Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is lightening McQueen open in DHS? It’s terrible, but DS loves it. 😔
According to Touring Plans it is operating.
Honestly this reasoning never came to mind for me. Yes, you don’t want interchanging people going park to park, but it’s just as unsafe to have people that are uncomfortable in a crowded scenario and be stuck there. Yes, you can leave, but leaving is wasted money. Giving alternative options of parks, maybe after a certain hour would alleviate a lot of overcrowding. Maybe just not allow hopping TO Hollywood studios.
Opening day of an already popular park is not the day for those to go who are looking for lower crowds. Also, the reservation system quickly showed those days were at/near capacity so it was well known from the time the reservation system opened that the first few days a DHS were going to be busy.

Last edited:
So, maybe no one has an answer to this right now, but the last time I was in EP in December it was torn apart. I understand Disney needs to cut costs and postpone rides and attractions, but you can't just leave big dirt holes in the ground? Any idea how they move forward? Will they just cover all of that up right now and maybe restart projects later?
SSE and Poppins didn't start yet. They have not formally canceled or postponed anything else yet.

And it makes sense, because this is what we saw at DHS to a degree before it all shut down during rope drop. Sunset boulevard, despite having two really good attractions, was easily the least crowded area of the three (TSL, SWGE, and Sunset).
We went to TSL the first summer it opened and in all honesty although I really liked SDD I was not a huge fan of the area. I got what they were going for, that we were all small tioys in a crowded backyard of tall grass but I just did not feel it worked. Thought it looked overgrown and crammed in. Had fp for all the rides and aside from a couple of m&gs dis not spend much extra time in the area because of it

According to Touring Plans it is operating.
Opening day of an already popular park is not the day for those to go who are looking for lower crowds. Also, the reservation system quickly showed those days were at/near capacity so it was well known from the time the reservation system opened that the first few days a DHS were going to be almost/at capacity.

Weirdly the reservation system is showing Resort Guests could still get in today, but from now until next friday, there are no park reservations available at DHS.

I think another challenge with DHS right now is that so much of it was shows that would eat up a lot of people. With Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Indiana Jones and Frozen Singalong not being offered right now, there are less places for people to go. Yes, it's the same in all the parks but i feel it's felt more so in DHS.

Just tried for the 4pm boarding group and it told me its not allowing new guest

I'm assuming this was probably because earlier downtime. From reports today it didn't look like they were getting through the early groups very fast. So 10 AM and 1 PM are okay to try for but 4 PM might be a big gamble if that's the only time you can make it and if the ride has been down for a while that day.

I attempted from home again at 4, this time all my party were listed. (Posted in other thread for 10 and 1, 2 people missing)
The JOIN button below names I did not click out of fear I'd join a BG from Iowa.

ETA and I thought I was over in the SWGE thread, lol. Ahh well :o

Hmmm, so what is the point? Does this mean the overflow of the other two boarding groups are in the queue??

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think it has been confirmed yet that overflow from the previous boarding group is added to the next slot.

I think its more that they werent moving people through very quickly today and the ride had some downtime. So they are left trying to get through whatever BGs they had from earlier.

I am just talking odds.

I just think that we, as a country, are treating this disease like EVERYONE has it .. when the reality is quite the opposite. That doesn't mean we shouldn't be careful, that means we don't have to panic and shame others if a few people get too close to us or have their nose out of their mask for a few seconds . .because odds are VERY VERY HIGH they aren't even infected.

Your “odds” are based on exactly zero facts about mass gatherings.

Irresponsible to make such a claim, but most people on here seem to know better anyways.

This kind of blasé attitude is exactly why you can’t trust the person next to you in the parks.

Now can someone post that adorable video of Joy frolicking at Epcot again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter