to limit capacity. You have to think, there were already people booked for June prior to the virus. So with that in mind, doubling up for re-schedules would've made it packed.

That wouldn't surprise me. If they are in fact trying to limit capacity. You have to think, there were already people booked for June prior to the virus. So with that in mind, doubling up for re-schedules would've made it packed.

But it's really messed up to do that. I've booked with that TA before and if they canceled mine and not someone else's I would be furious.

Like I said on another thread, how are they just going to cancel some and not all?

I don’t know how they could arbitrarily make that distinction unless they are keep DVC resorts booked on points and cancelling everything else.

If they did indeed need to cancel some June and not others to get under a certain capacity, I would think they would release unsavoury park procedures and let people cancel on their own first. Possibly wait until closer to the arrival dates too.

I wonder if the group/TA ones go first kind of like how Disney cash reservations have been cancelled before DVC, and eventually they’re all gone.

I don’t know how they could arbitrarily make that distinction unless they are keep DVC resorts booked on points and cancelling everything else.

If they did indeed need to cancel some June and not others to get under a certain capacity, I would think they would release unsavoury park procedures and let people cancel on their own first. Possibly wait until closer to the arrival dates too.

I wonder if the group/TA ones go first kind of like how Disney cash reservations have been cancelled before DVC, and eventually they’re all gone.
Say they reopened only the Magic Kingdom and the Monorail resorts at first. Wouldn't that be a reasonable way to do it?

Say they reopened only the Magic Kingdom and the Monorail resorts at first. Wouldn't that be a reasonable way to do it?

There is no reasonable way to do it. If I booked Pop a year in advance and they cancel me but let someone in at the Poly who booked 6 months in advance how is that fair?

I have no dog in this fight, but I really think the whole month of June is done. There is no justification for keeping some and not others, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter