Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for saying this!!! People automatically assume that if someone doesn't want the vaccine, they are some crazy anti-vaxxer. I have a daughter that reacted poorly to some childhood vaccines. I know family friends who have been injured, as well (one almost died and was paralyzed for weeks). Our family all had covid and it was no more than a cold for us. I understand that it is not like that for some and they should get the vaccine, but we are in no rush and don't plan on getting vaccinated for a disease that our immune system can handle given the risk for vaccine injury as evidenced by past experience. Nobody should be excluded for not getting a vaccine. Vaccine passports are stepping over the line IMO. And, get ready to get a booster 2-3 times a year. No, thanks. I will rely on my immune system since it has proven itself.
unvaccinated people can continue to spread the virus and also give the virus opportunities to morph into other variants. It’s a little more complex that your individual immune system. We understand vaccine rates cannot be 100% because of those unable to receive it. People choosing to get vaccinated are doing so for their own safety but also the greater good.

But it won't. Doctors and the CDC say we all still need to wear masks and do social distancing even after the vaccine. If you say we can end masks and social distancing when 80% of the population is vaccinated (herd immunity), that would be an incentive. But they are NOT saying that at all.
I totally agree and have said that same thing earlier in this thread.

His doubts are actually not unfounded. They are based on what he has seen. There are plenty of people who have been injured by this vaccine. And, in his case (as, in mine) the risk for adverse side-effects from the vaccine is greater than the side effects of the covid we had. So, your experience has been positive with the vaccine which is great. But, just because someone doesn't agree doesn't mean it is unfounded.
Far far FAR more people have had no issues with the vaccine other than normal soreness, fatigue, possible fever. Mostly lasting 24 hours. That’s not injury. I haven’t had my vaccine yet, scheduled for Wednesday. I was pointing out that my husband having no side effects and OP’s friend having side effects doesn’t mean anything frankly. Anecdotal experiences do not equal scientific proof.

Again, if a large percentage of us don’t get it we’re signing up for masks and distancing for a long time. We can’t have it both ways.

Here’s an interesting catch 22 with masks and capacity.

went to DS to sort out an AP for my 3 yr old.

I lost count at 10 people... more than 10 people walked by the CM at the ticket door with nose or mask off.
two people inside building had nose out, nothing was said

fast forward to customer service and dealing with some plaids. Again, standing at the door way, greater than 10 people walked past plaids with nose out or mask off- nothing was said.

I was surprised! But this was our first stop. We spent the next three hours at DS and I understand why the CMs didn’t say anything. Almost every other party had mask off/drinking and walking/gaiters on/nose out/etc. legit, serious, mask fatigue by guests (and forget social distancing).

upon leaving, multiple people removed mask at the escalators to the Orange garage (long live lime!)- nothing was said.

The CMs are overwhelmed! How can they increase capacity without changing the mandate some (maybe outside exceptions) or hiring a ton of people to “police” all day.

LOL that the overhead messaging changed. Cough into your hand, wash hands, and if you aren’t wearing a mask we’ll tell you to leave. Signs are literally,” wear your mask, or well ask you to leave. “ None of that influenced people.

Wait for summer with the high temps and humidity and tons of people....its gonna be bad. It will be nothing like last summer since there will be thousands more in the parks, CM won't easily be able to catch everyone also. I really feel bad for them.

His doubts are actually not unfounded. They are based on what he has seen. There are plenty of people who have been injured by this vaccine. And, in his case (as, in mine) the risk for adverse side-effects from the vaccine is greater than the side effects of the covid we had. So, your experience has been positive with the vaccine which is great. But, just because someone doesn't agree doesn't mean it is unfounded.
You’re right. People have been injured but have also died. My father had a severe reaction and is still recovering after two weeks.

Not everyone who is refusing this vaccine is an anti-vaxxer. If some cared to look, the CDC has reported there are twice the vaccine deaths already this year (the VAERS site is also a good place to read for statistics). I think some need to make the best decision for their own families and others need to be respectful of those decisions.

As far as theme parks, cruises, air travel, health passport requirements of any kind will be the last of my visits to any and all. We have rights under HIPAA.

I don’t think the kids thing is accurate. There was a study in Iceland and this is what they found
“This 40,000-person study found that children under 15 were about half as likely as adults to be infected, and only half as likely as adults to transmit the virus to others. Almost all the coronavirus transmissions to children came from adults.”
Sorry, I did see that and should have said 15+ for that study. The elementary kids don’t appear to be a big deal but it gets murkier with the middle school to high school crowd. It also depends on the situation and mitigation efforts. There was a case study about a summer camp in GA last year where a majority of kids became infected—of course they were housed together and were not wearing masks so that obviously is a higher risk scenario. There also was a daycare study in Texas (I think) where cases were documented from young children to adult—one 8 month old infected 2 family members. Schools have been pretty low with transmission in school in part to age and precautions.

You’re right. People have been injured but have also died. My father had a severe reaction and is still recovering after two weeks.

Not everyone who is refusing this vaccine is an anti-vaxxer. If some cared to look, the CDC has reported there are twice the vaccine deaths already this year (the VAERS site is also a good place to read for statistics). I think some need to make the best decision for their own families and others need to be respectful of those decisions.

As far as theme parks, cruises, air travel, health passport requirements of any kind will be the last of my visits to any and all. We have rights under HIPAA.
For those wondering...
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html
“126 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through March 22, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 2,216 reports of death (0.0018%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. CDC and FDA physicians review each case report of death as soon as notified and CDC requests medical records to further assess reports. A review of available clinical information including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records revealed no evidence that vaccination contributed to patient deaths.”

No one is saying we should force people to get it. We’re saying it MAY stop those who don’t from participating in some things moving forward if businesses choose to require proof. The debate is around a Vaccine Passport. Doesn’t mean it will happen. But either way, if enough people don’t get it we’re in for the long haul.

That seems to be theme around here, don’t want the vaccine and you’re made out to be selfish or whatever else. I have a right to not get it and that is the bottom line.

That seems to be theme around here, don’t want the vaccine and you’re made out to be selfish or whatever else. I have a right to not get it and that is the bottom line.
Totally agree. Everyone is free to get their antibodies one way or another. To clarify i opted for the vaccine. I liked the odds better than building resistance the other way.

Last edited:
That’s fine as long as you understand that if enough of us don’t get it we’re in this mess for the long haul. And 30% not getting it and continuing to spread it and allowing variants to develop is a problem for all of us.

Sadly this is our best path forward and from the amount people in here saying they won’t get it, Disney won’t be dropping masks anytime soon. Seeing vaccine passports considered, to me, signals there are fears the amount of people we need to get it won’t, and there needs to be a way for the economy to move forward without those people.

unvaccinated people can continue to spread the virus and also give the virus opportunities to morph into other variants. It’s a little more complex that your individual immune system. We understand vaccine rates cannot be 100% because of those unable to receive it. People choosing to get vaccinated are doing so for their own safety but also the greater good.
I agree and people who can't get it should not be vilified. Also, it is going to morph into other variants regardless. It is a virus. Did you know that H1N1 is actually a variant of the Spanish Flu? This virus is not going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter